Quantcast

I absolutely DESPISE verizon...

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
my super duper network that i have behind me is mia. texting doesnt work, calls dont work, hell i even tried 911 and that didnt work... the other 3 people in my house with verizon have seemed to have lost their service too. Uber gay.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I have had nothing but great service. I have travled a ton and it works flawlessly.
REALLY?!? I have 25 business lines with Sprint/Nextel and I've never been disrespected so bad by a phone agent AND her supervisor as I was just a week ago. :plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown:

If I had T-mobile here I would pay money to switch just to get any kind of decent customer service.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
nope .... GOOD

verizon sucks, but up here in north nj with the hills that is the ONLY carrier that works everywhere. nextel is ok, att/cingular suck, tmobil forget it, sprint is ok but still stucks. only nice thing with everyone on verizon is that noone worrys about texting/calling outside their "in" network

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
REALLY?!? I have 25 business lines with Sprint/Nextel and I've never been disrespected so bad by a phone agent AND her supervisor as I was just a week ago. :plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown:

If I had T-mobile here I would pay money to switch just to get any kind of decent customer service.
Yeah but also I never call the CS. There is a Sprint store within walking distance from my house. And another one about 15 mintues in a car. No need for me to ever call them.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
nope .... GOOD

verizon sucks, but up here in north nj with the hills that is the ONLY carrier that works everywhere. nextel is ok, att/cingular suck, tmobil forget it, sprint is ok but still stucks. only nice thing with everyone on verizon is that noone worrys about texting/calling outside their "in" network
Hey homie, Spring/Nextel is the same thing.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Currently I am with sprint, Have been for four years now. CS sucks, just like any other Cell service. Seriously, I have Never had good Customer service from any company I have been with, back when I first got a Cell with Air touch, then to verizon, Cs has always been horrible. They know they have you for two years, and they take advantage of it. Now as far as Cell service goes, Verizon and Sprint have always been good

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Update:

All circuits still busy through VZW. I wonder what fudged their network?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Hmm, haven't had any problems with Cingular. Hell, the other day I wandered into a store, complained that a button on my phone wasn't working, found out I had a day left on my original warranty. 5 days later brand new phone delivered to my house.

I'm happy with them, I think my whole family is on a Cingular plan.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
ive had this p.o.s. for just over a year.
the verizon motorola q

Ive had to return it 3 times because it is the biggest piece of junk ever. It breaks like atoy from toys r us. It never works. And since im only 19 they always treat me like a punk teenager. Then i bring my dad along, and i get a new one. I probably know more about the vz cell phones than their tech people do. They just have fancy computers in the back that tell them all the stuff I already can. They dont like me too much at the verizon shop. :busted: If it werent for the "in" newtwork, and the fact that so many people are on it, I would definitely be with cingular.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
nope .... GOOD

TIP:

Move.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Someone ought to slap you silly for dialing 911 without a good reason whether it worked or not.
I don't know man... seems like the alternative would be to discover that you can't reach 911 while the emergency is happening. Normally I would agree since the kid is about as bright as N 8, but in this case I would say better safe than sorry. And you just know that he's going to hurt himself eventually and need to call 911.

Of course maybe he should be beaten with a golden banana...

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Someone ought to slap you silly for dialing 911 without a good reason whether it worked or not.
+1. Just because you couldn't text your lady goat doesn't mean you should go call 911.

Verizon does suck at times, but not has hard as the other major networks. I've either had in the past or currently have Cingular, AT&T, Nextel, Nextel/Sprint, and Verizon and have hung onto Verizon because it sucks the least of all of the above. I wouldn't even consider T-Mobile a cell provider, they're a joke IMO.

Luckybikes

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Dracut MA
I have been using Verizon for 2 years now and say its the best i have ever used here in the north east. I had Cingular for a while and must say they honestly sucked, everything about them sucked, there phones, there CS everything.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my super duper network that i have behind me is mia. texting doesnt work, calls dont work, hell i even tried 911 and that didnt work... the other 3 people in my house with verizon have seemed to have lost their service too. Uber gay.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm in densely populated MD and have Verizon. I routinely miss calls, just last night my wife called me because she picked up a flat on a road ride and wanted me to come pick her up. As I was driving to pick her up, she tried to call a couple of times to tell me exactly where she was. The phone never rang. The only way I knew she was calling was that the phone beeped to tell me I had voice mail. WTF? And yes, the ringer was on and I was in an area with good coverage.

In addition to missed calls, sometimes a voice mail won't show up for 2 or 3 days after a message has been left. It's pretty annoying.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Provider coverage and QoS varies by area.

We have over 100 lines with Verizon, ATT, and Tmobile across the country. Verizon has the best overall coverage/QoS and the worst CS of the three. Tmobile has the best CS but the worst coverage but its not different than ATT in terms of coverage.

Most of our lines are with Verizon, few with Tmobile, and now only a couple with ATT. We are getting rid of our ATT account soon.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I've been a customer of Verizon for over 5 years. I hate it, too, but not as much as I hate AT&T/Cingular, Sprint, or T-mobile. I just hate Verizon less.

Their choice of phones seems to be going downhill, as of recent. Which is a major disappointment. Until they come out with a TRUE version of the iPhone, I'm going to keep my phone.

On a side note, don't by the Samsun SCH-u740. It sucks. I'm on my third one in less than a year due to freezing and software issues (totally not my fault), and I was told that after a year I'd be on my own, meaning that if the same thing happens again, which it inevitably will, I'll have to pay my $50 cell-phone deductible and wait for a new phone for a week.

If it happens, I'll be writing one nasty letter to Verizon... you can bet your balls.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
I've had CellOne/Cingular/AT&T for over 10 years. Great service and no complaints about CS. My family in PA all have VW because that is all they offer and they consistantly have a weaker signal than I do (even with much better and more expensive phones) and constantly drop calls. Plus, they can no longer get their pics off their phones without paying $.25 each! With AT&T it is free.
Agreed. AT&T is awesome. I never understand peoples complaints. Your phone doesn't work, they send you a new one. Sprint wants to trouble shoot it and this and that and then charge you $65 to give you a new POS.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'm in densely populated MD and have Verizon. I routinely miss calls, just last night my wife called me because she picked up a flat on a road ride and wanted me to come pick her up. As I was driving to pick her up, she tried to call a couple of times to tell me exactly where she was. The phone never rang. The only way I knew she was calling was that the phone beeped to tell me I had voice mail. WTF? And yes, the ringer was on and I was in an area with good coverage.

In addition to missed calls, sometimes a voice mail won't show up for 2 or 3 days after a message has been left. It's pretty annoying.
yep... :stupid:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
To me, there are three evils in the world: Comcast, VZW, and Anthem B/C B/S.

I have had basically nothing but problems the past few years trying to get off the family plan with my mom. They can't figure out which one of us lives where, who to charge for what, etc. I have also been through about 4 Treo's and the only reason I am still with them is they gave me a BB 8300 for free.

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of breaking my contract and dumping them for an iPhone. Seems to be the only thing that will reliably sync my contacts and calendar. Now that they have announced the 16GB iPhone, and the SDK the end of the month, I think I may give AT&T a try