Quantcast

I admit it. I like the Mazda 3

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I've been driving my bro's Mazda 3 ...(GT I think) once or twice a week. It has the 2.3 litre, 19" wheels, giant rotors etc....he has the hatchback/wagon

I gotta say, it's a pretty fun little car to drive. It's not as quick as my old GSR, but it definitely handles way better.

I'd consider one as a little commuter........................

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
As long as its the hatch and not the sedan. For some reason I just hate the sedan. I used to think that it was just a Ford Focus, but its not. Fully built in Japan, unlike the 6, I believe. It'd be cool if they turbo'd it. :devil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
19" wheels and giant brakes on a Mazda 3? do you guys get a different model than we do here? :think: (or aftermarket?)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Shmoe said:
Wait for a turbo AWP version SilentJ... Rumor is its coming.
I'm rockin a truck (Canyon) right now so I'm not really looking to buy a car anyways...the GF might be, though.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
I have a Black '05 3 five door. I've had it for a year now, and I have had no issues or complaints. It drives great, I can fit all my stuff in it including my bike (minus the front wheel). All you haters can just stow it, compared to any other car in it's class give me my 3.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMike said:
I've been driving my bro's Mazda 3 ...(GT I think) once or twice a week. It has the 2.3 litre, 19" wheels, giant rotors etc....he has the hatchback/wagon

I gotta say, it's a pretty fun little car to drive. It's not as quick as my old GSR, but it definitely handles way better.

I'd consider one as a little commuter........................
My wife drives one! She loves it.
It's the girls sporty car of choice.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Toshi said:
19" wheels and giant brakes on a Mazda 3? do you guys get a different model than we do here? :think: (or aftermarket?)
Sorry....17's.......Not sure what I was thinking.... And yeah the rotors are pretty frickin huge. The car stops on a dime. (And it's stock.)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
MMike said:
Does the MAzda 3 even exist in the US? I've never seen one. The only ones I ever saw had BC plates on them.

They are like assholes and opinions here.......
Sure do. We've had one for about a year now (hatchback) in the brighter blue. We didn't need two bigger vehicles so we traded in my Blazer for a more gas efficient car. I like it alot, no real complaints.