Quantcast

I adopted today....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
well, my wife did anyway. the local animal shelter sponsored a showing of "Beauty and the Beast" last night at a live action theater and during intermission they showed some choice dogs up for adoption. my wife called me while i was at home watching my youngest daughter, and in her most pitiful voice begged me to let her bring one home. a chi-waaaa-waaaa named Anna specifically.

i said "maybe" and let her sleep on it. and so today, with a full understanding that it was HER dog and that if it became a problem it would be gone (typical husbandry speech to invalidate any blame for the poopy messes in the future :D ), she and the kids took off to the shelter to pick up our new pet, Anna.

she's 1.5 yrs old and is very calm for a "yip-yip" dog. she's done nothing but snuggle with whoever is lowest to the ground at the moment and she doesn't mind being the hug toy of my kids, especially my youngest who has apparently claimed Anna as her own :D

anyhoo.....pics
Trying to take a nap after the traumatic day

Noah calming her

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Thats awesome. Nice save. You know you will come to love that dog. Everyone has a place in there heart somewhere for an animal.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Now I don't feel so bad since someone now has a smaller dog than me :D

Good save. I agree, shelter/rescue animals are always my first choice. 1 cat, 1 rabbit and 1 horse were all rescues at my house. If/when I ever get a big dog for me, it will also be a rescue.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I hope it isn't like the psycho chihuahua my aunt and uncle got. Went to untangle the thing and the little prick tried to bite me, left it there tangled.

Hope you all have luck with it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
You got a chihuahua? You big poof. Bet the boys down the station are gonna give you a hard time for that one.;)
Good on ya for saving one anyway.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Cool dog!

My neighbor breeds chihuahuas. She has 15 or so of the little bastards in a kennel about 30 feet from my bedroom window.

I still prefer a kennel full of the yippy chihuahuas to the two snotty, snorty pugs that her husband keeps... man I hate those things :dead:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
manimal said:
i said "maybe" and let her sleep on it. and so today, with a full understanding that it was HER dog and that if it became a problem it would be gone (typical husbandry speech to invalidate any blame for the poopy messes in the future :D ),
Nice try, completely useless, but nice try anyway.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Awwww....very cute. :D

Kind of funny, actually. You'd think a big burly cop like Manimal would have a German Shepard or Great Dane type dog in the family, not a cutesy little chihuahua. :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I Are Baboon said:
Awwww....very cute. :D

Kind of funny, actually. You'd think a big burly cop like Manimal would have a German Shepard or Great Dane type dog in the family, not a cutesy little chihuahua. :D

ha...i'm not much of a dog person to begin with, kids are enough to deal with and big dogs smell.

this thing is the epitome of a "lap dog". perhaps it's because she has a cold ("kennel cough") or maybe it's the recent spay/neuter but all she does is curl up on my lap and sleep. she's already house broken and runs right back to the door as soon as she does her business. i hope she gets a little more playful as she gets better. oh well, the kids love her :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Opeth said:
I hope it isn't like the psycho chihuahua my aunt and uncle got. Went to untangle the thing and the little prick tried to bite me, left it there tangled.

Hope you all have luck with it.
this dog, Anna, is so unbelievably calm...almost like a pothed dog :D
my 18 month old has tried several times to "hold" it, nearly squeezing her so hard that her eys bulge and Anna just looks at her and licks her face. her previous owners must have had hyper kids too, she seems used to it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Due to their size, they are always cold, so they will always look for a warm place to curl up. Watch that if you have her outside for a long time and its cold. They really don't handle the cold very well. Dog sweaters are kinda gay but......

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yeah, i noticed that, probably why she runs back inside after taking a leak. i WILL NOT walk a dog that is wearing a sweater, it's tough enough putting up with the pink collar and leash :mumble:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
manimal said:
yeah, i noticed that, probably why she runs back inside after taking a leak. i WILL NOT walk a dog that is wearing a sweater, it's tough enough putting up with the pink collar and leash :mumble:.... until my wife and kids demand that I do.
You posted that a little quick so I finished it for you.