Quantcast

I almost forgot....

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
... how much fun the Wildcat trail is at Green Mountain. :monkeydance:

Me and a buddy went out there this weekend. The climb was a little worse than I remember, but the trail down was better than I remember. Trail conditions were perfect.. and the berms were beautiful.

Here are a couple of pics... sorry about no action shots... too much fun to be had.

Snow at the top

Getting geared up for the chilly ride down

A moment to enjoy the scenery

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Looks like fun, might have to look her up...I am currently looking for new XC / AM rides to tackle.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
It really is a great area. We rode the fireroads up and came down from the Green Mtn Vista on Wildcat. I think it's about 6 miles up and almost 6 miles down. If you want to make a FULL day out of it, you can climb from the Wildcat trailhead side then drop down Gold Creek, climb back up to the summit and come down the Wildcat trail.

Here's a link to a pretty current map - http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/maps/pdf/green_08_full.pdf

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
any chance you have an address I can use to mapquest this place? It looks relavtively close to Everett...and how long did it take you to ride?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
any chance you have an address I can use to mapquest this place? It looks relavtively close to Everett...and how long did it take you to ride?
Just look up Jewell Park, WA on Google Maps. The parking area is a little further to the west on NW Holly Rd.

It took us about 2 hours RT from the parking lot... not a whole lot of stopping, but not going at a breakneck pace either.