Quantcast

i am an idiot

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
well i guess your plan of action should revolve around how big the ticket is. so whats the damage?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
dogwonder said:
Not really an idiot, more like an imbusel...as for the lug nuts, it all depends on which 4 you still have. If it is the delta nut, you're in deep shat.
i do believe "imbecile" is the word you're looking for. :clue:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well its for 86 in a 65 in my moms car :dead: what happened was my moms car is alot smoother at 86 than my truck is so i had no idea i was going that fast as i was about to exit and paying attention to the street signs because it was an area im not familiar with. the rest of the week i had that car i was basically checking the speedometer ever 2 seconds

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Hey 'tardo, sort that ticket out with the 'rents. You gotta get up here and ride yo!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
partsbara said:
speaking of such things... when are you and conon gonna head up to ride downieville ??:)
Good question, I'm Whistler-bound in August, so I don't think I can get up to Downieville 'til Sept. Ciaran?...he's gotta to scare up some coin, but I know he's working on it.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
cool... just gimmie a heads up some i can get the fridge stacked :).... yeah ciaran = conon ... speaking of coin i gotta get myself a job... whistler - you bastid... have fun...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
You need all of your lugs. Your wheel will be off balence and cause the others to strip or come loose.

As for the speeding ticket, it doesnt matter when it happend. Just tell her you got one, if she asks when, say it was today or something.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
It's a speeding ticket. Everyone makes mistakes, and you're not a retard for getting one. You make a mistake, you pay for it, good enough. You learned your lesson (I'm guessing).

As for lugs...go buy a 5th one at autozone or something.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zark said:
Good question, I'm Whistler-bound in August, so I don't think I can get up to Downieville 'til Sept. Ciaran?...he's gotta to scare up some coin, but I know he's working on it.
Since I am not working for the man anymore, I am low on the funds, but that should pick up soon.

Maybe early sept, or maybe late august.

TJ, pay your ticket man! And do you have to tell your mom, or can you just quietly pay it without her knowing?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tell her that someone stole it, went speeding, and you caught them, but the cops thought it was you. She's lucky to have the car at all after all that mess.

As for the lugs, it's best to have all five. My truck has six, so I can miss one and I'm still ok.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Dude, try breaking this to your parents....you got a ticket in another town (for having multiple chicks in the front seat(s) of your car and running a red light because you can't see what is going on (keep in mind your parents love your girlfriend ) and then driving home to the town you lived in and getting another ticket for speeding. (Man, was all of this 15 years ago?? Man I'm old)

A rough evening indeed.....my first two tickets in ONE night...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
Total Heckler said:
You need all of your lugs. Your wheel will be off balence and cause the others to strip or come loose.

As for the speeding ticket, it doesnt matter when it happend. Just tell her you got one, if she asks when, say it was today or something.
yeah i think im jsut gonna do that and hope she doesnt look at the date. the thing is it was her car i was in so shes gonna be way pissed

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
chicodude said:
That sucks hatebunny. Did you about die when you saw those lights behind you....?
yeah i hate that feeling. the worst is when you get a douchebag who pulls you over just cause the front of your cars a little smashed in. i mean i know i dont have a grill but the hood is fastened and all the lights work. and also the one who pulled me over because my trailer ball was blocking one of the numbers on my license plate. but i know those things are just cause im young

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
You lot are lucky across in the states here in the uk everytime you get stopped for speading you get a £60 fine plus 3 points min maybe even more depending on what spead you were going and if you get more than 12 points its goodbye license

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Thats like the US. I had a buddy crash goin 92 in a 35 and get it dismissed for 'faulty equipment.' My advice is hire a lawyer, its worth the $400 or w/e. And then he changed insurance carriers so his premium didn't go up. He could've gotten reckless and street racing. Lucky sob.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Just go to her and fall to her feet and start crying your eyes out. Gasp for breath and try and talk and get it out.

All sorts of things will go thru her mind about what could be wrong. The longer you keep it up the worse the thoughts that will go thru her mind. Then when you finally get it out she'll be relieved.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
lovebunny said:
yeah i hate that feeling.
Since I've been in North Carolina, I've gotten pulled over once for not stopping long enough at a stop sign, and once specifically because he noticed I wasn't wearing my seat belt.

The first case, I came to a complete stop, then proceeded across the intersection. He flipped on his lights and when he got to my window, he proceeded to inform me that I didn't stop long enough, and I was supposed to wait 3 full seconds before proceeding. Oh, and could he search my car?

The second case was JUST the seat belt. No speeding, no wobbly driving. In the middle of the day, doing the speed limit, with 5 or 6 other cars around me, the guy weaves around two vehicles and stops me for my seat belt. The worst part is that I always wear my seat belt :angry:

Anyway, it's just a speeding ticket. She might get mad but she'll get over it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
binary visions said:
Since I've been in North Carolina, I've gotten pulled over once for not stopping long enough at a stop sign, and once specifically because he noticed I wasn't wearing my seat belt.

The first case, I came to a complete stop, then proceeded across the intersection. He flipped on his lights and when he got to my window, he proceeded to inform me that I didn't stop long enough, and I was supposed to wait 3 full seconds before proceeding. Oh, and could he search my car?

The second case was JUST the seat belt. No speeding, no wobbly driving. In the middle of the day, doing the speed limit, with 5 or 6 other cars around me, the guy weaves around two vehicles and stops me for my seat belt. The worst part is that I always wear my seat belt :angry:

Anyway, it's just a speeding ticket. She might get mad but she'll get over it.
Did you get a ticket for not having a seat belt?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
Did you get a ticket for not having a seat belt?
Yes. :mumble:

A hundred freakin' dollars. I was even all nice to the officer, explained respectfully that I always wear it and had just pulled out of the post office. What a waste of resources.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
The last speeding ticket I got was back in 2000 I think..........it wasn't cheap, $170 just for the ticket I think and then traffic school to get that point erased from your record was $20-25 (for online school). Speeding isn't a cheap one!

Just be honest about it. The worst thing you want to do is burn that trust level with your parents. Tell them what you were doing, you realized what was wrong, and go from there. If you Lie to your parents that's the worst thing......especially at your age. Most want to see you have the ability to be honest and tell them whats wrong on your own and not have the notice of the ticket come from the mail-man.

And yes, get a set of 4 spare lugs from Kragen/Pep Boys. They are cheap and you need them all.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Yes. :mumble:

A hundred freakin' dollars. I was even all nice to the officer, explained respectfully that I always wear it and had just pulled out of the post office. What a waste of resources.
What do you mean a waste of resources? That's the easiest $100 the municipality made that day. :D