Quantcast

i am an idiot

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
What do you mean a waste of resources? That's the easiest $100 the municipality made that day. :D
By the time they got done paying that cop to sit there, spend the time pulling me over, spend the dispatcher's time running my license, spend the court clerk's time taking my money and writing me a receipt, along with whatever overhead goes into simply processing the paperwork, I do not see this as a major source of income for the town. Individually, all those things are small. Together, I'm sure it cost at least half of my ticket in overhead.

And I didn't mean a waste of financial resources anyway. I understand stacking a seatbelt ticket onto another traffic offense where you're actually stopping dangerous activity, or stopping someone for a seatbelt during prime drunk driving hours, but at 1:00 in the afternoon, to stop me for no other reason, was just frustrating.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
binary visions said:
By the time they got done paying that cop to sit there, spend the time pulling me over, spend the dispatcher's time running my license, spend the court clerk's time taking my money and writing me a receipt, along with whatever overhead goes into simply processing the paperwork, I do not see this as a major source of income for the town. Individually, all those things are small. Together, I'm sure it cost at least half of my ticket in overhead.

And I didn't mean a waste of financial resources anyway. I understand stacking a seatbelt ticket onto another traffic offense where you're actually stopping dangerous activity, or stopping someone for a seatbelt during prime drunk driving hours, but at 1:00 in the afternoon, to stop me for no other reason, was just frustrating.
They are just trying to keep you from killing yourself. Its their job.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:

Suck it up, Princess! :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
They are just trying to keep you from killing yourself. Its their job.
Meh. I disagree. I would rather see enforcement that keeps me from being a danger to other people.

It's fine. I mean no disrespect towards the police officer, I just disagree with being pulled over for no other reason and with no other reasonable suspicions.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Meh. I disagree. I would rather see enforcement that keeps me from being a danger to other people.

It's fine. I mean no disrespect towards the police officer, I just disagree with being pulled over for no other reason and with no other reasonable suspicions.
He wanted to search your car. Were you dressed like a gangster driving a riced-out Civic?

Suck it up, Princess. :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
binary visions said:

I don't know about no other reason. You sorta look like a low level enforcer for the Russian mob.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
He wanted to search your car. Were you dressed like a gangster driving a riced-out Civic?

Suck it up, Princess. :D
:nonono:

Your reading comprehension is exceptionally bad today. He did not want to search my car. Another guy, with me driving around at 10:00 at night, with no other cars around me, away from the main section of town wanted to search my car.

AND your "suck it up" comments are misdirected. I'm not bemoaning how unfair life is. I'm disagreeing with the policy.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Three months ago, I got two speeding tickets in two weeks- an $80 and an $85er...both *reduced* by the POSifer to "give me a break" from the reckless driving I "should have received". Gimme a break. The first one was legit(I WAS speeding), but the second one was COMPLETE Bravo Sierra. I made the mistake, however, of cresting a hill right behind a car that flew by me at 90mph with two oinkers gunning from the median in the valley below. I politely argued but got the usual "tell it to the judge" response. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.