Quantcast

I am calling in sick

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I was considering the same thing. My fellow engineer has been out all week on his honeymoon. So I have been doing twice the work load. And I don't know all the details about his jobs, so its been even more frustrating trying to figure the job out as I do work on them.

If I don't come in, we have no engineer, so I have to suck it up.

Enjoy your ride.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I called in today, too. I haven't had a day off since the 4th and today is one of the nicest days we've had all month so I said screw it. I'm sitting on the patio having a cup of coffee and lovin' it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
No way, I told the boss straight up, "Hey Boss, its beutiful out today, I have a weeks worth of sickdays, I havent used one in two years........ Whats on the Schedule?" Boss" Nothing, why?" Me" Ok, Im going for a ride, I have teh Mtn bike flu." Bpss.." Hahaha, go for it, See you on monday."

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I've got a sore throat and a ton to do. I wish I could have taken a sick day today...

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I'm working from home today. Day off>work from home> office.

Seems to be good timing too. I got an email from someone at my office and apparently there is a leak in ceiling dripping into the middle of our office.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I cut out at 1.00 today. I've been getting take home work done on the patio of the bar down the street. Self proclaimed mental health halfday.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Must be an epidemic. I called in sick today. I was supposed to take pics of girls in lingerie :biggrin: but it got postponed until tomorrow :(

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
You are my new hero.

You have replaced the guy here that just disappears for 3 hours for lunch and no one questions it....

Awesomeness times Eleventy.
After the week I've had it's a miracle I plan to be back at work on Monday. Technically, with the over time I've put in every day this week I could leave at 1.00. Every now and then my job has perks.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
what the sh*t dirty ? use a sick day tomorrow and dh @ ss with me. get your head out of your a$$ and think !i thought you said you were hurt from riding with the will's? well i hope you had fun playing with the rattlers @ fontucky today.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
what the sh*t dirty ? use a sick day tomorrow and dh @ ss with me. get your head out of your a$$ and think !i thought you said you were hurt from riding with the will's? well i hope you had fun playing with the rattlers @ fontucky today.
Haha, who the hell went to Fontana??? Not me, WAY too hot down there. And who said I was DHing!!!

Well Road ride went well enough, I wanted to go for a Mtn bike ride..... Angelous oaks, with my brother. Well I have a few MORE battle wounds.. My dumbass rode off the side of the trail, at a rather hi rate of speed. bout 30 feet down, tumbled the whole way down, least I didnt take the entire fall.