Quantcast

I am clueless bike mc

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Since I don't know much about fixing stuff on my bike(I have been riding for more thant 10 years and I still don't know shhit!)

What can cause a crick crack noise in my crank. It's not the gears bolts because it makes that sound even on the big gear(one piece with spider) of my xtr crank. Is my BB dead?

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Oooo, could be either your pedals or your BB. Stand over the bike, grab both cranck arms and see if you get any lateral play. Also, check your pedals to see if the spindle is shot, or if you have a cage around the clip (Sim style clip/platforms) see if maybe thats shot.

Just some thoughts.
:monkey:

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
Originally posted by Anders
i just experiemented today and it turns out that my bb is f-cked, not my pedals =(

but theres no play, just terrible creaking. is it ok to ride it?
I wouldn't. I had a similar cracking/creaking coming from my bottom bracket. The cup on the non-drive side had cracked so that only about 1/4" would come out. The only way I saw to remove it was a hammer and screwdriver. It eventually took a thread chaser to fix my frame. I'm not saying this is what your problem is, but bottom brackets are pretty cheap and the labor to replace one shouldn't be too much more.