Quantcast

I am going to be out for a bit longer. Kidney Transplant.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I am trying to be as calm as I can about it because I really don’t want to get myself all worked up about it. I am fully aware of how major of a thing it is. Trust me; the doctors legally have to tell me every time they see me. But I am willing to do this to help possibly save my friends life.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Bad news.

Today on my way to Stanford to check in and whatnot for the transplant tomorrow, I get a call from them. They say there may be an issue with the latets blood test from sunday. They tell me to wait 4 hours and then give them a call.

I call them. They say Amanda's body has developed new antibodies over the last few weeks that would attack the kidney if it were to be transplanted into her. They say there is nothing that can be done by me. They also tell me that this is a VERY rare thing to happen and that is most likely to happen again if she were to find another donor. They said the risk is now too high that it would basically be a waste to try again with a new donor.

I really dont know what to say about everything. I'm bummed there is nothing I can do. I am even more bummed that she is going to have to live how she is now for the rest of her life.

Thanks for everyone who has been sending good vibes through all of this. Keep them coming. Amanda could really use them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's awful. Just remember that you did literally everything in your power to help her. Best wishes to you and her both, she is lucky to have a friend like you.

MTBrder69

Chimp
Dec 27, 2004
Collegeville
BV has it right. definately remember that you did everything that you could to try to help her. everything will work out in the end, just stay positive and keep her positive. good luck to her, and major respect to you for all you have done.