Quantcast

I am Iron Man!

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
One of the coolest nicknames I got while I was in the Army was "Iron Man". Although, the reason I got it wasn't the coolest. While being assigned to Battalion HQ for 6 months, I got really good at ironing my uniform. When I got back to my regular unit, I still ironed like I was at BnHQ..eventually earning the nickname.

So... my trusty Iron has failed. It has been giving signs of emminent failure over the past 3 months and this morning, leaked all over my shirt. 15 years of faithful service [taps plays in background]...

I need an new Iron.... any recommendations?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I picked up a Teflon setup on Clearance at BiMart for like $30 and it is awesome. Having been in the Navy (iron everything), Army OCS (iron even more), and worked full time in HQ as the S3 (ironed X2), I wish I would have bought this rig years ago.

Ultraglide Diffusion Iron
T-fal
FV4259003

* Nonstick iron surface soleplate glides easily over clothes
* Maximum durability and easy cleaning
* 3-Way auto shutoff for safety
* See through water reservoir
* Extended & stable heel

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
good thread, I need a new iron too! My ish is leaking all over my clothes. I just emptied the bugger and use a spray bottle now. What a pita.

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

* Light-touch micro-switch incorporated into the Urethane Handle.
* More reliable and accurate liquid-type temperature control.
* Molded Nomex Heat Shield to protect the operator's hand.
* Rear mounted flush temperature dial to prevent accidental movement.
* One-piece steam chamber and sole plate, which eliminates potential steam leakage.
* Easier cleaning facilitated by bigger opening at the front for access to the chamber.
* Tuffram coated sole.
* Overall excellent balance.
* Iron weight 7 pounds.
http://www.universalsewing.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=1`21790&usscriteria=322.1&usssearchby=header

Only $439

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
^ Damn! That's too much hp for my ironing board. I'd have to get a 4130 configuration as mine is too flexy.