Quantcast

"I am Jesus' tool now"

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
narlus said:
if the misfits had a boring symbol, it's my bet that they would have sold 1/3rd the records they did.

you gotta admit it's catchy:

I hate to admit it, but your right, I never began listening to them because of that, but the skull logo definetley attracts kids to the band.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I'm sure it's just a joke, but even if it wasn't...big deal! I've seen Tool several times, enjoyed them very much and still manage to "love Jesus". You don't have to pattern your life after some dude just because you appreciate his music. "Finding Jesus" doesn't necessarily mean you flip a switch and suddenly become a boring, stodgy conservative sycophant incapable of artistic expression! :confused:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
Well. I suppose it would be pretty much impossible for the band to kick any more ass than they already kicked, so at least he made a bunch of badass tunes before he threw in the towel.
True...sometimes it's better to leave the music industry before you suck. Soundgarden started to suck and they called it quits...sad in one way cuz that means less Chris Cornell time I'm offered, but still...I suppose I can sacrifice that for the good of the other fans.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
gschuette said:
Maynard James Keenan-April 1-He finds God

Yeah ****ing right. Now they are just making excuses for not making a new Tool cd in a timely fashion.

It's better that they not crank out cd's for the sake of cranking out cds, cuz when a band cranks out cds just for the sake of cranking out cds and bein greedy...thats when they start to suck...look at Korn...their first cd was great...then as they gained popularity...they started to crank out the cds and started to blow. Its in my opinion that once a bands singer starts dating models, wearing kilts and getting veneers on their jacked up grills...the music starts going down hill...

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Why is everyone making a big deal out of finding Jesus? I found him a while back and hired him as my gardener.

(Apparently he's from Mexico and pronounces his name like 'Hay-zeus')

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
This happened to an old friend of mine:

http://www.johndavismusic.com/main.php

When he was a kid, he found Jesus and sold all his Dinosaur Jr. records. Then he came back around and started Superdrag. That worked out pretty well for a while. Now he's back to the Jesus again. I have to agree with the drinking part (read the bio). He definately need to quit. He was a bit out of control. I'm really not sure about the marketing. I think he is probably pretty sincere. But then again I haven't seen him for years.

Its not the end of the world.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
I'm sure it's just a joke, but even if it wasn't...big deal! I've seen Tool several times, enjoyed them very much and still manage to "love Jesus". You don't have to pattern your life after some dude just because you appreciate his music. "Finding Jesus" doesn't necessarily mean you flip a switch and suddenly become a boring, stodgy conservative sycophant incapable of artistic expression! :confused:

eh...you have a point there...you provided much entertainment here on rm...but if he's LEAVING tool...then we have a problem.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
dh girlie said:
It's better that they not crank out cd's for the sake of cranking out cds

They have had what? 4years now I think. And yeah cranking out cds does suck just look at APC. I hate their new cd. Anyway all of their cds will be good as long as Danny keeps banging on the bongos. He's a sick drummer!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
gschuette said:
They have had what? 4years now I think. And yeah cranking out cds does suck just look at APC. I hate their new cd. Anyway all of their cds will be good as long as Danny keeps banging on the bongos. He's a sick drummer!

Yeah that new APC cd does suck. Last time I saw them at a festival show (APC) they were really good. But of course it's been a while...before that suckiest of suckest cd's came out.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
So if a fight broke out between Nickelback and Creed, which band would start crying and call a "fight timeout" first?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Lateralus has got to be the most meaningfull song to me. The lyrics are amazing. Sends shivers down my spine, awesoem feeling.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
El Jefe said:
So if a fight broke out between Nickelback and Creed, which band would start crying and call a "fight timeout" first?

That's easy, Silverchair would tag team with Creed, Then nickleback would have to call the time-out because everybody knows Aussies kick ass. Just look at Mel Gibson.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
jdschall said:
This happened to an old friend of mine:

http://www.johndavismusic.com/main.php

When he was a kid, he found Jesus and sold all his Dinosaur Jr. records. Then he came back around and started Superdrag. That worked out pretty well for a while. Now he's back to the Jesus again. I have to agree with the drinking part (read the bio). He definately need to quit. He was a bit out of control. I'm really not sure about the marketing. I think he is probably pretty sincere. But then again I haven't seen him for years.

Its not the end of the world.
I liked Superdrag. I thought they were cool. They played a smoking show. High energy stuff. Good records too. I always wondered what happened to them.....jdcamb

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
So with a quick look to the Tool site, it was an April fools joke...phew... :thumb: They got MTV to fall for it..wonderful. :D