Quantcast

I am jonesing for a MTB ride!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ok, so I get to Denver and the weather sucks for a couple days but now it is freekin' BEAUTIFUL! It's nice outside and I have no bike and no gear. Out of desperation I even spent 2 hours at what has to be the world's largest REI store.... They even have a little MTB trail in front of it to 'test' ride MTB's...

Damn, damn, damn....

:(

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
We did eat some fantastic food at a Moroccan restaurant accross from Denver University last nite named Casablanca.

It was a first for me to eat an entire meal sans silverware. I loved the B'stella Pastry and the LambTagine with Apricots!!!
:drool:

For lunch today we ate at some Mongolian resturant in downtown. It is was good for a chain type place.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Andy_B said:
Awww.. Ha Ha

Its REI. Buy it today, return it tomorrow.
if it was me I would seriously consider this. I try not to abuse the wonderful REI refund policy but I think I would make an exception if I was in your shoes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
N8 said:
We did eat some fantastic food at a Moroccan restaurant accross from Denver University last nite named Casablanca.

It was a first for me to eat an entire meal sans silverware. I loved the B'stella Pastry and the lamb.
There's another ME place called Mataam Fez - dinner served on the floor, all food eaten with the manos, and then belly dancers! :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
N8 said:
Where is that?
Around 38th & Wadsworth. A couple of blocks east of Wadsworth on 38th. There is a Burger King/Safeway/Blockbuster on the corner 38th/Wadsworth.

The Denver REI is an armpit in the summer.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stevew said:
Around 38th & Wadsworth. A couple of blocks east of Wadsworth on 38th. There is a Burger King/Safeway/Blockbuster on the corner 38th/Wadsworth.

The Denver REI is an armpit in the summer.
Is that north of downtown Denver?

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
N8 said:
Ok, so I get to Denver and the weather sucks for a couple days but now it is freekin' BEAUTIFUL! It's nice outside and I have no bike and no gear. Out of desperation I even spent 2 hours at what has to be the world's largest REI store.... They even have a little MTB trail in front of it to 'test' ride MTB's...

Damn, damn, damn....

I know I dont post a lot, but i have been reading threads for a while, and i didnt think you actually rode a bike?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kopiklokoli said:
I know I dont post a lot, but i have been reading threads for a while, and i didnt think you actually rode a bike?
Based on his inference that he would rather post bitching on an internet forum than ride a 26" wheeled bicycle, you may be right.

N8: Get off your bum and go rent a bike. There's a boatload of riding along the front range. Some of it really good. If you have a day to spend, and the divide isn't covered in snow, drive into salida and ride the monarch crest. It would be the best part of your trip, I promise.

Otherwise find white's ranch a little north of denver.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
kidwoo said:
Based on his inference that he would rather post bitching on an internet forum than ride a 26" wheeled bicycle, you may be right.

N8: Get off your bum and go rent a bike. There's a boatload of riding along the front range. Some of it really good. If you have a day to spend, and the divide isn't covered in snow, drive into salida and ride the monarch crest. It would be the best part of your trip, I promise.

My mom has had tests everyday since Monday, but tomorrow is her off day so I am outta here! Nothing worse than sitting around in a hospital waiting room for hours and hours looking at a bunch of ex-smokers in wheel chairs and/or O2 bottles struggling to breathe.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
kidwoo said:
<snip>
N8: Get off your bum and go rent a bike. There's a boatload of riding along the front range. Some of it really good.
I can't think of any that *isn't* really good. ;)
If you have a day to spend, and the divide isn't covered in snow, drive into salida and ride the monarch crest. It would be the best part of your trip, I promise.
Too late - couple feet of snow up there.

White Ranch. White Ranch is good...... :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
N8 said:
hours and hours looking at a bunch of ex-smokers in wheel chairs and/or O2 bottles struggling to breathe.
Sometimes where I worked in Castle Rock I would see them dragging their O2 bottles with them into the gym.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Mmmm....... all good recommendations.

Or Mount Falcon.

Or Deer Creek.

Or the Colorado Trail out of Waterton Canyon.

Or Chimney Gulch

Or.... or........ or............... :thumb:

Shush! There are east coasters reading this.... keep it on the low down.... :sneaky:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Kopiklokoli said:
:thumb: Stepped up and hit that one outta the park.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
N8 said:

Damn, damn, damn....

you should talk to stosh.. try running around trails in the biking position like he does.. he finds it quite fulfilling

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Do it do it do it do it!

For God' Sake ride a bike!

I am stuck in f***ing LA boring flatlands with no place fun to ride..........the least you can do is sneak in a good time while you are there.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hey N8, Friday morning a few of us C-Springs folks from mtbr are going to be doing some trail riding at Palmer Park down here in C-Springs (a bit of a drive but excellent trails especially if you've never ridden it before). Let me know if you're interested, probably meet at about 9ish.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dude, I've spent 3 weeks in Korea and have another weeklong trip to do...I know how you feel. Haven't even had a ride since moving cross-country in July and stopping in Utah to ride with Darryl.

This place would be cool IF I had a bike along. I finally found a 'bike shop' of sorts here, but they don't rent anything. I was crushed.

MD

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Hey N8 - the Miz has apparently given you permission to go visit East Colfax while you're in town. :thumb:
Yes.

Bring back a gift that keeps on giving.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
When to Wheatridge Cycles this morning... while that shop kicks ass and the staff is totally pro 29erz, they do not rent bikes and no test ride without a CO drivers license. :(

Not too sude how I'd get a MTB on my mum's Avalon anyway.

:sigh:

It is such a tease to be this close and no bikey.... :crying:

Gonna be back here in the summer on vacation... yep, yep!