Quantcast

i am looking for a used road bike......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
my buddy is looking for a used road bike. i know this isnt the forum for it but no one ever looks in the "wanted forum"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What size and price range. I have a 56cm Specialized with a brand new warrantied frame I'd like to get rid of.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:rolleyes:

What, is the Lounge your personal buy and sell forum? Why are you exempt from the rules?

This is at least the third thread posted in the Lounge trying to buy, sell or trade a bike.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
:rolleyes:

What, is the Lounge your personal buy and sell forum? Why are you exempt from the rules?

This is at least the third thread posted in the Lounge trying to buy, sell or trade a bike.
this is the second one.

thanks though.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
What size and price range. I have a 56cm Specialized with a brand new warrantied frame I'd like to get rid of.
he is a pretty big guy. i would say about 6'2 or so. something complete for around 500-550.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
First you shuttle, now THIS???

Curse you. :rolleyes: :eviltongu
i know, i am so horrible. I am going to reverse shuttle on my road bike. climb to the top of the hill and drive back down to the bottom.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i know, i am so horrible. I am going to reverse shuttle on my road bike. climb to the top of the hill and drive back down to the bottom.
BAHAHAHAHA!

That should make the world right again. :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am 5'10 with a 30 inch inseam, about what size would i need?i am also looking at getting a road bike and setting it up to commute and just garner miles on and for preperation of my quiting smoking.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
wow at least you are not bringing up stuff from september of last year.... :rolleyes:

also one of those was posted in a sell forum and x-posted to the lounge.
I didn't even check the dates, just copied and pasted a bunch of links from your posting history in the Lounge. The point being that you've posted numerous threads of this nature, this isn't your "second one".

The rest of us are subject to the rules of this forum, which includes not posting ads outside of B&S. This wouldn't have even turned into a discussion if you'd let my first post go as what it was - just a reminder. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

binary visions said:
I didn't even check the dates, just copied and pasted a bunch of links from your posting history in the Lounge. The point being that you've posted numerous threads of this nature, this isn't your "second one".

The rest of us are subject to the rules of this forum, which includes not posting ads outside of B&S. This wouldn't have even turned into a discussion if you'd let my first post go as what it was - just a reminder. :rolleyes:
Good job on knowing the rules. :think:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
caboverpete said:
damn torso boy. Im 5'7" and wear 30 inseam.
More like you are a lanky mofo. I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

FYi... I happen to have a 55 road bike (I bought used) and the seat post is only exposed like 3" maybe. So be careful. You might be better off with a 52/53 or there abouts.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
biggins said:
well my inseam on pants is a 30. so probably more like 32 actual inches.
MEASURING INSEAM:
Take a long, thin book. Cram it up into ya pelvis (wear your typical shorts even) and get the book square with the wall with your feet ~6" apart. Measure from the floor to the top of the book, keeping the measuring device as perpendicular to the floor as possible.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey biggins - Try this one out.

http://www.nucycling.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=315

4 Specialized Allez sport triple, stock build, no pedals, 58cm frame, "carbon" color(i call it grey). Ridden less than 200 miles...and most likely I'm overestimating that. Asking $550, will deliver to boston area, otherwise buyer pays shipping. Also selling a magnetic trainer, used like 3 times. Looking to get around $115. Thanks.

http://home.comcast.net/~seiter/new/JWSweb/images/photos/40.jpg

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=17413#