Quantcast

I am now a college graduate!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i know that this is the second school related thread that i have started in the last two weeks but i am kind of in shock and super excited. i just finished typing up my final exam and i am now officially done with school until i start back for my masters. what a fantastic feeling. i meet with my advisor on thursday to talk about my options for grad school and the probabillty of getting an assistanceship. wish me luck.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Congratulations. If you have the option, do your graduate work now. Everyone advised me to wait a couple years and get some professional work experience under my belt before pursuing my MBA. Well, life happens and I am still almost no closer to securing it. I can honestly say that now my chances are poor until my kids are in school and my wife is back teaching. I'll be the unhip "old guy" of the class by the time I finally get to go back to school.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
llkoolkeg said:
Congratulations. If you have the option, do your graduate work now. Everyone advised me to wait a couple years and get some professional work experience under my belt before pursuing my MBA. Well, life happens and I am still almost no closer to securing it. I can honestly say that now my chances are poor until my kids are in school and my wife is back teaching. I'll be the unhip "old guy" of the class by the time I finally get to go back to school.

if i can get an assitanceship, i plan on starting back to grad school in the fall. i'd like to go for a phd. but i don't think i have it in me.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
llkoolkeg said:
Congrats Laura.

Once again, I find myself saying "LL is right," but my perspective is different: I almost went to work instead of grad school. Some good advice and cheap loans kept me in school. Definitely pursue the assistantship or some other work to support your academic habit, but get more schoolin' while you can.

Now the loans are paid off, and the degree has paid for itself a couple of times.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Congratulations, that's awesome.

Wish I had jumped right into college after HS, but here it is several years later and I'm no closer to my degree than a few classes here and there. I'll be starting next year full time, though! I hope I'll be in your shoes before I know it :D

Good job :thumb: