Quantcast

I am so bored

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Once again, I have zero in my in-box.

I intercepted some emails and it looks like a chain operation might buy the company, which would be awesome in the sense that I might have some job security and better benefits. Not so awesome if my work becomes cookie-cutter.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
You should get one of these.

I'm waiting for a few calls to come in and have very little going otherwise. These little suckers make for some fun on occasion.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I feel you. I am Waiting for a meeting to commence.

Bah, I hate waiting.

On a side note, I got my own business cards, all official and everything.

Lord Opie, what do you do?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You should get one of these.

I'm waiting for a few calls to come in and have very little going otherwise. These little suckers make for some fun on occasion.
Nice!

The last time I made paper airplanes, I was throwing them off of Mt. Evans. I think they flew a 100 miles... they left view around 12,000 feet.

I'm kiding, that's a horrible thing to do, but I did see a couple idiots do that once.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I think I'm soon going to be one of those folks that think evil thoughts about those who have time to complain about being bored at work...

Until I disappear altogether.

Eep.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I feel you. I am Waiting for a meeting to commence.

Bah, I hate waiting.

On a side note, I got my own business cards, all official and everything.

Lord Opie, what do you do?
Graphic design, small business marketing.

Congrats on the cards! Now you can enter for free lunches! :D

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Nice!

The last time I made paper airplanes, I was throwing them off of Mt. Evans. I think they flew a 100 miles... they left view around 12,000 feet.

I'm kiding, that's a horrible thing to do, but I did see a couple idiots do that once.
Haha - I used to throw them from my grandmother's condo when I was a kid. She was on the 12th story at one of the highest points in the area...I swear the good ones would fly half a mile.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think I'm soon going to be one of those folks that think evil thoughts about those who have time to complain about being bored at work...
Sure, it's nice to get paid to surf, but everyday I wonder if the building will be open when I get here.

This business owner owns the building and the other tennant is several months behind rent, so cash flow has gotta be tight.

For example, today is payday and my check is auto-deposited every other Monday at 11:59pm... it's not in my bank acct., nor have I received my pay stub indicating anything. :(

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I am actually peeling old wallpaper right now. doesnt get much more bland. Least I can drink beer though.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
yep, I'm done for the day, just killing time. Of course, it's 70 degrees here and I didn't bring my bike down this week. Man, I'll be glad to be living in just one spot next week.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sure, it's nice to get paid to surf, but everyday I wonder if the building will be open when I get here.

This business owner owns the building and the other tennant is several months behind rent, so cash flow has gotta be tight.

For example, today is payday and my check is auto-deposited every other Monday at 11:59pm... it's not in my bank acct., nor have I received my pay stub indicating anything. :(
Hmmm...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Been doing that too. I actually prefer the sheetrock.
Me too. These days anyway. Most residential drywall is really easy.

I used to hang drywall in commercial buildings for a living. Just hanging board, all day long. 4'x12'x5/8" sheets. 30' high walls. Up to 8 tons of board a day.

Roofers used to say that our job sucked.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Me too. These days anyway. Most residential drywall is really easy.

I used to hang drywall in commercial buildings for a living. Just hanging board, all day long. 4'x12'x5/8" sheets. 30' high walls. Up to 8 tons of board a day.

Roofers used to say that our job sucked.
I like roofing. 'Rocking ceilings is f'ing horrible.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...yeah, ceilings...no thanks, even with a lift. Im just redoing some walls that were paneled before...it's real easy.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I like roofing. 'Rocking ceilings is f'ing horrible.
Rocking two layers of 5/8" board around a furnace enclosure from a scissor lift 30' in the air with a cranked out supervisor is pretty much what made me quit.