Quantcast

i am through with women...........

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Women got you down?

GO RIDE YOUR BIKE OR GO FISHING.

If you want to remain single, don't swear off the women, that just leads to marriage. Trust me on this.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
Women got you down?

GO RIDE YOUR BIKE OR GO FISHING.

If you want to remain single, don't swear off the women, that just leads to marriage. Trust me on this.
He's right. I was single for a looooong time. It was the weekend that I officially swore off women, and then went to an SCA drinking /fighting/camping event. My whole point was to get drunk as possible, fight alot, burp, fart, and generally be a rude, gross man. What happened? I met the future Mrs. Ciaran. Fell madly in love and haven't left her side since.

That's how it happens, man.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
He's right. I was single for a looooong time. It was the weekend that I officially swore off women, and then went to an SCA drinking /fighting/camping event. My whole point was to get drunk as possible, fight alot, burp, fart, and generally be a rude, gross man. What happened? I met the future Mrs. Ciaran. Fell madly in love and haven't left her side since.

I remember going to work one day several years ago totally down, the sweety I was dating didn't seem like she was into me. We stopped seeing each other for awhile.

I was smitten and I didn't even know it.

I remember telling my boss that "women are pure evil, I can't shake her out of my mind, I need to go cold turkey and not date for awhile..."

I married her last month.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
biggins said:
haha jen you rule.

wishy washy wishy washy wishy washy.
That's when you need to tell her to **** or get off the pot...:D ;)

wishy washy is not good...besides, I think you find the best people when you're not looking for them - so your pussabatical will do you some good :)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
SkaredShtles said:
Uh oh.

The Rump Junkie sounds like he's GETTIN' OLD! :p

-S.S.-
Nahh - he's probably just realized that he can pay someone less than what it costs (time/$$/energy) to get a gal for a one night stand...

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Jr_Bullit said:
That's when you need to tell her to **** or get off the pot...:D ;)

wishy washy is not good...besides, I think you find the best people when you're not looking for them - so your pussabatical will do you some good :)
Tis true. I went on an "I ain't lookin' for a man so leave me the f' alone"abbatical about a year and a half ago and decided I was gonna pour my heart & soul into riding. I did that, lost 30 pounds, and had a great time and I created my own happiness without a man. I hung out with the BikeMojo folks, volunteered on trail work days, and just had a whole lotta fun. Then I found Mr. Right when I wasn't even looking. I guess it is easier for women to find men in this circle of MTBR folks, but you just never know where you may meet the right chick. Even so, just ride, have fun, and it'll happen when you least expect it.

You're still young, so keep the faith my friend N ride ride ride.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
sugarNspice said:
<snip>Even so, just ride, have fun, and it'll happen when you least expect it.

You're still young, so keep the faith my friend N ride ride ride.
This is how it happened for me. I was into *me* - riding, backpacking, climbing, skiing, etc. Just doing what *I* liked to do. Minding my own business.

Went with a couple of buddies on a Tahoe ski trip, met a great gal, and here I am, almost 10 years later with her & 3 wonderful kids. :thumb:

-S.S.-

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Ciaran said:

So .... which two are you?
http://www.digitalcrap.com/videos/lightningbolt2.mpeg

:p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BuddhaRoadkill said:
LOL... Nope, that's not us. We don't put padding on our sticks. (buncha sissies!) Grab a wooden closet rod, then wrap it with two - four layers of duct tape in a spiral pattern. Now put on your DH armor. Then find a good strong friend and have him hit you with the now duct taped closet rod as hard as he can. That's what we do. Would you like to join us? I do have extra armor. :p

Edit: you are the second person to show me that video. :think:

J

JRB

bigginsis said:
i guess i will be returning that chick magnet t-shirt i bought you.... :dancing:
You can keep it. While I wasn't sure when I said he wouldn't trade the Yeti, I know he isn't really turning tail on the tail. :thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I can't believe this thread got to page 4 without a wanking joke. The Monkey is a shadow if it's former self. Sad, sad, sad. ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
valve bouncer said:
I can't believe this thread got to page 4 without a wanking joke. The Monkey is a shadow if it's former self. Sad, sad, sad. ;)
well, S.S. did make a "pocket pu$$y" joke... :dead:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
pressley said:
Met who? Open? ... Or am I asking a question I might not want an answer to?
biggins. and, yes, "open" probably has all of those meanings in this case :oink:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
haha awesome new signature ya got there loco.

i will have you know as well that i am working a deal to trade my bike so ya never know i might give up the ladies.

however it would probably be more difficult for the ladies to give me up....

J

JRB

biggins said:
haha awesome new signature ya got there loco.

i will have you know as well that i am working a deal to trade my bike so ya never know i might give up the ladies.

however it would probably be more difficult for the ladies to give me up....
hahaha - I had faith that you could trade the bike. I am not sure I will buy off on the chick thing. Hell, if burly shirley can find a chick, I know you can.

J

JRB

pressley said:
Hey Guys,

I was reading through your posts and I think there's some wisdom in what Mark is saying, but I think there is more to it.

I think sometimes it comes down to wanting what you have, and letting yourself be open to someone else. I think that means really sitting down and getting to know someone, and maybe more importantly, letting someone get to know YOU.

Bars aside, I think you should try and open yourself up more. I think everyone has an interesting story to tell, if you're willing to listen. Maybe the problem has just been that you haven't been willing to go out on that limb. You know ... open up.

There will certainly be some crazy 'moments' along the way. I think sometimes we bring them out in other people, as well as ourselves. It's not science, actually, sometimes I think love is just a few short steps from insanity.

So Biggins, if you need a break, take it. Who knows ... you might actually find what you're looking for.
Bump for the richness of Pressley offering up advice on relationships.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
this isn't the 19 year old you are talking about is it? you might have better luck dating women and not those barely legals. (they are all crazy you know).

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
laura said:
this isn't the 19 year old you are talking about is it? you might have better luck dating women and not those barely legals. (they are all crazy you know).

mmmmmmmm barely legals :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sorry go on.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
laura said:
no way man. that was like so last year

this girl is 27. the other one is 26 and the third one is 23.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
LOOnatic said:
Just because Biggins is playing the field i fail to see why that would be a problem of his own doing?
It's not like dating ='s strict monogamy these days or anything.....
I found out a long time ago that it's easier on all involved to simply stick to one at a time.

Having multiple women is OK in theory, but in a real application it doesn't usually work for anyone.......... unless you don't want to get serious with any of them.

-S.S.-

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
biggins said:
i like to think of it that way but when something is starting between a female and myself i tend to step back and realize how i am changing and sacrifices being made and occaisional bout of vagina induced stupidity and this has led me to the conclusion that i like who i am and what i do and the freedom i enjoy and i'll be damned if i am giving any of it up.
Sounds to me like the problem isn't with the woman/women you date, but with you. Allowing yourself to compromise who you are and what you want for anyone, is a poor decision on your part. You need to grow a backbone and get a little more self esteem. Now, if you're changing because you want to change, then more power to you. But if you're feeling like the changes you make are only for someone else, or that you're not happy with the result, then you're to blame for being to much of a pu$$y to say "no, I'm not comfortable with being like that."

On the surface, taking a break from women may seem like a chance to get in touch with yourself and get back in touch with yourself (literally as well as figuratively :eek: ). But you have to be in the game to learn how to play in the game. You have to learn first hand how not to let yourself get beat down or sacrifice your identity. That doesn't mean you should go out and scout out a girl to date asap, but don't close yourself off from the possibility of falling into something. If/when you do, take time frequently to assess where you are in relation to where and who you want to be. If you're straying from that ideal, you can recognize and correct the problem or get out of the relationship early on before you lose your identity or become unhappy. If you're finding your needs and wants are being met, or those things that are important to you are changing naturally, well then, maybe you've found the right girl for you. Good luck. Oh yeah, and in the meantime, lining up a couple of steady booty-call girls never hurts.

These words brought to you by Dr PhilJefe.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
LOOnatic said:
Just because Biggins is playing the field i fail to see why that would be a problem of his own doing?
It's not like dating ='s strict monogamy these days or anything.....
exactly besides you have to play the rule of 3 anyway. In order to get 1 good woman, you need to date 3 and hopefully 1 will make the cut.

SkaredShtles said:
I found out a long time ago that it's easier on all involved to simply stick to one at a time.

Having multiple women is OK in theory, but in a real application it doesn't usually work for anyone.......... unless you don't want to get serious with any of them.

-S.S.-
Hmmhh?
I have found the opposite to be true.
Considering that females are a devious species whenever i have had more than 1 interest than that has always seemed to make me more attractive to female #2.
Like my market value goes up because i have other pursuits.
That works great until one of the 2 really wants to get serious.

On the flip side, whenever i'm dog single and in dire need of female companionship then females are repulsed by my "singleness".
Simply adding a female friend to the mix suddenly invigorates said female. :confused: :confused: :confused:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
LOOnatic said:
On the flip side, whenever i'm dog single and in dire need of female companionship then females are repulsed by my "singleness".
Simply adding a female friend to the mix suddenly invigorates said female. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Or move in with your RM buddy that has a female roommate that your RM buddy from Florida introduced you too :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LOOnatic said:
Hmmhh?
Considering that females are a devious species whenever i have had more than 1 interest than that has always seemed to make me more attractive to female #2.

It is true.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
LOOnatic said:
Hmmhh?
Yeah. But who the hell wants a woman (on any sort of "long-term" basis) motivated by *that*? :confused:

You can pretty much do whatever if you're not interested in getting serious. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. But who the hell wants a woman (on any sort of "long-term" basis) motivated by *that*? :confused:

-S.S.-
My theory is that even the "good" ones are still operating on that principle.

In other words: any decent woman has guys on her tip all the time.
It takes a guy operating on the same level for her to see him as her equal and worth while.
It's subtle but it's definitely there.

Not all females are in that category but most IMO. Heck, most are and aren't able to admit it! :nopity:

Westy knows what i'm talkin bout.........
ElJefe, LLkoolkeg where are you guys to back me up?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
LOOnatic said:

It takes a guy operating on the same level for her to see him as her equal and worth while.

Not all females are in that category but most IMO. Heck, most are and aren't able to admit it! :nopity:

<shrug> You're probably right. Glad I found one that's not in that category when I was 25. Sounds like it saved me a lot of "trouble." :D

-S.S.-

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
LOOnatic said:

SOOOOOOO true....

In addition to the they want more what they cant have easily.

Example... the other week I am talking to this good looking woman, we start talking bla bla bla, what do you do etc etc. I mention my dog, she says she is allergic, kidding (at the time, but it is very true) I say o then there is no point in me talking to you since it isnt going to go anywhere. Almost IMMEDIATELY she ups her interest level 10 fold.

Stupid chics

I like them. :confused: