Quantcast

I am tired of pain..... not that pain from injuries

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So back in June..... Had some sever abdominal pain. just below the ribs, to the right of the sternum about an inch. Bad enough I couldnt stand or move. Ended up in the ER, and at the time Doc said I had polyps inside my Gallbladder. Ok, sent me to general surgery for a consult. Surgeon says, " Ok, you could be just fine, and we will do a sonogram every year to see what the polyps are doing, you could also have a condition called Bilinary Disconesion<sp> So He ordered a test for that last one.
Two hour loing test. No eating for six hours or something stupid like that. Made me radio active, then forced the gall bladder to contract.... Well I was told the test was normal.
So.... Surgeon gave me some meds to control the pain in the area. Diet was already good so no changes needed there. But every once and awhile, I get hit with the same pain..... Its not lasting like it did back in june, were it built up over about a week, but it hits and just floors me. Last anywere between five to ten minutes give or take. Then I have a wonderfull knot in my guts for the next couple hours, and a horrible taste in the back of my mouth.

Well, Yesterday it happened again, and it was bad enough to have me throwing up the next five hours.

So I called my doctor, made yet another appointment, bloodwork monday morning, results wed morning.

Here is the part that is different and a bit scary at the same time. Anyone who knows me, knows I can put it down when it comes to drinking. After the puking was done, I felt good enough to still go night fishing for a few hours. Ok , supply list...poles, tackle box, beer, fire wood.

So, set up, start a fire... grab a beer. Ok dropped it a bit fast, little buzzed started. Grabbed number two.... nurse it a bit, but about 20 minutes after I finish it, I stand up to grab a pole getting hit, and damn...I am completly ****faced, I mean Beyond ****faced. Ok, maybe its just hitting me weird tonight....Four and a half hours alter, I am still every bit, if not more drunk.
This is not normal for me in any way. got home, room spinning, throwing up ETC..... Not dehydrated, no headache when I woke up... no hangover in anyways. Today, had a few random buzz feeling moments......

So to the collective internet doctors of RM..... Any idea's? I called the Doctor, told me since its worn off to keep the appointments I already have set up, and she would do some more tests, but looking for anything I might or should be prepared for. Or maybe I am just freakingout a bit, and just need to chill. I will update when I know more....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
massive vomiting, spins, disorientation

my guess is that it could be inner ear, or neurological. hate to say it but those are some of the symptoms of an MS attack. I have watched my wife go through that, its not fun. perhaps an MRI is in order.

but you dumb ass, next time you go through something like that get your ass to the ER
either by buddy or by ambulance [smarter choice]

JLiFOTO

Chimp
Jul 30, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
sounds like fluid, acidic waste, or alcohol is backflowing through the cystic duct back into your gallbladder...Since the liver processes the alcohol in a person's body, maybe the alcohol is somehow getting into your polyps, where it is getting into your bloodstream without being filtered by the liver first?

I'm a pre-medical student...just taking a educated guess though.

hope ya get better.

JLiFOTO

Chimp
Jul 30, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
another thing, does it hurt more after eating?

if so, it probably is the bile backing up into the gallbladder. Normally, the bile is supposed to by pumped into the liver then into the duodenum of the small intestine, where it can emulsify fats and such...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
another thing, does it hurt more after eating?

if so, it probably is the bile backing up into the gallbladder. Normally, the bile is supposed to by pumped into the liver then into the duodenum of the small intestine, where it can emulsify fats and such...
As far as the pain goes...... its completly random. Eat, dont eat, eat healthy almost grease free, eat pizza chicago style...doesnt seem to make much of a difference. Basically Both doctors told me the same thing, nothing showing on the tests, at the time they are taken. The surgeon told me prety well flat out, either wait till we see it with something, or when it gets frequent enough, we will just take it out, but at this time your a little young to go that route yet.

No evidence of stones, liver count has always been normal when blood is drawn, ETC ETC.

The extreme effect of alcohol scares me though. As far as teh gall bladder goes, I will probably jsut tell them enough pain is enough... lets do this already. But I need to find out whats up with the other.

Thank you much for the info so far guys.

JLiFOTO

Chimp
Jul 30, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
no problem man,

another thought, since a polyp is essentially a "form of "tumor", there will be a abundance of blood vessels nourishing the polyp. If the liver is producing toxic bile, the bile might backflow through the cyctic duct and the bile might be absorbed by the blood vessels of the polyp, and get into the bloodstream....

just a guess...not too sure how plausible that scenario is though...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Anyone who knows me, knows I can put it down when it comes to drinking. After the puking was done, I felt good enough to still go night fishing for a few hours. Ok , supply list...poles, tackle box, beer, fire wood.

So, set up, start a fire... grab a beer. Ok dropped it a bit fast, little buzzed started. Grabbed number two.... nurse it a bit, but about 20 minutes after I finish it, I stand up to grab a pole getting hit, and damn...I am completly ****faced, I mean Beyond ****faced. Ok, maybe its just hitting me weird tonight....Four and a half hours alter, I am still every bit, if not more drunk.
This is not normal for me in any way. got home, room spinning, throwing up ETC..... Not dehydrated, no headache when I woke up... no hangover in anyways. Today, had a few random buzz feeling moments......
:think:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah, Yeah. I see what your thinking.... My size, two beers, an hours time..... Shouldnt even notice it. It wasnt like I didnt eat buz, had a nice dinner before I left. It was actually a scary feeling, wasnt a different beer, wasnt something that was non pasturized or anything like that..just plain ol Sam Adams White ale. It was def not normal reaction. Doctor is concerned about it as well.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Are you having any anxiety regarding your health condition? In my limited medical experiences, sometimes that's worse than the condition itself.

Regardless I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you should just get that sucker removed. My mom did it many years ago and she's fine.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Are you having any anxiety regarding your health condition? In my limited medical experiences, sometimes that's worse than the condition itself.

Regardless I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you should just get that sucker removed. My mom did it many years ago and she's fine.
Actually yeah, Because its getting worse. Another yes, unless the doctor comes up with something definitive, I will just be straight asking for it to be done and gone with. Its already een confirmed were the pain is coming from, but they are just being a bit reluctant to take it out yet....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Saw the doc today.

Gall Bladder is working about half of what is it supposed to<previous scan> Liver function is low, Pancreas is low. Belief at this time is that it is related to the Gall bladder, Getting more tests next weds, and should be going straight to the surgeon after testing from there.

No drinking, dipping, greasy food, fast food ETC. Life kinda sucks right now.