Quantcast

I ate this the other day

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
So a couple weekends ago it was lunchtime and I was hungry, so I dug through the fridge to find something to eat. Three food items that stuck out were hotdogs, ground beef (to make burgers), and bacon. Then I thought back to that picture of the hamdog, and decided to whip one up with what I had available. Here is the result of that effort. Hamburger, hotdog, bacon, cheese, onions, ketchup, and mustard crammed onto a hotdog bun. I thought it was pretty good, but it definitely left me in that grease induced semi-comatose state for the next hour. I also made one for my roommate, who had just woke up, and he said it was "too much" and probably wouldn't require one ever again.

Attachments

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the rep! cdalejunky, I can only imagine how much more delicious it would be if I was drunk! Those chili dogs look good too. If I were to make my hamdog again I would be sure to get some chili to top it off with.

edit - When I cooked it, I wrapped the hotdog-burger-bacon in tinfoil and grilled it, which means the bacon grease stayed inside to penetrate all meats. Then I unwrapped it and grilled it for a couple minutes just to brown the outside.

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
+r not bad. We're doing grocery tonight so I'm going to pick up some dogs with your creation in mind.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
man if i watched a dominican crack whore schat that i'd still eat it.

off the bottom of his feet even

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
So a couple weekends ago it was lunchtime and I was hungry, so I dug through the fridge to find something to eat. Three food items that stuck out were hotdogs, ground beef (to make burgers), and bacon. Then I thought back to that picture of the hamdog, and decided to whip one up with what I had available. Here is the result of that effort. Hamburger, hotdog, bacon, cheese, onions, ketchup, and mustard crammed onto a hotdog bun. I thought it was pretty good, but it definitely left me in that grease induced semi-comatose state for the next hour. I also made one for my roommate, who had just woke up, and he said it was "too much" and probably wouldn't require one ever again.

You are my hero.

So I took the plunge and made some for two of the shop guys and myself tonight, which we enjoyed while watching old NSX videos.

I mixed minced onion, fresh parsley and chopped chilis into the ground beef, then mushed it around the dogs. Put them in big hoagie buns with lettuce, sauerkraut, mustard, relish, etc. It was a good situation.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
had to go to boston to get it this past wknd, but it was worth it:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i always pan seared it in an iron skillet in its own juices (ok, fat), but it was baked this last time. there's really not that much difference once you burn it, which is the proper preparation.

then, you put on butter & syrup. my friend - a fellow life long scrapple consumer - used ketchup, which is so bourgeois

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
So I took the plunge and made some for two of the shop guys and myself tonight, which we enjoyed while watching old NSX videos.

I mixed minced onion, fresh parsley and chopped chilis into the ground beef, then mushed it around the dogs. Put them in big hoagie buns with lettuce, sauerkraut, mustard, relish, etc. It was a good situation.
Sounds good, I'll keep that in mind if I ever make them again.