Quantcast

I Beam post work with dropper?

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Just bought myself a Kona Process after a roughly 10 year hiatus from riding. Super psyched to get back into it but man have things changed. This bike rides like my old Sunday used to but also climbs super well. Nuts.

I want to switch out the factory seat/post for an SDG I Beam set up. Can someone explain how this would all work with my dropper post that came on the bike? Would I need a whole new dropper post or can I simply use the sdg post in place of the factory one? As far as sizing goes I’m assuming the diameter listed on Kona’s website is for the outer post that goes into the frame? Couldn’t find specs on the inner post so I’m not sure which size I would need. This is all new to me and a quick search of the forum didn’t turn up any info.

Thanks!

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Even SDGs Tellis dropper is standard rails. I don't think anyone makes an I Beam compatible dropper post(maybe the old KS supernatural..)

Ride what you have and shredz?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
sdg i beams are for dh bikes,
use rails and the dropper,
if your skeptical about droppers, ride it for like 10 mins and youll hate every bike that doesnt have one for the rest of your life.
specalized phenom FTW

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
sdg i beams are for dh bikes,
use rails and the dropper,
if your skeptical about droppers, ride it for like 10 mins and youll hate every bike that doesnt have one for the rest of your life.
specalized phenom FTW
I have the dropper post now and it’s awesome, definitely do not want to give that up. I was only asking because back in the day I was always partial to the I beam set up. I had a few and just liked the way they looked. Since that’s no longer an option, I’ve been on the hunt for a camo/cow or tiger print bel air with standard rails but having trouble finding one. I understand they probably haven’t been produced in quite some time but any leads toward one would be greatly appreciated!