Quantcast

I blame HAB.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe they'll give you 60K on trade in?
Homeboy at the rally said he got over $250k on trade for his Ferrari when he traded it for his 2011 ZR1. He had full custom (and I mean FULL CUSTOM) interior in his Vette and said he still was in the black on the deal. He also said he wouldn't give it back for anything.

I like the yellow better. But my penis isn't small enough to require red.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
There was a nice Vette we saw on Sunday. I'm sure the owner would work something out with JD. Think moar flares....and Stingray. Mind blown.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There was a nice Vette we saw on Sunday. I'm sure the owner would work something out with JD. Think moar flares.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah it was verging on Xzibit "yo dawg I head you like flares..." territory.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It was indeed candy metal flake red. Even better was that there was an un-fvcked with Stingray on the other side of the parking lot, just to serve as a reminder of how much worse that abomination looked.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Before Joe bought his 2005 C6, I got a text "350z or C6?". He had a 350Z before and sold it when his lady got pregnant. When it came time to get another "fun" car, he was looking at a 350Z until the '05 C6 showed up on CL. He ended up getting it for $15k will 90k miles (all I5 miles).

After I drove Joe's, I bought my POS. :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Wait wait wait... That white C4 is yours? Awesome. Moar pics please. How the fvck did I miss that?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I read the Mustang post pre-edit and thought the C4 was a follow up joke to calling all Mustangs turds. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At the T-Hills show.

At the Rose City Corvette Classic

Monday approved sits.

The interior of the '92+ is so much nicer than the digital garbage, too.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And yes, I bought it to cut up for the truck and after it's all said and done, I have decided to cut it a little. :rofl:

After looking at options, I think I am going to pull at least the motor for the truck. The LT1 is a pretty good motor, but the LS is much better. The LS2 is about 200lbs less in crate form, take out the supporting hardware and the LS ends up being nearly 300lbs lighter.

What does that mean? Well, a C4 is 3200lbs roughly with a 53/47 front to rear weight distribution. Take out the iron block LT1 for the all aluminum LS2 and you have 100+ more HP in a 2900# package with shorter wheelbase and near 50/50 weight distribution.

I watched slightly modified C4's out lap C5's and C6's at the autocross due to better wheelbase. Add the power of the C5/C6 to the already sweet C4 suspension and you have a winner.

I am either keeping the 4L60E trans in the Vette, or putting in the T56. If I keep the 4L60E, I will be doing a shift kit with paddles for fun.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And yes, the Vette is an auto (shame, I know). I got an incredible deal on it and the auto would have been perfect for the truck. But I shift the hell out of it and the auto is nice for my old lazy ass. The bitch still scoots!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I told them I found a 2011 yellow GS for $42k and would likely go that route. :rofl:

I looked at this on my birthday last year.

2011 GS that was on sale for $47k new. Not a bad deal and still cheaper than a Camaro.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I tried to talk Joe into pulling up in his C6 to test drive it since I'm sure they put some gas in it now. He said he was busy "working", jackass. :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well sounds like he isn't using the C6 then. You clearly need to borrow it for a while.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well sounds like he isn't using the C6 then. You clearly need to borrow it for a while.
It was less than a month after driving his that I bought mine. While not quite as nice, mine isn't far off from his on the street. He'll pull away in the straights, but that's about it. I am thinking about using the C6 seats in mine eventually.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It seemed odd because I thought it would be Left = Up, Right = Down but I saw the little plus sign.

After a few tries, it was actually bad ass. I never tried either/or, just used the right side and it was bad ass.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And the steering wheel is still the worst part of the Corvette.

Homeboy with the red ZR1 with full custom interior had the proper wheel.

He said he had just over $100k into the interior. Everything but the top of the dash was changed.

<edit> The diamond tuck center was a nice touch. Gave it a race car feel.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I honestly don't want to know what he spent on the seats alone. They were Recaro's that a company in Canada refit with the Corvette electronics including the heat and cool functions. Then stitched the ZR1 logo into the headrest like the stock seats. It was insane. When I say the entire interior but the top of the dash, I wasn't kidding. But he paid a shop to do the work, so I would guess at least half the bill was labor.

He said he could spend about $50k more on the car and still have money left from the trade in, but it was just the way he wanted. The only changes to the outside were the carbon mirrors, carbon rear fin, and carbon door handle thing (whatever you call the part of the door you put your hand on a corvette, there isn't a handle).

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It seemed odd because I thought it would be Left = Up, Right = Down but I saw the little plus sign.

After a few tries, it was actually bad ass. I never tried either/or, just used the right side and it was bad ass.
I obviously haven't tried it, but that seems counter intuitive as fvck.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I obviously haven't tried it, but that seems counter intuitive as fvck.
The first few times I hit the left, then right and both down shifted and I was all sorts of confused. The shifts were wicked tight, though. After finding a wheel on ebay for $100 WITH paddles, I am tempted to see what it will take to mod the clock spring and make it work for the 4L60E with shift controller.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Huh. The only two cars I've driven with paddles were an Impreza rental car, and a Volvo my mom had me test drive for her. Both were left up, right down, which was okay. I could probably get used to that Corvette arrangement too, but I'm having a hard time picturing why anyone would decide that's the best way to do it. But I'm probably over thinking it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The plus side I see is that it's either hand vs both hands. I like to drive either with the left on top and right on shifter, or right on top if I am just playing around and not shifting. With this setup I an drive this my right hand only or left hand only and still shift +/-.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sure. I do that too, but I've also never owned an auto car, so I'm used to having to shift all the time. In the Subie, which I had for 4 days and drove quite a bit, I was happy driving two handed when I was being aggressive enough to bother with the paddles. The rest of the time I'd just leave it in auto and drive one handed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In the Vette, it is no different in manual mode until you hit the paddle. You could be cruising, shift it to manual and just keep cruising all day, but as soon as you touch a paddle, the HUD shows a box in the lower right with the gear selected.

I honestly didn't like the feeling of 2 hands. The Vette is the first auto I've had in a while and my old ass is getting teh lazy.

Not sure if the shifter in my Vette is broken, but I can shift from 2 to 1 without pushing the button. The only other auto I had was a ratchet shifter.