Quantcast

I bought a Keystone pass....

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I broke down and bought a Keystone Pass.

Anyone else interested in carpooling up for some DH fun on Friday afternoons (or any afternoon) post here. I can get there from Golden (where I live) in about an hour. I'm only good for about 4 or 5 runs. We'd be back by 5:30 or so.

Just post here if you're interested in ripping it up on the week days. I hate riding on the weekends, to many tourons.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I'm down. Not this week though. Unfortunately, I'm broke down.
I have managed to destroy my Fox Vanilla RC and sent it in to get "PUSHed"
Should be back by next thursday afternoon. I will be ready the next day for a friday ride.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Ascentrek, it was nice to meet you last friday at keystone, even for a brief moment. Dowend and I had a great day of riding.
May I ask how you have such a flexible riding schedule? Do you work nights or something?

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Renegade,
It was nice to meet you guys too.
I was the guy on the Black Azonic Eliminator.
Thats a nice Yeti you got there.
Let's hook up for more rides in the future.
-Billy

IronDonkey

Chimp
Jun 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
Hey guys
I live pretty close to Keystone and ride there 3-4 days a week. I work from 2-10 so I usually have to bail out by 1, but most days I have enough time to get 2-3 runs in. Next time you come up shoot me a PM.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
bpatterson6 said:
I'm down. Not this week though. Unfortunately, I'm broke down.
I have managed to destroy my Fox Vanilla RC and sent it in to get "PUSHed"
Should be back by next thursday afternoon. I will be ready the next day for a friday ride.
Bummer about the fox. You should look into the 5th Element... although probably isn't needed for you rig. Let me know when you get going and we'll plan a day.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Renegade said:
Ascentrek, it was nice to meet you last friday at keystone, even for a brief moment. Dowend and I had a great day of riding.
May I ask how you have such a flexible riding schedule? Do you work nights or something?

haa haa... I'm the biggest yuppie around! I work in sales, so I try to get all my work done in the earlier part of the week, and go play on a friday. As long as I have a cell phone, I'm working! ...even from the lifts. :thumb:

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Ascentrek said:
haa haa... I'm the biggest yuppie around! I work in sales, so I try to get all my work done in the earlier part of the week, and go play on a friday. As long as I have a cell phone, I'm working! ...even from the lifts. :thumb:
I can see it now; here I come riding down the trail and there you are, pulled over to the side of the trail yakking into your cell phone schmoozing up a customer.......good thing you warned me :) , I would have taken you for yuppie scum :drool: or worse, a touron!

Just kidding, of course!

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Renegade said:
I can see it now; here I come riding down the trail and there you are, pulled over to the side of the trail yakking into your cell phone schmoozing up a customer.......good thing you warned me :) , I would have taken you for yuppie scum :drool: or worse, a touron!

Just kidding, of course!
Haa haa.... This is why Voice Mail was invented. I let most calls go to VM. I can always pick up a conversation when i'm ready.... i.e. on the lifts.

I've written countless posts (beyond bike riding, and way back before there was web) about people complaining about yuppies. Deal is, 90% of the population is yuppie, only 10% admit it. I'm probably the most unorthodox high-rise, client claiming business guy out there. Most of my clients talk about football, or golf... I sit there like a dog with his head tilted... haa haa

One thing about cell phones... At least I'm making money AND riding down hill at the same time... that's hard to do with other jobs (unless you're a pro).

enough, lets ride!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I would have gone with the 5th, but It doesnt fit my frame!!:mumble:
So instead of spending 750.00 for a New Avalanche Shock and Titanium Spring, or the same amount for a New Romic with a Titanium Spring, I spent 172.50 with shipping and had it rebuilt or "PUSHed" as some call it and added a New Titanium Spring for 233.57 with shipping. So total I spent 406.07, and From What I hear it should be every bit as sweet as a 5th or any high end shock when completed according to things others have had to say about PUSH Industries Work. I hear Push is the hot new deal in shocks. One can only hope it lives up to it's hype. They Ask certain questions before you send your shock in for service about the Type of shock your sending in, weight with full gear on, the Make/Model/Year of frame you Ride and your Riding Style such as FR/DH etc. It is all custom fitted for the rider. Should be sweet! :thumb:
www.pushindustries.com

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Billy, out of tragedy often comes good things; in this case, an opportunity to upgrade your ride. :thumb: I'd like to hear what you think about it once you get your shock back and get a little evaluation time in.