Quantcast

I bought a training boat!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
bayliners ar usually not too expensive, 18 ft?

I used to have a Seaswirl thats very similar looking to yours, except it was an outboard
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,761
182
NORCAL is the hizzle
That is pretty sweet Brian congrats. I rented something very similar to that at Tahoe a couple weeks ago, it was my first time in a boat out on the lake and it was way fun. Enjoy.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
boat
Pronunciation: 'bOt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English boot, from Old English bAt; akin to Old Norse beit boat


1: a hole in the water into which man pours money
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,659
26
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
boat
Pronunciation: 'bOt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English boot, from Old English bAt; akin to Old Norse beit boat


1: a hole in the water into which man pours money
so don't complain about the cost of million dollar bay-area housing. :oink: :nopity: :D
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
Congrats on the new toy!!! One of my good buddies heads up the Naval Arch department over there.....he's got one tough job some days let me tell you....spending all day out on the water testing different hulls and engine configurations....wait....why did I switch industries again??

They really are the best bang for the buck in the industry though....other companies just don't pump out the volume they do to be able to price 'em as cheap.

Got the water skis yet?
 

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
565
0
Melrose MA
my dad is getting into the boat restoration thing. he recently bought some early 80s late 70s boat which is aboot 20-22 feet for a couple grand. he was telling me that other than the engine and new electronics its virtually the same thing that they are selling now (dont know the name of the manu) he went out and bought a new engine which puts out more power than said new boat and is rewiring it with new electronics/electrical/nav stuff. Old boat $2k + couple hundy in work > new boat for $48k
 

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
31,464
36
Bay Area, California
Velocity Girl said:
Congrats on the new toy!!! One of my good buddies heads up the Naval Arch department over there.....he's got one tough job some days let me tell you....spending all day out on the water testing different hulls and engine configurations....wait....why did I switch industries again??

They really are the best bang for the buck in the industry though....other companies just don't pump out the volume they do to be able to price 'em as cheap.

Got the water skis yet?
I'm looking for a wakeboard, however it came with some tubes, vests, ropes for the kids, and I still have my old kneeboard from many years ago.
 

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
31,464
36
Bay Area, California
OGRipper said:
That is pretty sweet Brian congrats. I rented something very similar to that at Tahoe a couple weeks ago, it was my first time in a boat out on the lake and it was way fun. Enjoy.
We were in Tahoe all last week, and had it up there :thumb:
 

OGRipper

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2004
9,761
182
NORCAL is the hizzle
Acadian said:
you had it up on rocks yeah :devil:

You might need to upgrade to Avalance dampers to plow over those rocks ;)
Haha, nice. Funny thing, I put my rental into the sand near the Tahoe Keys marina. I swear I was inside the buoys... :eek: ...but it was all ok. I'm actually a decent boat driver. Man it's fun launching wakes and scaring your friends with tight turns...