Quantcast

I bought myself a new toy....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
WSU DH'er said:
Ya I know they aren't too bad... however I just had to sell bikes to pay rent... so is the life of a student
Yeah I rode what I had in college ('89 YZ250WR) (college years 93-97) then sold it my senior year.

Had a Warmed over XC FS rig MTB for all mountain duty and bought a DH bike after being in the workforce for awhile.

Don't over extend yourself with toys in college. :) beleive it or not there is time for that later.

Rhino

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
wheelchaser said:
Who do you think made those trails? Who do you think maintains them?
A lot of groups help maintain Taneum.

Oh and Skookum. You really need to ride out in the boon docks out there(Taneum)....there are some NICE trails where the bulk of people don't get to. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
RhinofromWA said:
Oh and Skookum. You really need to ride out in the boon docks out there(Taneum)....there are some NICE trails where the bulk of people don't get to. :D
i've probably been to a few, although i gotta admit i don't make it out there as much since i'm all over the place in the summer.

Did you know you can ride Taneum over to Greenwater (up the road from Enumclaw on 410) if you were so inclined? You'd need a DS to use a few forest roads though.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Skookum said:
i've probably been to a few, although i gotta admit i don't make it out there as much since i'm all over the place in the summer.

Did you know you can ride Taneum over to Greenwater (up the road from Enumclaw on 410) if you were so inclined? You'd need a DS to use a few forest roads though.
15 years or so ago I made it dang near to hwy 495(I think?) Chinook Pass. But with a moto tank (~2gallons) and quart bottles of premix taped to your number plate and in your fanny pack only get you so far. :D

But yeah a DS (street legal dirt bike) and a big tank would be the ticket

wheelchaser

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
Renton, Wa
RhinofromWA said:
A lot of groups help maintain Taneum.

Have you ever seen the mini ex and the trail crews working out there? Where do you think the money to pay for all that comes from?
I am jaded from getting attitude from user groups with anti-access views and agendas. While I'm at it those of you who think the WTA is your friend are misguided. One of their main objectives is to eliminate access to all wheeled user groups. Ever hear of Wilderness Designation? This mean no mechanized vehicles which includes mtn bikes. They want the woods all to themselves, motorcycles are too loud mtn bikes are too quiet.

Oh yah did I mention how sweet your new bike looks?:thumb:

Ride On

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
wheelchaser said:
Have you ever seen the mini ex and the trail crews working out there? Where do you think the money to pay for all that comes from?
I am jaded from getting attitude from user groups with anti-access views and agendas. While I'm at it those of you who think the WTA is your friend are misguided. One of their main objectives is to eliminate access to all wheeled user groups. Ever hear of Wilderness Designation? This mean no mechanized vehicles which includes mtn bikes. They want the woods all to themselves, motorcycles are too loud mtn bikes are too quiet.

Oh yah did I mention how sweet your new bike looks?:thumb:

Ride On
True, the maintenance $$$ is funded by motoriders/Jeepers/etc $$$, but the sweat equity is spread shared by many.

Check your PM's ;)

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
RhinofromWA said:
Ring-a-ding-ding

:drool:

It has been a long time coming....

It was used, but still is in this condition (99% new.) :thumb:
Nice bike. Looks brand new, what year? I got a 01 CR250 let me know if you want to go riding.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Langer said:
Nice bike. Looks brand new, what year? I got a 01 CR250 let me know if you want to go riding.
It is an '04 RM 250. :thumb:

You race (hairscrambles/woods)? My club is putting on a Grand Prix out at Pacific Raceways (Old SIR) Feb 3rd. MX track, Pavement, Woods, clear cut, grass track....really a fun event. Short course (time-wise) is about 1.5 hours of racing.

Flyer:
http://stumpjumpers.org/FrostBite-06.htm

Pics of the last Frostbite GP:
http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/978246

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
RhinofromWA said:
It is an '04 RM 250. :thumb:

You race (hairscrambles/woods)? My club is putting on a Grand Prix out at Pacific Raceways (Old SIR) Feb 3rd. MX track, Pavement, Woods, clear cut, grass track....really a fun event. Short course (time-wise) is about 1.5 hours of racing.
I'll ride anything. I'll let you know if I go to the harescramble. Since I havent ridden in 4 months, I wouldnt mind doing a ripper down in Belfair before. A buddy that I ride with just ripped his shoulder up skiing so I dont know if I'll go.