Quantcast

I bought myself some holiday gifts!

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
I bought myself a couple gifts for the holiday. Some nice new Fly cranks and Pedals. The cranks are 8g lighter than my Ti spindle/hardware Profiles and SOOO much stiffer. The pedals are the grippiest things I have ever ridden and barely weigh more than my older Wellgo MG-1 platforms. Enjoy!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice. Fly is coming out with some ridiculously cool stuff.

Those are indeed the Reubens.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
one thing, make sure everything is tight, otherwise you get about 1/2 inch of play, just screw the ?spindle? bolt down and it should cure it

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
He's saying to make sure the bolt on the spindle of the pedal is tight so there's no play between it and the body.

It took me a few tries.
Ah, got it. Yeah, I checked torque on everything out of the box, etc. I even replaced the 4 main screws on each side with regular socket head cap screws instead of the flat head screws they oddly came with. Weird, b/c there is a counterbore specifically for a socket head cap screw and not a flat head screw. Oh well, all fixed now.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I actually just built my new 20" as the christmas present to myself. I'm running a certain 2-piece Odyssey crank that is awesome.:cheers:

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
I actually just built my new 20" as the christmas present to myself. I'm running a certain 2-piece Odyssey crank that is awesome.:cheers:
the hex fitting scares me. and these are lighter

i think im going ot be sporting that same drivetrain, i already have the chain and sprocket-now i need the cranks...