Quantcast

I broke my foot...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So now Im off the bike AGAIN! If it's not torrential downpours, then its some wheel issue. If its not that, I break my shock, then when I get that fixed, I break my ****ing FOOT!

WTF?

Today at work, I stepped funny off a curb, not paying attention, and SNAP! There goes my ability to ride for probably 2 months:rolleyes: Real nice summer I have going on here.

So then its off to the ER, kizzi and I show up and come in the door, and as soon as we do, some old lady with her old ass mom walks RIGHT INTO MY FOOT! And then, has the audacity to bitch at me for being in her way! WTF is wrong with people?

So then, after a 30 minute wait in the waiting room, we get called back and sit behind a little curtained off area for an hour and 40 minutes.
It was at this point we were SURE we went to the wrong hospital, as these white trash FREAKS with nails in their feat and ear infectioned babys bitched out the nurses for no reason. One lady was threatening to go to another hospital, one guy's kid was screaming, and no male over 20 in the entire building had a shirt on or less than 5 crappy tatoos. Man it was horrible.

So yeah, after 4 hours, they said "Yep its broke" here's the scrips (Lortabs NICE) go see an ortho doctor monday.

So then it was off to the Pharmacy, which was WAY too crowded for 11pm on a Saturday night, and there was this huge fat black lady in there, and her kid was running all over the place and she was all like "Caucasia! Get over here!!!" I ****ing lost it.

A black kid named caucasia? WTF?

Today has been messed up. My foot hurts and Im out for probably two months. Lets just hope I dont need surgery :dead:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
Haha sounds like you're paying for some past life crap you did or somethin....
I guess man...

I dont think Im meant to do much biking this year. I got in one good pisgah trip, and its been hell since. Whatever...

Anyone need a bullit?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BurlyShirley said:
Anyone need a bullit?
JRB or JBR or BRJ or RBJ or whatever the heck his name if now wants your Bullit.

Sorry to here about the foot, but feel real sorry for you for having to go to the E.R. in the future remember to go to your normal doctor first, unless it's life threatening, they are always quicker.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
he broke his foot kicking a democrat..........

damn jason sorry to hear that. i broke the arch in my right foot one time. nothing bug a pain in the ass is what it was.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
BurlyShirley said:
So then it was off to the Pharmacy, which was WAY too crowded for 11pm on a Saturday night, and there was this huge fat black lady in there, and her kid was running all over the place and she was all like "Caucasia! Get over here!!!" I ****ing lost it.

A black kid named caucasia? WTF?
When I was in LE in NC, I ran some pretty funny names, but never heard a "Caucasia". I wonder if Manimal has ever heard of a "Caucasia".

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
maxyedor said:
Sorry to here about the foot, but feel real sorry for you for having to go to the E.R. in the future remember to go to your normal doctor first, unless it's life threatening, they are always quicker.
It's not as if I could get into a regular doc at 7 pm on a Saturday night, and though the bone sticking out the side of my foot "probably" wasnt life threatening, it did hurt like a bitch, so the ER was the lesser of two evils.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
splat said:
Ahhh it a Medium , Too bad I take a Large !

Seriously though -- DON'T DO IT !!! you'll regret selling it !
Actually man, Ive been needing to do it anyway, and now is as good a time as I can think of.

I just want to ride bikes. Im tired of pivots and bearings and shocks and weight.

I just want a simple steel MTB with a 4 inch fork. Seriously, I just want to ride my bicycle. I dont want to huck stuff anymore. I dont want to race.
I want a sleek, clean reliably bicycle, plain and simple.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
splat said:
Sound like you need to become a roadie ! ( and it is amazing how addictive it can be!!! )

That is what has been making my Commutes so much fun!
Do you think Im asking too much for my bike, or is that a fair price?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Don't become a roadie.

i have the nuke button ready, it was aimed at Texas before, but that can change to Tennessee quite easily.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
lol at "caucasia". sorry to hear about the foot and your unfortunate experience with the triage system at the ER tho.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sorry to hear about that man!

Now you know, stay away from the ER, and just make your own appt. with an ortho. Unless you really need the drugs..... then you can take your chances at a doc in the box, or wait it out in the ER.

Heal Up Quick!

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
BigMike said:
Sorry to hear about that man!

Now you know, stay away from the ER, and just make your own appt. with an ortho. Unless you really need the drugs..... then you can take your chances at a doc in the box, or wait it out in the ER.

Heal Up Quick!
He already addressed that:
BurlyShirley said:
It's not as if I could get into a regular doc at 7 pm on a Saturday night, and though the bone sticking out the side of my foot "probably" wasnt life threatening, it did hurt like a bitch, so the ER was the lesser of two evils.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BS, If you sell your bullit I am glad you've decided to get a nice hardtail. I hardly ride my dualy any more.

Sucks about your foot, but stepping off a curb... :rofl: Dude... Did you really get a compound fracture stepping off a curb?

It's only 6 weeks. Do some push-ups or something.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Changleen said:
BS, If you sell your bullit I am glad you've decided to get a nice hardtail. I hardly ride my dualy any more.

Sucks about your foot, but stepping off a curb... :rofl: Dude... Did you really get a compound fracture stepping off a curb?

It's only 6 weeks. Do some push-ups or something.
As for "only 6 weeks" we'll see what the ortho doc has to say tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about this one, and Im hoping there's not going to be an scalpels or screws involved.

It wasnt a compound fracture, as in, bone sticking through my skin, but it was/is definitely poking up pretty good and hurt like a bitch.

Also, yeah, I just want a "MOUNTAIN BIKE" with two weels, a derailleur, some brakes...nothing fancy. Just a nice, well put together hard tail that wont break. I dont mind paying extra for nice wheels, etc... I just dont want ANY MORE issues once I can ride again.

What are good HT's out these days, anyway? I want something in the 26lb or less range w/ discs. Hopefully steel... anyone got ideas?

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I too have a broken foot, happened on Friday at Nathrop MSC Race. Broken left foot (Calcaneuous (sp?)) So unfortunately I too have lots of non Riding time ahead of me this summer. I'm with ya Burly. I hope you also heal quick!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
bpatterson6 said:
I too have a broken foot, happened on Friday at Nathrop MSC Race. Broken left foot (Calcaneuous (sp?)) So unfortunately I too have lots of non Riding time ahead of me this summer. I'm with ya Burly. I hope you also heal quick!
I snapped the end off my 5th metatarcil (sp?)

Good luck to ya.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
As for "only 6 weeks" we'll see what the ortho doc has to say tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about this one, and Im hoping there's not going to be an scalpels or screws involved.

It wasnt a compound fracture, as in, bone sticking through my skin, but it was/is definitely poking up pretty good and hurt like a bitch.

Also, yeah, I just want a "MOUNTAIN BIKE" with two weels, a derailleur, some brakes...nothing fancy. Just a nice, well put together hard tail that wont break. I dont mind paying extra for nice wheels, etc... I just dont want ANY MORE issues once I can ride again.

What are good HT's out these days, anyway? I want something in the 26lb or less range w/ discs. Hopefully steel... anyone got ideas?
You might have seen this thread already:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147956

It's mainly focussed around the jumping end of things but there are a good range of frames in there now including Evil, Woodmen and Santa Cruz which may be the sort of thing you're looking for. How tall are you?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Soul Cycles Loki,
Santa Cruz Chameleon,
Evil DOC,
Kona Cowan,
Cortina Triton or Europa DS,
.243 SL

Check those out for starters.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
go for a chameleon shirley... great little frames... i used to ride one and they are super versatile... i ride an evil doc now, which is nice for sure... but i d stick with the SC if i had to do it again...