Quantcast

I broke my frame

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
My KHS FXTpro frame broke tonight. The chain stay snapped about 1in from the weld for the rear drop out. All I did was hop off the bike to go over a really big log in the trail and hoped back on after climbing over the log and it snapped. This is the first time I have broken a frame, What sux is according to KHS website they only warranty full sustention frames for 1 year. I have to call them tomorrow and see what they say. It really sux of I cant get the frame replaced I have to buy something new. Any one that got a FoxPro frame from Jansen USA last year be careful you may be next.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
How old is it? KHS has been good about their warrantys with me. Talk to your local KHS dealer and they can usually hook you up pretty nicely. I broke an Alite 1000 frame (Generic heavy aluminum hardtail) talked to my LBS who happens to be a KHS dealer, and got a supersweet Alite 4000 frame out of the warranty (Very light nice frame etc...)

Not sure how loveable they are on the FS though.

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Its about 2 years old. Hard tail frames are good for 25 years. FS frames are only good for 1 year. I have to call them today and see what thay say.

xbluethunderx said:
How old is it? KHS has been good about their warrantys with me. Talk to your local KHS dealer and they can usually hook you up pretty nicely. I broke an Alite 1000 frame (Generic heavy aluminum hardtail) talked to my LBS who happens to be a KHS dealer, and got a supersweet Alite 4000 frame out of the warranty (Very light nice frame etc...)

Not sure how loveable they are on the FS though.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Be Honest with them!

WHen I broke my KHS, I told them it was on an 8' drop, and they replaced it.

anyone else notice a Broken KHS frame trend here....

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Pulser955 said:
Its about 2 years old. Hard tail frames are good for 25 years. FS frames are only good for 1 year. I have to call them today and see what thay say.
Try contacting the seller if it is a store or online.

The thing about cracking these KHS' breaking is summed up in my equation below.

XC+CLYDE=CRACK!

FR+CLYDE=GUY BEHIND ME ON THE CLIMB!

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
BigMike said:
Be Honest with them!

WHen I broke my KHS, I told them it was on an 8' drop, and they replaced it.

anyone else notice a Broken KHS frame trend here....

What happened is the privet on the upper swing arm froze putting too much stress on the chine stay and it snapped. KHS wants me to send the frame back and they are going to do something for me I just don’t know what yet. I didn’t get to talk to them my Opps mangier did. But I don’t Think im going to keep any thing they send me. KHS doesn’t make the FXT Pro any more and I don’t like any of the new bikes. So im going to get a Giant VT frame and sell the KHS.