Quantcast

I broke my p street at the local jump spot

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I have one and have been pretty rough on it (I recently planned to bunny hop a sidewalk onto what I thought was a nice grassy hill. As soon as I left the ground I realized that my nice grassy hill was in reality a 5 foot grass steep strip to a 10foot sheer drop into a creek. I landed on my face.) and mine's held up really well. Specialized should help you out, they're usually pretty good about customer service. What were you doing?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
They do have a crash replacement discount on a damaged frame if you are the first owner. Contact your local specialized dealer. I wouldnt bother with the emails...

OGDMFG

Monkey
well I just spoke to special ed and they no longer have these frames.they turned me over to a local dealer who is going to hose me and force me buy a complete 04 p street. this situation really sucks. all I need is a frame, that is all , but now all I have is a mess that was once a p street frame:mumble: . I will never buy anything from special ed . this has turned into full rant , that I am sorry for.
no more special ed for me.:redhot:

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Sounds like you spoke with the wrong people. They should give you a large discount on a non-warranty failure. Its strange a dealer even has an 04 sitting around.... sounds fishy. Id call again, speak with someone high up on the ladder. If they are infact offering an 04 P street, you should be paying something near cost... (getting it directly from Specialized, not the dealer)

And, crash replacements/discounts are rare. I see it as a favor, more than a requirement(since few bike companys offer it) Its akin to driving your truck into a lake and having ford feel bad for you and then offer a new truck at half off. The real world doesnt usually work so nice....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Did they offer a regular p frame?
Did you run this warranty through a bike shop. The shop has a relationship with the sales rep and can help make warranties go smoother.

OGDMFG

Monkey
The local bike shop where I purchased the bike is now run by a road nazi, because of this I am having to search around for another dealer. The closest one is 25 miles away. The funny thing is that the warranty dept for specialized is located in salt lake.

OGDMFG

Monkey
Boxxer, the dealer does not have the frames in stock, the specialized wharehouse in slc told me they have a lot of the complete bikes in the inventory.I do not know if I want to buy another one of these bikes, the fork alone is a boat anchor, the tires are undesireable to say the least. everything else was alright.I think if I did do the purchase I would be left with alot of parts that I would never use and would have problems selling.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Dude OGDMFG, go to your shop and DON'T TELL THEM YOU CRASHED, just ask to get a warranty. They'll take care of it.

I've gotten the crazyiest crap warrantied that I didn't even buy new. Just keep your mouth shut.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Every special ed dealer I've talked to in Utah has been pretty lousy. The only one that was kind of good to deal with was Mad Dog cycles in Orem, but it was 3 years ago that I last dealt with them and I know they've either moved, or opened up a second shop in Provo, I can't say that things have gotten better or worse, but it's not going to be worth the drive to find out.

Over the years I've actually liked a couple of the specialized bikes but could never bring myself to buy one because the dealers I've visited* all seemed like they had no idea how to treat customers.

*I haven't visited all dealers across the country, I'm sure there are good ones out there.