Quantcast

I can haz Bloodclotz....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
rip it's a good thing they caught it. hopefully you won't need the thinners long term and can still ride, and if you can, i say a celebratory sesh at the alexandria pump track (when it opens for the season) is in order since you caught it in time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Take care of yourself, I have been through the full cycle of giving myself injections in my stomach:eek:, to wearing compression stalkings, to freaking out that the clot would break free and kill me.....
Lovenox? (sp?) That crap sucked too, as much as I hated the Coumadin at least it was in pill form. If I ever become diabetic I'm screwed. Do you guys know why, or maybe Doc Toshi can answer this but how come you all with with this clotting condition don't get an IVC? Won't help with strokes I suppose but keeps the big chunks out of your heart and lungs, the one I had installed during my stay in ICU is now a permanent fixture, and saved my life.

Medical related but may be

Thanks all.

So.... I just got out of the hospital. Wound up having some complications on Tuesday and was admitted as a result.
:eek: Damn dude, glad to here your out, thats always an improvement. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yikes!!! Good luck RIP! I have a clotting problem myself (thankfully not a hemophiliac, but close enough to take precautions) and it sucks! I hope your physicians can get everything under control and your quality of life doesn't suffer too much!

frankthetank

Chimp
Feb 20, 2010
NY/NJ
Stay focused going through life changing sh#t also been 6 months off the bike no drinking also YOU will make changes its not going to be easy,but its better then an early dirt nap.You will be back riding one day think of life as a marathon not a sprint.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Not cleared yet, but am actually making really good progress with getting over this. When I got admitted in the hospital my right calf measured 48cm in diameter. The swelling is gone, there is zero discomfort in my right leg. On the coumadin front, the base line has been found. The chance of getting cleared on friday is still 50/50, but am feeling much more optimistic that it could happen. It will be a long time until I can get back on a mtb. I'm just hoping that I can use my track bike on a trainer. If I can, I will be perfectly content.

Overall this has been a life changer for me, will never be the same, but now I'm determined to make that for the good.

Last edited:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
you are lucky Rip, my leg was swollen and deadly painful for almost 3 months. The compression stocking helped greatly though.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
It is definitely genetic related, same as mental issues can run in the family.

Can't get factor v leiden and protein c deficiency from lifestyle choices, got it from my father's side of the family. Yeah I just found out about the protein c deficiency one in my follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.