Quantcast

I can truly say "I am SICK OF THIS

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
WEATHER!"

Manhattanprjkt and I got rained out last night on our trailbuilding.

I was so stoked after we walked it off on Sunday I could hardly sleep. I even picked up a few more rakes and tools, I got out of work yesterday at 2:35, I checked the air in my driver side rear tire and as I stood up (2:37) the damn sky opened up. The whole day was beautiful out, until I got out of work then the deluge began.:rolleyes:

to add insult to injury I went out this morning and had to scrape not just frost but a good amount of ice off of my windshield. :rolleyes:

I can usually deal with getting rained out of a ride, but we are on a schedule to get the trail in before the foliage takes over.

Needless to say, frustration has set in.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Its been GREAT! in TN. Few showers here and there, but nothing to mud up the trails. Ive ridden like 3 or 4 days in a row now finally.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
We had *two* whole days of cloudy weather yesterday and Monday. Damn clouds. :mumble:

Luckily it's looking good for the future - sunny and 60's for awhile. :thumb:
that sounds like sweet weather:drool:

speaking of SUN, it just poked through the fog:dancing:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
robdamanii said:
We didn't have much more than a small shower last night. And we rode through it. :thumb:
PISS OFF! :nuts: :D I saw that you folks were on the Northern end of that system that moved through. We got hit with it for hours.:rolleyes:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
brungeman said:
PISS OFF! :nuts: :D I saw that you folks were on the Northern end of that system that moved through. We got hit with it for hours.:rolleyes:

Ours hit just as we topped a long nasty climb, so the refreshing rain kept things cool on the way down. I guess it rained from 6 to 11pm or so. Not too bad.

Get yourself out tonight and Flo, joe!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
brungeman said:
WEATHER!"

Manhattanprjkt and I got rained out last night on our trailbuilding.

I was so stoked after we walked it off on Sunday I could hardly sleep. I even picked up a few more rakes and tools, I got out of work yesterday at 2:35, I checked the air in my driver side rear tire and as I stood up (2:37) the damn sky opened up. The whole day was beautiful out, until I got out of work then the deluge began.:rolleyes:

to add insult to injury I went out this morning and had to scrape not just frost but a good amount of ice off of my windshield. :rolleyes:

I can usually deal with getting rained out of a ride, but we are on a schedule to get the trail in before the foliage takes over.

Needless to say, frustration has set in.
I understand your frustration. In Southern California we have been dealing with the same thing. Last week it was sunny and warm during the work week, but once the weekend rolled around, it got cold and rainy. This week, we have more rain coming; it looks like the sky could open up at any moment now. This is Southern California, we're not supposed to get rain this time of year...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Warm and sunny here. It's TOTALLY helping the snowmelt up at the higher mountain elevations. I'm hitting the trails yet again tonight. Summer is here!

J

JRB

I just remembered that I forgot to charge my battery for the ride I will finish in the dark tonight. Unless it rains here. If it does, I don't care though.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Heidi said:
Warm and sunny here. It's TOTALLY helping the snowmelt up at the higher mountain elevations. I'm hitting the trails yet again tonight. Summer is here!
:stupid: The last three days have been BEAUTIFUL. 70+ degrees, not a cloud in the air, birds chirping, freshman playing frisbee in the loop, hot girls in short shorts....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
robdamanii said:
And Brunge, kicking me in the nuts won't make you any friends. :D
I wasn't kickin you... I thought you were kickin me!:rofl: telling me you were out and got a ride in before the rain hit was like a kick in the twig and berries:rofl:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
blt2ride said:
I understand your frustration. In Southern California we have been dealing with the same thing. Last week it was sunny and warm during the work week, but once the weekend rolled around, it got cold and rainy. This week, we have more rain coming; it looks like the sky could open up at any moment now. This is Southern California, we're not supposed to get rain this time of year...
I feel for you! I saw that Cal. got some serious rain in the recent past.

Heidi said:
kinghami3 said:
The last three days have been BEAUTIFUL. 70+ degrees, not a cloud in the air, birds chirping, freshman playing frisbee in the loop, hot girls in short shorts...
:drool: now if that isn't a kick in the nuts I don't know what is!

loco said:
Reckon stinky can make a "brungeman whine du jour" sign???
:think: ;)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Brunge man is out of his mind, our forcast from here on out is mid 60's and sunny...

You in for tonight man?
WHat do you think? IT is SOOO FVCKING NICE OUT RIGHT NOW I CANT BELIEVE IT!:thumb:

man I cant wait to get out of here and head to Gee "SPOT" its gauranteed to make em scream!:eek: :thumb:

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
Live in SoCal since early '70's, but I remember working Fox Chapel Country Club one summer, greenskeeper, and it rained solid for over 3 days.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Fshflys said:
Sorry, that should have been 30 days.
oh yeah? I can truly believe that! we as kids woudn't say the word RAIN, cause we thought that if we did it would, we always said "precipitate" Now, the ongoing joke is they shouldn't even put the weather on TV if it ISN'T "partly cloudy" or as you say in Pittsburghese, partly Clahdy! :D

so you used to live in the Burgh? :wave: did you live over in the FC area? the trails we are working on are in a secret spot over by North Park.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Brunge man is out of his mind, our forcast from here on out is mid 60's and sunny...

You in for tonight man?

I just got this email from Manhattanprjkt about trail building tonight :rofl: he took his work trailbuilding clothes to work so he could meet me there! :rofl:

one other thing, i dont have any god damn jacket with me hahahah, i didnt realize it would be cold today, do you have some old thing sitting around, sweatshirt? Anything?
I just thought that it was ironic him callin me out of my mind:D

J

JRB

brungeman said:
<snip>I just thought that it was ironic him callin me out of my mind:D

I think it's ironic that he is asking someone that is clearly NOT "metro" for clothes to borrow. :think: Get pics so we can kick him while he's down. Maybe get a sweat shirt from a chick. hahahaha

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
loco said:
I think it's ironic that he is asking someone that is clearly NOT "metro" for clothes to borrow. :think: Get pics so we can kick him while he's down. Maybe get a sweat shirt from a chick. hahahaha
funniest part is that i work at a giant clothing company...there are jackets all around me for our BTS season and i cant take one...

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
funniest part is that i work at a giant clothing company...there are jackets all around me for our BTS season and i cant take one...
Does that mean "back to school"??? If that means that, I am pretty sure I am....meh - I don't really have it pinned down yet. hahahaha

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
yeah sorry, it means back to school.

season code...
I still got nothing, but talking in season codes is pretty ghey.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
loco said:
I still got nothing, but talking in season codes is pretty ghey.
yep, as well as the pseudocode jargon im typing in right now...

where BTS STYLE = NULL

bla bla bla bal hahhaha

nah my jobs cool.