Quantcast

I completely lost control of my savings.

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Just when my new 7Point is almost done (waiting on goodridge lines) I went absolutely stupid ordering bikes. A few weeks ago I had ordered a fit flow street bmx and eastern nighttrain 26" but I ended up canceling those to do some more shopping. Well last night I jumped off the cliff. I ordered an 08' Sunday World Cup, a Yeti 575 Enduro, an Eastern Nightrain, a Bianchi Oetzi 9300 Carbon, an On One Inbred, a Fit Flow Street, and a Fit Flow Trail. I almost ordered a Transition Double and still might. On top of that I ordered all the upgrades, spare parts, tools, and pimpin extras your can imagine. Got some movies to boot. Will post pics as they arrive.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Just when my new 7Point is almost done (waiting on goodridge lines) I went absolutely stupid ordering bikes. A few weeks ago I had ordered a fit flow street bmx and eastern nighttrain 26" but I ended up canceling those to do some more shopping. Well last night I jumped off the cliff. I ordered an 08' Sunday World Cup, a Yeti 575 Enduro, an Eastern Nightrain, a Bianchi Oetzi 9300 Carbon, an On One Inbred, a Fit Flow Street, and a Fit Flow Trail. I almost ordered a Transition Double and still might. On top of that I ordered all the upgrades, spare parts, tools, and pimpin extras your can imagine. Got some movies to boot. Will post pics as they arrive.
this is either the biggest WTF post or the biggest EGO stroke post... the jury is still out! :monkey:

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
College is overrated and a waste of money, so I'm thinking this was a good investment.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have no idea if you're serious but what is weird to me is not that you'll have all those bikes but that you're getting them all at once. Lots of folks have that kind of stable but it usually comes about after many years of acquiring bikes, with lots of attention focused on each one. This seems more like an insane shopping spree but hey, rock it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have no need for more than 2 bikes at any given time. I feel overwhelmed if I hae too many choices, so I sell off the bikes I don't ride regularly.

Bikes, like cars are a bad investment. So if I'm not riding it, I see it as money wasted.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'm down to three right now and one is in storage and the other doesn't have any wheels. Too many bikes is just useless I've come to learn.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
At least the thread wasn't titled "I've lost control of my bladder." Cause then we'd have to read all about the 17 different ways he excessively pissed his pants.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I have had two XC bikes at once a couple times. I always end up selling the one I didnt ride for the whole season.

Its always a good idea to spend thousands upon thousands of saved dollars and blow it on bikes. At least nothing serious will ever happen to you that you will need savings.

:disgust1:

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Call bs all you want. Most of the bikes are shipping out in the next couple days. The Sunday won't be here till December though. I'm not exactly in the poor house now either.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I have no idea if you're serious but what is weird to me is not that you'll have all those bikes but that you're getting them all at once. Lots of folks have that kind of stable but it usually comes about after many years of acquiring bikes, with lots of attention focused on each one. This seems more like an insane shopping spree but hey, rock it.

I agree, I have 5 bikes (4 MTB and one Road) but have them from working years in a shop and in the indusry in general. I wish I had that kind of money in my savings, make sure you ride ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!! Bikes not ridden much get sad...................

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm not exactly in the poor house now either.
We are all thoroughly impressed. In fact, I'm now trying to figure out ways to be you I'm so impressed.

Oh wait! I'm not actually that impressed because a lot of us on here have stables as nice or superior!

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
We are all thoroughly impressed. In fact, I'm now trying to figure out ways to be you I'm so impressed.

Oh wait! I'm not actually that impressed because a lot of us on here have stables as nice or superior!
Yep you got me. I was trying to impress miss pacman. So we can expect you to not ever post about your new bikes? I obviously can handle my money if I had that much in the first place. There were lot's of idiots criticizing my financial choice without knowing me at all. Explain to me how I can tell people about my new bikes with out meeting your standards for arrogance.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I bet you ordered yourself up a new bass boat too didn't ya?
Roll tide Roll!

HA! Too fantastic.

And to the fella with all the super keen niffty awesome to maximum bikes, not trying to impress anyone huh?? I highly doubt that based on your original post. But have a blast trying to actually ride all those bikes enough to justify owning them.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I can't believe a person with so many flashy bicycles such as yourself would be seen interacting with such a person.

Was it part of community service?

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
I can't believe a person with so many flashy bicycles such as yourself would be seen interacting with such a person.

Was it part of community service?

Yeah it was part of a beer-run for drunkards outreach. Our goal is to keep drunks off the streets by going to get the beer for them when they run out.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
albeit wild and crazy for ordering em all at the same time its your money so don't listen to all the haters. its only money and obviously your stoked... did ya get the new 08 575?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
People seldom spend their savings in such a frivolous manner, saving that kind of dough takes a lot of effort and time... I hope you're not blowing your student loans or creating excessive credit card debt.

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
People seldom spend their savings in such a frivolous manner, saving that kind of dough takes a lot of effort and time... I hope you're not blowing your student loans or creating excessive credit card debt.
Thanks for your concern but it's not neccessary. It didn't go on credit cards and was only a small piece of my stash. I was lucky enough to be given some stock by my mother in her pharma. company right before it went BIG. I then had a good family friend who is the regional director of UBS do what he does with it. I don't know crap about the stock market. All I know is he calls me or sends me a statement every once in a while telling me I made money not doing $hit. My day job is at a pharmacy working for family. Between the two I get LOTS of time for school and riding.