Quantcast

I did a bad thing

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I came home with this. 08 Speccy Enduro Sl expert, Full XO, Avid Ultimates, xt cranks. Been wanting an AM bike for awhile now, I was planning on getting a TransAM and building up a nice hardtail, but then this was Offered to me at a price I just couldnt pass up.

So this is what I got

On the way home, I came to realize I am just about Ass backwards

My DH bike has a Single crown, and my xc/am bike has a DC fork.

I thought that was funny.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
dude........

slap on a talas and a dhx air now!

I ran through 3 forks and 2 shocks in one season. trust me! dont even screw around on this one,

disregard all the mods for the shock and forks and just sell them on craigslist while they are still pretty.

every single sl we sold out of the shop had (at least) one shock replaced and one fork cartridge replaced.

in fact, before you sell the fork, send in the old cartridge back to spechy and ask for the s works cartridge back. they seem to last longer.

that way you wont have a hostile craigslist buyer.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
dude........

slap on a talas and a dhx air now!

I ran through 3 forks and 2 shocks in one season. trust me! dont even screw around on this one,

disregard all the mods for the shock and forks and just sell them on craigslist while they are still pretty.

every single sl we sold out of the shop had (at least) one shock replaced and one fork cartridge replaced.

in fact, before you sell the fork, send in the old cartridge back to spechy and ask for the s works cartridge back. they seem to last longer.

that way you wont have a hostile craigslist buyer.
Both have already been done.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Ok, first ride done, 14 miles. I want a different seat, and different bars now. I will probably EP a Fork and a rear shock after the first of the year. Might as well break these first.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
Ok, first ride done, 14 miles. I want a different seat, and different bars now. I will probably EP a Fork and a rear shock after the first of the year. Might as well break these first.
Yep, might as well burn out the original equip before moving on to greener pastures. I like that bike (sans 1980's trailpack). :thumb:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Leave my pack alone, It holds a couple tubes, patch kit, co2's, wallet, phone, and food.

As far as burning the OE stuff first, good thing the fork has a 5 year warranty.

It climbs well, just need to get the settings and air pressure dialed in for my needs, and I will break this bitch every couple weeks!!!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Has anyone here ever run a newer Stumpjumper with a 36 on the front? I have a 32 talas on the front of mine now and sometimes think it would be nice to have the 36 talas. Would the extra 30mm really rake it out/ raise the bb too much?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I ran with the float for a few weeks before I switched to the talas, the only reason I did so was I was riding XC one day and on northstar the next, the float did fine for XC but couldnt get the most out of it on the DH resort runs.

I got the adjustments dialed down to a couple second change when I pulled the bike out of the truck and off I went. worked really well.

get a gravity dropper for that thing as well, make life alot more fun.