Quantcast

i did steroids

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
gee really? keep waiting on that Hall of Fame bid guy.

In a statement released to the AP on Monday afternoon, Big Mac admitted that he took steroids on and off for almost a decade and was a PED user when he hit 70 home runs during the famous 1998 home run chase.
The AP also reports that McGwire used human growth hormone, though that news was obtained from a source and was not referenced in McGwire's statement.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Mark-McGwire-comes-clean-admits-to-using-steroi?urn=mlb,212896
(full statement)
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/cardinal-beat-updates/2010/01/mark-mcgwires-statement-comments-from-cardinals-execs/

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
I just don't understand what the giant congressional jizzwad is about the steroid use. They're professional athletes, people pay money to watch them play whoopassingly at sports. That's like saying nascar can only race 4 cylinder honda civic sedans. They dump more $$ into a car to increase it's performance than a whole clan of mcgwires & bonds' combined.

Just don't understand is all, he makes the $$ to pay for it, it's his body, wtf is the problem?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That's like saying nascar can only race 4 cylinder honda civic sedans. They dump more $$ into a car to increase it's performance than a whole clan of mcgwires & bonds' combined.
horrible analogy.
a better one would be if everyone raced 4-cylinder honda civics and some guy shows up with a blown 528 hemi running nitro.
its called cheating.
theres a reason why you cant use a motor while racing a bicycle, lie to congress about not using a motor, then cry like a pansy a few years later and tell the world you used a motor to race your bicycle.

or how about the guy who won the Tour a few years ago and had his title stripped because he was doping. should he have still won?

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's like saying nascar can only race 4 cylinder honda civic sedans. They dump more $$ into a car to increase it's performance than a whole clan of mcgwires & bonds' combined.

Just don't understand is all, he makes the $$ to pay for it, it's his body, wtf is the problem?
It's like a restrictor plate.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
horrible analogy.
a better one would be if everyone raced 4-cylinder honda civics and some guy shows up with a blown 528 hemi running nitro.
its called cheating.
theres a reason why you cant use a motor while racing a bicycle, lie to congress about not using a motor, then cry like a pansy a few years later and tell the world you used a motor to race your bicycle.

or how about the guy who won the Tour a few years ago and had his title stripped because he was doping. should he have still won?
Floyd Landis

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
well, that's much of what I don't understand, if they are so readily available, anyone can buy them with their $$$$$$$$$$$ a year salaries, the reasoning & the hype behind why it's such a big deal to use them escapes me......... I mean, if it's available & you're not coerced into using them & do so by your own free will, knowing & accepting the side/long term effects it will have on your body......then by all means haus, have at it

hell, you can have a viable fetus slurped out of your body legally & nobody bats an eye

I just don't understand the hoopla, that's all

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
well, that's much of what I don't understand, if they are so readily available, anyone can buy them with their $$$$$$$$$$$ a year salaries, the reasoning & the hype behind why it's such a big deal to use them escapes me......... I mean, if it's available & you're not coerced into using them & do so by your own free will, knowing & accepting the side/long term effects it will have on your body......then by all means haus, have at it

hell, you can have a viable fetus slurped out of your body legally & nobody bats an eye

I just don't understand the hoopla, that's all
you obviously dont get it and must be dense.
do you know what organized sports is? how about rules? or do you believe in anarchy?

and if there was a sport where not having a fetus in your body gave you a unfair advantage, then it still wont be right.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
well man, I'll just have to agree to disagree with ya on this one. Not so much a matter of density as it is a misunderstanding of our wonderful government getting involved in issues totally unrelated to the functionality of our nation.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
well man, I'll just have to agree to disagree with ya on this one. Not so much a matter of density as it is a misunderstanding of our wonderful government getting involved in issues totally unrelated to the functionality of our nation.
that comment right there makes you dense.

take you tin foil hat off and smell the coffee.
i didnt realize the last time i voted, i was also voting for the government to make rules for sports. hmm interesting. thanks for the insight.
obviously its a misunderstanding of how you think government and or sports work.

They all know what can/will happen when caught. They use it because they want an edge..simple as that.
its a conspiracy. didnt you know

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just don't understand what the giant congressional jizzwad is about the steroid use. They're professional athletes, people pay money to watch them play whoopassingly at sports. That's like saying nascar can only race 4 cylinder honda civic sedans. They dump more $$ into a car to increase it's performance than a whole clan of mcgwires & bonds' combined.

What about the other players who didn't take roids?

Also, baseball likes its history, so by hitting 70 hrs, he makes Maris, Ruth, and Mays look like chumps.

It also likes to talk about its integrity, which it has none because it was obvious both McGwire and Sosa were doping by the way they muscled up and their output, but not it is just tainted.

I heard Bobby Knight, who is an expert in PED's like he is in teaching Zen, saying that gatorade is a PED.

First of all, he is under the misconception that basketball doesn't require steroids to shoot a basket, just like baseball experts said steroids don't help you hit a ball.

But McGwire admitted to taking HGH, which anyone can take and make a physical improvement.