Quantcast

i did steroids

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why does the government care about major league baseball? Do you know what kind of revenues these franchises make? Look at all the merchandising they do. This isn't about sports, this is about BUSINESS.

Something I'd like to point out, Major League Baseball is EXEMPT from virtually all anti-trust and anti-monopoly laws (including the Sherman Anti-Trust Act).

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Where the heck is the money coming from in baseball? I don't know a single person who cares enough to even watch a game on TV, much less go to a game or buy merch.

I still think they should just let those guys go wild and make baseball into a sport of modded-out monsters that live about 8 years. Steroids, cybernetic enhancements, whatever.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Where the heck is the money coming from in baseball? I don't know a single person who cares enough to even watch a game on TV, much less go to a game or buy merch.
I think the cross section of people you know might be biased. People up here in the greater NYC metro area go simply APESH*T for baseball.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Why does the government care about major league baseball? Do you know what kind of revenues these franchises make? Look at all the merchandising they do. This isn't about sports, this is about BUSINESS.

Something I'd like to point out, Major League Baseball is EXEMPT from virtually all anti-trust and anti-monopoly laws (including the Sherman Anti-Trust Act).
Yet no one cares if DeeTrey down at Mcdonalds is hulking up on steroids, whacked out on speed or high on mountain dew......or even the 'meat' can be drugged to excess, yet there's no fuss or congressional questioning of a big mac or DeeTrey

& i'm sure mcd's makes more than baseball

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I think the cross section of people you know might be biased. People up here in the greater NYC metro area go simply APESH*T for baseball.
Even the two bonkers sports fanatics I know, who will literally watch curling in the off season, won't watch it because it's "boring" and "corrupt"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yet no one cares if DeeTrey down at Mcdonalds is hulking up on steroids, whacked out on speed or high on mountain dew......or even the 'meat' can be drugged to excess, yet there's no fuss or congressional questioning of a big mac or DeeTrey

& i'm sure mcd's makes more than baseball
#1 - that's cuz DeeTrey is only pullin' minimum wage and he's an at-will employee. He doesn't have a multi-year contract worth 8 figures.

#2 - the food industry does what it wants to the meat b/c they've been in bed with congress since the early 1900's (does the name upton sinclair ring a bell?)

#3 - McD's does NOT make more than baseball. McDonald's profit in 2008 was only $4.3 billion, in 2007 MLB (as a whole) made profits in excess of $6 billion. Couldn't find the 2008 numbers for MLB to make a direct comparison. Couldn't 2009 numbers either, guess they haven't been published yet.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
yeaa i take steroids, i eat that sh!t for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
you eat **** for breakfast?

Anyone who thinks that any professional athlete isn't doping is out of their mind.

Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Football, etc. They are all on the 'roids, it's just that the average american is too uneducated to be able to pick out a roid user.

You could line up 10 guys of equal size, 9/10 not using, and throw 1 roid user in the mix and it should be night and day clear as to which one he is...but 99% can't figure that out.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
well man, I'll just have to agree to disagree with ya on this one. Not so much a matter of density as it is a misunderstanding of our wonderful government getting involved in issues totally unrelated to the functionality of our nation.
I'm with Cooter. I don't see why the government fails on so many levels, yet maintains that it should help regulate a game. There, I said it, it's just a game. :thumb:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm with Cooter. I don't see why the government fails on so many levels, yet maintains that it should help regulate a game. There, I said it, it's just a game. :thumb:
who said they are regulating the game????
MLB does random testing at random times for their players. the government doesnt have a narc in there watching over their shoulders.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
who said they are regulating the game????
MLB does random testing at random times for their players. the government doesnt have a narc in there watching over their shoulders.
Regulate was a bad word. I don't see the need in congressional hearings. It's illegal, or it's not. Congress has better things to worry about. Or, more important, IMO.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
And I understand it's business, but it's not the government's job to keep a watchful eye to make sure someone's not stealing from a business. Much like it's not their business in baseball.

When our country runs smoothly, without deficit, I'll see about amending this opinion.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I don't see the need in congressional hearings. It's illegal, or it's not. Congress has better things to worry about. Or, more important, IMO.
i couldnt agree more. MLB and every other major sport is a business and should be run as a business. all business matters should be handled within the "company" and not have government suits stepping in making a mockery of the whole process.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it appears your out of your mind?
i am and dont call me Shirley.

it also appears that you are as well...thinking all pro athletes are juicing. i guess all those pro athletes found out how to beat those random, unannounced drug tests too huh?
i bet you think there was a second shooter at Dealey Plaza too huh?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
i am and dont call me Shirley.

it also appears that you are as well...thinking all pro athletes are juicing. i guess all those pro athletes found out how to beat those random, unannounced drug tests too huh?
I dunno where the hell dealey plaza is.

Roid users are not on constant cycles, using steroids 24/7 a day.

Most pro athletes HAVE juiced, and WILL juice again. I did not say all pro athletes stuck needles in their asses this morning on the way to work.

Most college football players are juicing, MANY high school athletes are juicing.

Hell, many amature athletes are juicing, and for what? a $12 trophy?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
do you have any information supporting your conspiracy theory?? because i know several ex-professional athletes who didnt juice....and maybe they are ex-pros because they didnt, but your statement is pretty damn broad saying most of them juiced

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
I dunno where the hell dealey plaza is.

Roid users are not on constant cycles, using steroids 24/7 a day.

Most pro athletes HAVE juiced, and WILL juice again. I did not say all pro athletes stuck needles in their asses this morning on the way to work.

Most college football players are juicing, MANY high school athletes are juicing.

Hell, many amature athletes are juicing, and for what? a $12 trophy?
Wait...is it all, or most??? Your accusations seem to conflict. :think:

I could concede that many do it, but most or all seem to not work in my mind.

I think lots of professional cyclists do it. Hell, I even think Lance did at one time, but I don't think all of them do it. The results just don't reflect it.

splat

Nam I am
If taking steroids would give me a better chance at getting Red Sox tickets, I might consider it.
Heck you'd shoot up the Juice if it meant you could have another Beer :cheers:

There was ! No way LHW could get off those 3 rounds that fast with accuracy at that range.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
do you have any information supporting your conspiracy theory?? because i know several ex-professional athletes who didnt juice....and maybe they are ex-pros because they didnt, but your statement is pretty damn broad saying most of them juiced
I actually lived next to a professional athlete that I don't believe juiced, but at that point in time I was too young to really understand roids and all that jazz.

No, I don't have any statistical facts, I've seen things, in different sports, locker rooms, gyms, etc that lead me to my opinions.

Wait...is it all, or most??? Your accusations seem to conflict. :think:

I could concede that many do it, but most or all seem to not work in my mind.

I think lots of professional cyclists do it. Hell, I even think Lance did at one time, but I don't think all of them do it. The results just don't reflect it.
All would be pretty broad, and unfair. Most I don't think is too out of line, but then that would include all the guys who were on the team for a week, a season, etc who never played, barely made the team, and didn't juice.

I'll say that in my belief MOST professional athletes who have any sort of sustainable career or are at all considered good HAVE, ARE and WILL juice at multiple times throughout their careers.

Athletes that I have called out long before any sort of accusations arose from the media do include mr. macguire, roger clemens, barry bonds, sammy sosa, sean merriman, A-Rod, and tiger woods. Each of those guys has either admitted to the use, or has enough smoke surrounding him that it's obvious (except maybe tiger, though I still believe he was juicing at some point).

I've called out others, but my point is if those guys are juicing, don't be surprised that many others have juiced or are juicing as well.

Other guys not proven to juice who i think will either get caught or admit some day, Brock Lesnar, George St. Pierre, Lance, Ben Wallace, LeBron, Favre, etc.

There is no point in giving a damn if charlie batch juiced, but after 10 years in the league, playing for EMU, then making it with the lions and steelers, I'm betting the dude juiced. But with his hall of fame numbers who cares? Guys like this are the reason that a lot of roid use flies under the radar and john Q public doesnt know anything about it...he's not good enough to care if he juiced.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Are you serious?

Specifically about baseball players, most of them have taken amphetamines, commonly known as greenies. It is hard to go the bars, shack up, then be ready for an one o'clock game.

Given the long and rigorous season, I believe many but possibly not most, have taken HGH and testosterone. Also some are on the full program of steroids as well.

Yes, I have no proof except for admissions by guys like Pettite, A-Rod, Bonds, and this list grows longer and longer.

However, as a casual fan, it was obvious, totally obvious these guys were juicing. Now imagine I was in the locker room with these guys and how they performed directly affected my playing time and my paycheck.

Would I not notice the "special trainers"? The 25 lb build-up in 6 months? Mood swings? Blemishes? Track marks?

Would I consider getting on the juice then?

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I actually lived next to a professional athlete that I don't believe juiced, but at that point in time I was too young to really understand roids and all that jazz.
so that comment basically makes your argument null and void.

No, I don't have any statistical facts, I've seen things, in different sports, locker rooms, gyms, etc that lead me to my opinions.
that you like seeing men naked?

splat

Nam I am
There was ! No way LHW could get off those 3 rounds that fast with accuracy at that range.
he was a Marine.
Yes he was a Marine ( and Probably a KGB spy ) , and trained but , 4.5 seconds from a bolt action rifle, you can barely operate the bolt, and fire in that amount of time , then having to take aim and fire at 200+ yards, to hit the moving targets with that much accuracy I'm sorry I don't buy it.

and of course lets not forget the Magic Bullet not going straight.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yes he was a Marine ( and Probably a KGB spy ) , and trained but , 4.5 seconds from a bolt action rifle, you can barely operate the bolt, and fire in that amount of time , then having to take aim and fire at 200+ yards, to hit the moving targets with that much accuracy I'm sorry I don't buy it.

and of course lets not forget the Magic Bullet not going straight.
You know, modern ballistics have proven all of this was possible. At least the most current History Channel special.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
so that comment basically makes your argument null and void.

that you like seeing men naked?
because I lived next to a guy when I was in the 6th grade who was a not very good hockey player who I don't think juiced just for the simple fact that I was too young to pay attention at the time?

My current opinion is much like Sanjuro's....in my opinion most of those guys are out there juicing. But I'm more aware of it then I was when I was 11