Quantcast

I didn't know cats could get AIDS

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Family kittah has been feeling sick for a few days, so he went to the vet.

Turns out he has feline AIDS or FIV and leukemia. Vet says he can live 2 weeks to 2 years with the disease. There isn't anything that can be done, except treat his symptoms and make him comfortable.

Sux... he a great cat for the last 12 yrs.

This time last year, my long time cat was killed by some a$$hole's loose dog; she was 23 yrs old and couldn't get away.

:(

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Yup, lost a cat to that around 15 years ago... The vet at the time said it was probably due to fighting outside with another cat who was infected. Not sure if theories have changed since then, but it's why I'm glad that our current cats are all indoors only cats.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I worked at an animal shelter as part of a work study program back in the day. 90% of the strays brought in were put down because of feline Leuk. ****ing farmers would get tired of all their barn cats and bring in 20+ at a time. We had assembly line put-downs days when the tests came back and they almost always came back positive. Somber days those were.

Get yo kittehs vaccinated.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My special lady's cat has FIV. He's going on at least 13 years. He's a great little critter, and the only cat I actually like. He's like the Magic Johnson of the cat world.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
ghey buttsekz or sharing needles with the other kittys?

(I jest, no offense meant)

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Balling other kittenz bareback in the bath house before she adopted him.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
There is one thing I know you can do once Kitty starts living in suffering..... It involves a .38 and a shovel

I know thats harse, but I hate seeing animals/pets suffer. Sometimes its the best thing to do, you have to think and seperate whats best for the animal and wahts best for the owner.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
My former neighbor gave his 18y/o cat some pot laden kitty treats before taking him to the vet to get put down. I'm sure kitty felt no pain.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that cat was being put down. pot brownies are/were the least of his worries :rolleyes:
i'm pretty sure the point of his friend giving the cat the laced treats was to get it high before being put down; my point was that it wouldn't have had the desired effect (getting the cat high).

i've smoked with my cat many many times over the past 14 years. he seems to enjoy it to the point of coming to sit in my lap while i'm smoking. i'm pretty sure it has at least some of the desired effect. not saying that he gets as high as i do, but he surely feels something...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
i'm pretty sure the point of his friend giving the cat the laced treats was to get it high before being put down; my point was that it wouldn't have had the desired effect (getting the cat high).
So you're saying it didn't get high, but it died with the munchies?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hmmm this could be a good thing for Australias feral cat problem, do cats spread the Aids when they have a bit of lovin with another cat.

They are starting to get quite large and seem to take out a whole lot of local wildlife.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Hmmm this could be a good thing for Australias feral cat problem, do cats spread the Aids when they have a bit of lovin with another cat.

They are starting to get quite large and seem to take out a whole lot of local wildlife.
Feral cat problem??? Hire out the Ohio Police Department that went on safari yesterday. The'll make quick work of it.