Quantcast

I didn't mean to kill her...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
MudGrrl said:
yeah, that's what my ex thought when he pushed me down the stairs.

it's also apparently what he was thinking when he slammed me up against the wall, held me by my neck and punched me in the face.

now tell me who gets to decide who deserves a good beating.
I think I should get that honor.

Watch me decide in your case.

Yes, he deserves a better than good beating.

See I'm good at it.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
but that's the point....

HE
thought I deserved a beating.

a lot of people think that they can dole out justice, when in fact they can not separate their emotions from anything else.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
So what we need is a group of un-biased, third party beating deliverers. (Like the A-Team) That can come in to a situation, discuss the issue with both parties and make a decision on who gets the beating.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
DRB said:
I'm going to pretty much find him vile tomorrow as well.
My point is that executing him is a temporary feel good solution that doesn't really solve anything. There will be someone else down the road that we find equally as vile or worse.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Old Man G Funk said:
My point is that executing him is a temporary feel good solution that doesn't really solve anything. There will be someone else down the road that we find equally as vile or worse.
It will solve one thing.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Old Man G Funk said:
Why can't we kill him AND fix the root causes. I don't see the two as exclusive?

And individuals don't get to decide who gets a beating. That's what mobs, I mean juries, are for.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
fluff said:
I don't mean to diminish the crime, I just wonder about the future of the human race when I see stuff like this; wouldn't it have been less effort to heat his own sandwiches than to start throwing microwave ovens about?

I say microwave him on high for about 5 mins, let stand for 1 min and then bury.
people have been and will continue to do things just like this as long we exist. It sucks but it's part of the whole deal.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
ohio said:
Why can't we kill him AND fix the root causes. I don't see the two as exclusive?

And individuals don't get to decide who gets a beating. That's what mobs, I mean juries, are for.
The two aren't exclusive, per se. I see them as hypocritical though. He has to take responsibility by giving up his life, but we don't have to take responsibility for what we all have done as a society?

Plus, with the way the we dispense "justice", we have people that talk about dispensing beatings as some sort of justice. I know it is in jest, but I doubt that there isn't a kernel of truth to it, or that some people on this forum don't really believe that is the way to handle things.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ohio said:

Absolutely and if abuse is a cycle then we take him out of the loop and it is part of fixing the problem...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Old Man G Funk said:
He has to take responsibility by giving up his life, but we don't have to take responsibility for what we all have done as a society?
What have we done as a society that I need to take responsibility for?

Have we failed to stop the circle of abuse? But perhaps we can make amends but removing this particular abuser from society.

Seriously, what should we have done?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Old Man G Funk said:
The two aren't exclusive, per se. I see them as hypocritical though. He has to take responsibility by giving up his life, but we don't have to take responsibility for what we all have done as a society?

Plus, with the way the we dispense "justice", we have people that talk about dispensing beatings as some sort of justice. I know it is in jest, but I doubt that there isn't a kernel of truth to it, or that some people on this forum don't really believe that is the way to handle things.
I am not sure where my responsibility lies. Did I influence him to kill his partner over no provocation? The tv programs I watch, the music I listen to? Did I pay enough taxes to create social programs to help him?

I don't believe in the death penalty, but I do believe this person should receive the maximum sentence, life imprisonment with no parole.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MudGrrl said:
How about this:

never touch anyone in anger.

Men are victims of domestic violence too.
There are a few RM'ers which need to be punched in the face.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
sanjuro said:
I am not sure where my responsibility lies. Did I influence him to kill his partner over no provocation? The tv programs I watch, the music I listen to? Did I pay enough taxes to create social programs to help him?

I don't believe in the death penalty, but I do believe this person should receive the maximum sentence, life imprisonment with no parole.
You'll note that I explicitly said that he should get life in prison with no parole as well.

All of our responsibility lies with treating the causes, stopping the cycle of abuse. If you stop the abuse with more abuse, the circle continues, it is simply redirected.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Old Man G Funk said:
You'll note that her response was to a specific question by someone else. It's completely fallacious to imply that she thinks emotional abuse is OK.
Well it's not OK, but it sure is fun!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
fluff said:
I often touch myself in dismay. Is that ok?
As long as you understand you're only touching yourself because you deserve it and if you just behaved properly you wouldn't need to keep touching yourself for your own good.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
fluff said:
What have we done as a society that I need to take responsibility for?

Have we failed to stop the circle of abuse? But perhaps we can make amends but removing this particular abuser from society.

Seriously, what should we have done?
We can remove him from the circle of abuse without killing him and adding to the abuse that has already been done. You are all reacting to the absurdity of killing someone over a sandwich, but do we really know the whole story? Do we really think that everything was hunky dory, then she went to go get him a sandwich, she forgot to heat it up, and he just snapped and killed her? There's a lot more going on here.

He was probably abused as a child. He in turn probably abused her. Instead of spending billions of dollars on some stupid-assed war in Iraq, we (American society at least) could be spending money on programs that help victims of abuse so that they don't grow up to be murderers, or so they get out of the situation before they get murdered. That's just one suggestion.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Old Man G Funk said:
We can remove him from the circle of abuse without killing him and adding to the abuse that has already been done. You are all reacting to the absurdity of killing someone over a sandwich, but do we really know the whole story? Do we really think that everything was hunky dory, then she went to go get him a sandwich, she forgot to heat it up, and he just snapped and killed her? There's a lot more going on here.

He was probably abused as a child. He in turn probably abused her. Instead of spending billions of dollars on some stupid-assed war in Iraq, we (American society at least) could be spending money on programs that help victims of abuse so that they don't grow up to be murderers, or so they get out of the situation before they get murdered. That's just one suggestion.
:stupid:

Either that or he just REALLY wanted a warm sandwich, was technically illiterate and couldn't use a microwave. Or maybe he had great big fingers and couldn't press the little buttons. THAT'D be frustrating.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Old Man G Funk said:
And who gets to decide who needs to be punched in the face?
I think I suggested a few names, there would be a consensus agreement...