Quantcast

*(&(*& I don't feel tardy Thursday #**#*

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hows that going to ride compared to the Riot? Similar? Not that you have alternatives or anything.
We'll see. The Riot is not a bad bike but the extremely short stays are just not doing it for me in le rough. Interestingly the Mega geo is very similar to the Hightower so with a few tweaks, I should be in the ballpark. I am seeking a better pedaler, longer stays, longer reach, shorter head tube. And being able to run a coil shock is a nice bonus.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just looked at my bank and saw Verizon charged me for a month if services ai canceled. When I called, the phone tree kept kicking me out as "not a customer". So you call, hit 0 until someone picks up. Holy hell, people.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
We'll see. The Riot is not a bad bike but the extremely short stays are just not doing it for me in le rough. Interestingly the Mega geo is very similar to the Hightower so with a few tweaks, I should be in the ballpark. I am seeking a better pedaler, longer stays, longer reach, shorter head tube. And being able to run a coil shock is a nice bonus.
SC's new shock configuration definitely pedals better than the old one.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Officially no cancer, which is nice. A spreadsheet of preventative blood work and CT scans over the next 5 years, but if that's the worst that the future holds, I'll chug Barium Contrast with a smile on my face.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So I just got an out of the blue invitation to have drinks with a regional sales director for a major medical device manufacturer. Him, me, and a common friend who knows my sales background (business retention is sales). So... this guy is getting drinks tonight.
Guess we know "who you gotta blow" to get a job around here

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hmmmm, was hoping to go for a ride tonight, but its been raining for like 12 hours now. Don't think it'd be smart to go...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just had an interesting meeting. Super nice guy while we were just chatting he mentioned that he works every winter at Winter Park, so of course I asked what he does. Turns out he's a coach for Comp Center. He knows Haley and when I asked her if she knows Coach XYZ is, she said "of course. we ski with him all the time." Small, small world.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Picked up son from daycare and had to run into Ace Hardware real quick downtown for something. Son was having an epic meltdown, so I did what all good dads do and pretty much drag him in and ignore him. Sweetheart of a lady working there sees ongoing meltdown, and invites son into what I assume is the owner's office. The entire back wall, floor to ceiling, is a giant glass cabinet/display case filled with what I can only guess is several decades of Ace branded toy and model trains, cars, trucks and planes. She lets him pick out whatever one he wanted to play with for a little bit, then gave him one to take with him. Talked to him and calmed him down, we proceeded to get what I needed, pay and leave. As we are walking out the door, meltdown resumes.

Moral of the story: fuck kids.

(Hope that doesn't make the no context thread)

IMG_20210429_182318106_resize_81.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Picked up son from daycare and had to run into Ace Hardware real quick downtown for something. Son was having an epic meltdown, so I did what all good dads do and pretty much drag him in and ignore him. Sweetheart of a lady working there sees ongoing meltdown, and invites son into what I assume is the owner's office. The entire back wall, floor to ceiling, is a giant glass cabinet/display case filled with what I can only guess is several decades of Ace branded toy and model trains, cars, trucks and planes. She lets him pick out whatever one he wanted to play with for a little bit, then gave him one to take with him. Talked to him and calmed him down, we proceeded to get what I needed, pay and leave. As we are walking out the door, meltdown resumes.

Moral of the story: fuck kids.

(Hope that doesn't make the no context thread)

View attachment 159676
I have definitely purchased unnecessary hot wheels cars to quell a meltdown.