Quantcast

I don't like sponsorhouse.com

Sep 10, 2001
If you think you deserve so much for being fast, well look around... There are a lot of fast riders out there right now who aren't getting jack****. Why? Becuase there isn't all that much to go around right now... Telling people how fast you are and how much you deserve something will most likely keep you from getting it... But there is somebody out there who is almost as fast as you and they will be stoked to get anything they can.. A little help is a hell of a lot better than no help at all...

Brian

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
oh i appreciate what i have 1000000% and i work hard to be a good rider and i try my best everytime i ride, to represent the companies that do support me and for myself to be better...im just sayin if there were a kid like me w/o any support what so ever...help him out all you can rite>?

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
yeah, i don't mean to have a bad attitude. Most of everythign i say gets taken the wrong way and i appolagize for that...:-/ Of coarse liek you say anyhelp is good help and thats 100% true.

Sep 10, 2001
Just keep this in mind... Sponsorship is earned, not just given away. Look at the guys who have the good rides out there... They all had to pay their dues... Now there are some riders who may be real good, but since they choose to rage from the lip with verbal spewage, their 15 minutes of fame will be nothing but a jealious rant of how some riders are getting what he wishes he had...

Brian

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Brian Peterson said:
Just keep this in mind... Sponsorship is earned, not just given away. Look at the guys who have the good rides out there... They all had to pay their dues... Now there are some riders who may be real good, but since they choose to rage from the lip with verbal spewage, their 15 minutes of fame will be nothing but a jealious rant of how some riders are getting what he wishes he had...

Brian
exactly what I was thinking:thumb:...D

Uncle Jimmi

Chimp
Nov 17, 2005
Just think, if there is an average of 5 NBL tracks per state, with say 5 classes in each category (beginner, intermediate expert, and pro) and you took the top 3 riders from each one, there would be 15 thousand fast riders in the NBL alone.
It would cost over 5000$ in stamps not to mention the man hours just to send each one a letter saying thank you and congratulations. Just imagine how much it would cost to send each one a hat, t-shirt and stickers. They all deserve it don’t they?

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
On a somewhat related topic (not directly related to SH however)... there are three main things I don't get about sponsorship:
1. Why do so many people think they deserve it? Just cos you did ok in B-grade at a few local races? What do those sorts of riders REALLY offer their sponsors? Maybe a few token words of thanks if they pull a podium at some stage? Cos yeah everyone takes that sooo seriously. I can only begin to imagine the thousands of products that have been sold due to people saying "And I'd just like to thank ___, ___ and ___."
2. Why do companies sponsor those sorts of people anyway? I'm yet to see anyone say "Man, did you see that ___ that the guy who won Sport was riding? Those things must go HARD!" Yeah I can appreciate the talking-stuff-up side of things, but whatever... there are so many riders out there with completely different opinions that most semi-intelligent people don't take other people's opinions *too* seriously.
3. Why do companies sponsor so MANY riders? It seems to me that every man and his dog is looking for some sort of hookup - nobody ever pays retail prices to start with, and then heaps of people have connections somewhere that can get them stuff for cheap or at cost price or whatever. I can't see how this would really do much other than to force the people who aren't hooked up in some way to be subsidising the costs for the rest of us (assuming that the companies are still turning a profit despite giving so much stuff away and selling a lot for cheap). It also seems (to me - keep in mind that this is obviously just speculative thinking) that the mass-market low-grade sponsorship has to be hurting the sport at the top end. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money that was frittered away on a couple of dozen sport/expert/whatever riders, to pay/support one or two REALLY top riders who will get you true international exposure and stuff? I know a couple of guys here who are sponsored by a local bike importer (no need to mention names); they're just your typical mid-pack riders. The importer has basically dropped his profit (and possibly even actually lost money on these specific products) to get these guys riding for him... but when it comes down to it, nobody knows who they are or gives a toss either. Wow you got 8th in Expert, people are really going to sit up and take notice of that one. Again, what's the point? And again... no wonder the real top-end pros are struggling to make a living from sponsorship (in my little fantasy world anyway). For the record, I don't stand to gain anything by companies sponsoring less riders on a low-grade level, as I'm not anything special as a rider and never will be able to make money through sponsorship myself.

If I'm just being a total retard with these lines of thought, somebody kindly point it out please.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
thaflyinfatman said:
On a somewhat related topic (not directly related to SH however)... there are three main things I don't get about sponsorship:
1. Why do so many people think they deserve it? Just cos you did ok in B-grade at a few local races? What do those sorts of riders REALLY offer their sponsors? Maybe a few token words of thanks if they pull a podium at some stage? Cos yeah everyone takes that sooo seriously. I can only begin to imagine the thousands of products that have been sold due to people saying "And I'd just like to thank ___, ___ and ___."
2. Why do companies sponsor those sorts of people anyway? I'm yet to see anyone say "Man, did you see that ___ that the guy who won Sport was riding? Those things must go HARD!" Yeah I can appreciate the talking-stuff-up side of things, but whatever... there are so many riders out there with completely different opinions that most semi-intelligent people don't take other people's opinions *too* seriously.
3. Why do companies sponsor so MANY riders? It seems to me that every man and his dog is looking for some sort of hookup - nobody ever pays retail prices to start with, and then heaps of people have connections somewhere that can get them stuff for cheap or at cost price or whatever. I can't see how this would really do much other than to force the people who aren't hooked up in some way to be subsidising the costs for the rest of us (assuming that the companies are still turning a profit despite giving so much stuff away and selling a lot for cheap). It also seems (to me - keep in mind that this is obviously just speculative thinking) that the mass-market low-grade sponsorship has to be hurting the sport at the top end. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money that was frittered away on a couple of dozen sport/expert/whatever riders, to pay/support one or two REALLY top riders who will get you true international exposure and stuff? I know a couple of guys here who are sponsored by a local bike importer (no need to mention names); they're just your typical mid-pack riders. The importer has basically dropped his profit (and possibly even actually lost money on these specific products) to get these guys riding for him... but when it comes down to it, nobody knows who they are or gives a toss either. Wow you got 8th in Expert, people are really going to sit up and take notice of that one. Again, what's the point? And again... no wonder the real top-end pros are struggling to make a living from sponsorship (in my little fantasy world anyway). For the record, I don't stand to gain anything by companies sponsoring less riders on a low-grade level, as I'm not anything special as a rider and never will be able to make money through sponsorship myself.

If I'm just being a total retard with these lines of thought, somebody kindly point it out please.
It think your off on two things.

1.) Sponsors really don't get much bang for buck on anyone winning, that whole win on sunday sell on monday is really just a myth, or so all the research in the area says. Sponsors want people who will pimp there products to other, rep them well, the results are just a nice bonus. So that's why you see alot of guys farther back with good sponsorships they get that, and that's what they sell.

2.) Grassroots sponsorhips in a lot of cases don't cost the company anything, even if you get 50% off retail they are still making some money on the sale. Very few people are getting much free stuff these days, and even is the are, can spread 10k out pretty far and get alot of guys riding your stuff verses day one so-so pro.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
tacobelldhr said:
yeah, i don't mean to have a bad attitude. Most of everythign i say gets taken the wrong way and i appolagize for that...:-/ Of coarse liek you say anyhelp is good help and thats 100% true.
You can take this as advise or as a slam, it makes no difference to me.

When we get a "proposal" from a rider that wants us to sponsor him/her, wants product flowed to them or discount prices on product and he/she has grammar like this, it goes straight into the circular file cabinet. Pay a little more attention in school, your not going to be able to retire from riding your bike, at the least, learn to use spell check.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I have read over this entire post, I am not a huge fan of sponsorhouse, but I do think that it is an easy way to get in on some of the deals that are availible. Lets get real, in this country our sport is becoming a joke. The riders that spend all their time racing and traveling really are rarely compensated in their efforts. I have been around for several years and have had a great time, I really appreciate all thise who have helped me over the years and am still very humble and appreciative of my current sponsors. Go out and ride, make friends and work your social contacts. If this is not your prefered method than sign on with SH and let them pimp you. I find that if you are a little articulate and have a good sense of integrity than you will go far. One nitpick tho, don't make ANY excuses. If you crash, flat or are abducted by aliens don't post it on your resume' it looks really SH&TTY.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I know nothing about how sponsorhouse works, except I know 2 people that work there that are genuine 'good guys'. The only thing that keeps ringing true for the hate of SH in this thread is that sh!tty riders will get deals over talented riders, because they can pay for it through sponsorhouse??? While I do not know if this is true-it is a issue with all aspects of life that has gone on as long as time.

There are just many different ways to go about it, hell when I was racing, I always had the sweetest deals, much more than riders that could smoke me-because I could talk the talk and made it my mission to get to know the industry people. At the end of the day, if you are good enough and talented enough-the deals will come sooner or later and success will come. I do not think there are any Nicolas Vouilloz's or John Tomac's out there in MTB land that are undiscovered yet because some tool got a better deal via sponsorhouse.

Sick and in bed, so forgive the grammar flaws

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
BKQuill said:

When we get a "proposal" from a rider that wants us to sponsor him/her, wants product flowed to them or discount prices on product and he/she has grammar like this, it goes straight into the circular file cabinet. Pay a little more attention in school, your not going to be able to retire from riding your bike, at the least, learn to use spell check.
"more attention in school, you're not..."

Had to do it.:)

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Why do people care if some wanker that you smoked had better deals? If you are racing well and can write then you too can get sponsored. If you are an idiot and cannot write a proposal, perhaps the companies don't feel you can represent them other than saying, "bike ride good, really fast". Just a thought. We all throw so much money into the sport what does the 50 bucks for sponsorhouse matter. The team price is a bit high though...

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Peete said:
That's you're, not your.:nope:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Will you sponsor me?:D
I was just seeing if anyone was paying attention, yeah, that's it!
Of course I'll sponsor you Pete, only if you can bunny hop higher then Jeff D?

sayndesyn said:
"more attention in school, you're not..."

Had to do it.
I suppose I had that coming....:thumb:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
look at it this way, sponsorhouse is a bridge or toll road to sponsorship, you can drive the long way and go around or you can pay the toll and get to your destination much faster.

in california we have a toll road that is right beside the freeway same route one lane over, you pay different fee's at different times, i regularly save at least an hour, for on average $2.50.

if you add up the time and money spent on traditional resume..sponsorhouse makes sense.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I don't see why so many people complain about getting deals. This was my first season of racing and i came out at the end with a few great sponsors giving me half off and some giving me free stuff. I attained some through sponsorhouse and some through contacts. I'm greatful for the fact i can afford a new fullface for next season because i am getting some money off. Otherwise id be rocking my cracked vigor helmet again.

People expect handouts because they can do one trick, they raced once, etc. You gotta earn it. I didn't plan to find anything free and somehow i got lucky and im getting a few free things. Just work hard and you will get your stuff.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
profro said:
Some sponsors use SH, some don't. Thats double the price. :mumble:
your correct, and if the list of companies you want support from is on sponsorhouse then you will have to make a decision of what you would like to do.

it is a service and you do have a choice of not to use it, but to hate it like the thread topic is doesn't make sense.

i think as time goes on and companies figure out how much easier it makes the process the list of companies not on sponsorhouse will continue to get smaller.

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
BKQuill said:

Of course I have good grammar, and the ability to use it. When talking on a forum I type fast and carelessly, I don’t think other people talking to me about a subject “such as mountain biking” really care about my spelling. Guess you really do care since we are talking about it in a S/H thread, But if it does bother you I apologize and I will work on it. See I have already begun.:)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Eric,
I did learn one of my insiders in Moto told me flat out that they use Sponsorhouse just because they feel they should reward the company for thinking it up. They did indicate that the online shop had some negatives for them due to their low margins, but it was just an option, not a requirement.
To everybody else:
I've been racing for too many years at the "grassroots level" and I can fully understand the need for Sponsorhouse for most any company. Just our 6 man team making random bulk orders and 1 piece, 2 piece or warranty orders at the last minute must be a nightmare.

I can't imagine having to co-ordinate all that. If somebody offered to simplify it for me and condense it, I'd give 'em a cut too.

Heck, go down to Kinko's and print out a 5 page resume in color, package it up, mail it out and pay the postage, then make all the follow up calls if you think it's cheaper. Then come back here...post the math you spent to send out to 30 companies, the time spent in materials, labor and computer time, PLUS phones calls...then see how fast it adds up.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
bizutch said:
Eric,
I did learn one of my insiders in Moto told me flat out that they use Sponsorhouse just because they feel they should reward the company for thinking it up. They did indicate that the online shop had some negatives for them due to their low margins, but it was just an option, not a requirement.
To everybody else:
I've been racing for too many years at the "grassroots level" and I can fully understand the need for Sponsorhouse for most any company. Just our 6 man team making random bulk orders and 1 piece, 2 piece or warranty orders at the last minute must be a nightmare.

I can't imagine having to co-ordinate all that. If somebody offered to simplify it for me and condense it, I'd give 'em a cut too.

Heck, go down to Kinko's and print out a 5 page resume in color, package it up, mail it out and pay the postage, then make all the follow up calls if you think it's cheaper. Then come back here...post the math you spent to send out to 30 companies, the time spent in materials, labor and computer time, PLUS phones calls...then see how fast it adds up.
You understand the demand of doing these programs as some might not. Sponsorhouse as a tool is going to help me handle the load of sponsorship request so much that i wouldn't be able to do the mongoose tribe without it.
As a soon to be grassroots team owner and account holder i like the fact that it levels the playing field why shouldn't everyone have the same chance?
It’s up to each company to separate the riders, with my team account i can put my settings to meet specific criteria and if a team or rider doesn't meet that i don't have to spend time to find the the things that i'm looking for.
There are thousands of request that come in to teams and companies. With the traditional resume way each one has different things in different spots, with sponsorhouse it is all in the same spot, which makes the whole process much faster.
Everyone gets a response yes or no and then it's up to the comapny to create a personal relationship with the rider they have choosen to accept...... if thats how they choose to run the program.
For me i can direct more time to my riders and less time to a rider who doesn't fit the criteria.
In the end if you’re a team/ rider that meets the criteria you’re the one who benefits.
No one should hate sponsorhouse for the way a company within the system manages it's business and sponosrship.
The fact is most companies when they learn how it works can’t believe it hasn’t been done sooner. It really enables the companies to be better sponsors to the riders they support.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I think it is the fact that people out there give themselves TOO MUCH CREDIT. They honestly think their contributions to the sport are so far and above what somebody right next to them ....or on the other side of the country...is doing, that they deserve more or better support for their efforts.

One thing I would like to see from Sponsorhouse, and I'll mention this to Big House to see what he thinks...is an East Coast program. All of the MTB companies ship from Taiwan all their parts so shipping costs are cheaper for them to operate from the West Coast so sponsorship opportunities seem to have a "trickle down" effect to the East Coast.

I truly believe that MTB would be better represented if there was an "East Coast" program and a "West Coast" program with a rider rep and package that addressed the truly different scene on the lesser coast.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
A couple of thoughts regarding Sponsorhouse.

First- If you do not work at a LBS It gives you the opportunity to get pro/dealer pricing if you get an offer.

Second - If you need to put together an online printable resume, $60 is not a bad deal.

We signed up as an experiment. We have submitted proposals directly and thru S/H. (not to the same co's of course)

Nothing beats developing a direct relationship, but sponsorhouse offers the masses an easy alternative that shouldnt be ignored.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
stoney98 said:
13. I am a maven regarding bikes.
14. My sponsors know that I am a maven regarding bikes, and people listen to mavens......
whoa...had to check the dictionary on this one...I thought this was a Maven...

...apparently it means "expert".....:)

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Yikes! I disappear for 24 hours and look what ensues.

In a way, I think some of the replies in this post almost help make my point. Look at the number of people and kids that have made unconstructive criticism, spelling errors, and other claims that they deserve sponsorship. Some of which I am sure use sponsorhouse and get thrown at the very least some sort of deal out of it.
i.e. - "My results are better than this kids and he gets deals," I cringe at garbage like that, and it seems like every year I hear more and more bitching (especially in the ever growing Jr. classes) and that stupid wannabe-punk-scenester-high-school attitude instead of people that like having fun and in general a good time.

Someone pointed out that my beef should be with the companies that are exclusively using sponsorhouse and not the service itself. That's a good point and I have voiced my dissapointment to these companies and looking at the overal tonality of my posts I can see that it looks like I am laying most of the blame on sponsorhouse. However, I still disagree with the means in which they provide their service.

I'm not going to argue anymore about this. I think all the good points from both sides have been stated.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BC VAN said:
your correct, and if the list of companies you want support from is on sponsorhouse then you will have to make a decision of what you would like to do.

it is a service and you do have a choice of not to use it, but to hate it like the thread topic is doesn't make sense.

i think as time goes on and companies figure out how much easier it makes the process the list of companies not on sponsorhouse will continue to get smaller.
I choose not to ask for support even though I had deals with them last year. I made my mind up to resuse the equipment I got last year.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I seem to be the only one who is able to see past tacobelldhers grammar and sarcastic tone. What he is saying makes perfect sense to me, and is the reason I am against 'hand out' sponsorships. If the kid is traveling to different parts of the US, placing top 5 in JRX at nmbs races, and yet beginner class racers have more sponsorships than he does, how is that right? Sponsorship shouldn't be about signing up for a website and competing for sponsorships with the neatest myspace.

There are a number of arguments I agree with. Sponsorships are like scholarships; they are out there, but you have to hunt them down, not the other way around. I agree that a proposal should be presentable, well written, and free of spelling error. I also agree representing your sponsor is just as important as pulling results. My question is this; where do companies draw the line when handing out these 'sponsorships'? How well is a beginner racer going to market company product? I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly don't take advice from some blowhard talking about his new handlebars in the parking lot. There is no integrity left in saying "I'm sponsored," and I blame it completely on grassroots programs. In snowboarding, companies don't just hand out sponsorships to any kid who can make it down to the bottom. Its like that with any other sport, and just about everything else I can think of as well. People who didn't finish high school don't get desk jobs making 50k a year because they applied for the job. However, I seem to be the only one in this thread using this logic.

Honestly, I think the best way to distribute sponsorships would be; Eliminating all grassroots sponsorships, and giving better deals only to the people who are pulling in high ranking results, are knowledgeable about the product they ride, and are friendly. I would be more inclined to buy a product after speaking with an individual described above, than listening to some kid who paid $50 to join SH.

richhouseman

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Temecula
I have to say that it’s pretty cool so many people are talking about SponsorHouse. We’re making huge strides towards revolutionizing the way athletes connect with sponsors. It’s feedback like this that allows us to make our service better.

SponsorHouse is evolving every year, and we’re always looking for ways to make the service better. Our intention is not to ‘monopolize’ sponsorship, but rather to provide a place that helps riders promote themselves, build their own value and connect with sponsors.

FEW things we’d like to clarify:

1) Price –People who have seen our site will realize that there are service options on our site for riders ranging from Free to Premium. This year, we made it so that if riders truly wanted to work with only 1 company, they could for Free.

Back to the original post:
Sign up for a free account, you get a profile and can submit your request to Hayes. It won’t cost you anything and at least this way you’ll be able to see how the site works. If you need more deals or want better exposure, then upgrade. Mailing information to companies the ‘old-fashioned’ way isn’t free either. If you’re going to do it, do it right! Build a professional proposal, print it in color at Kinko’s and mail via FedEx and this can easily add up to $15 per proposal. Think about how many companies you want to contact and multiply by $15 and you’ll see our service isn’t such a bad deal.

Regarding team prices, we’re open for ideas and have noted everything mentioned.

2) Types of Deals / Inaccurate Info – We are just the connection point. We don’t have control over the level of deals or even the accuracy of the information riders post. Companies still individually select riders they want to work with and at what level they want to commit to.

Regarding abusing the system, people who lie usually get weeded out (or ratted out) by other riders and sponsors. This could just as easily happen the old fashioned way with mail. At least on SponsorHouse the community can help police itself so the bad seeds are found and exposed.

I'd like to thank every single rider on here for the comments they shared on SponsorHouse. We/I take into consideration many different scenarios that could arise, and also listen to what the riders and companies themselves have to say.
After working here for over 2 years, we've certainly come a long way! The truth is we've only scratched the surface!

Please continue to send feedback to support@sponsorhouse.com.

Also please check out my SponsorHouse Profile: http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/rhouseman1

Thanks.
Rich Houseman
888-874-3374

Attachments

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Good reply. Thank you for the professional response.

I have a couple of questions:

1) If I am racing moto and DH, do I need two sponsorhouse accounts?

2) I have heard many complaints from my moto racing buddies that potential sponsors do not respond to sponsorship request through Sponsorhouse. Do you track the number of non responding companies?

Sep 10, 2001
I can tell you this... Sponsorhouse sends out weekly updates to the companies telling how many requsts they have. Plus, on the mountain bike side of things, I have had Rich call me personally when I am running behind, like I was earlier in the year getting the 06 grassroots structure set up, to remind me that I hadn't updated my info...

Brian

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Banshee Rider said:
I seem to be the only one who is able to see past tacobelldhers grammar and sarcastic tone. What he is saying makes perfect sense to me, and is the reason I am against 'hand out' sponsorships. If the kid is traveling to different parts of the US, placing top 5 in JRX at nmbs races, and yet beginner class racers have more sponsorships than he does, how is that right? Sponsorship shouldn't be about signing up for a website and competing for sponsorships with the neatest myspace.

There are a number of arguments I agree with. Sponsorships are like scholarships; they are out there, but you have to hunt them down, not the other way around. I agree that a proposal should be presentable, well written, and free of spelling error. I also agree representing your sponsor is just as important as pulling results. My question is this; where do companies draw the line when handing out these 'sponsorships'? How well is a beginner racer going to market company product? I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly don't take advice from some blowhard talking about his new handlebars in the parking lot. There is no integrity left in saying "I'm sponsored," and I blame it completely on grassroots programs. In snowboarding, companies don't just hand out sponsorships to any kid who can make it down to the bottom. Its like that with any other sport, and just about everything else I can think of as well. People who didn't finish high school don't get desk jobs making 50k a year because they applied for the job. However, I seem to be the only one in this thread using this logic.

Honestly, I think the best way to distribute sponsorships would be; Eliminating all grassroots sponsorships, and giving better deals only to the people who are pulling in high ranking results, are knowledgeable about the product they ride, and are friendly. I would be more inclined to buy a product after speaking with an individual described above, than listening to some kid who paid $50 to join SH.
You make it sound as if getting sponsors is some sort of competition. Why do you care how many sponsors someone else has? Why does it matter if some kid who doesn't have a clue about anything biking related gets 10% off a product. Big deal. If they are not a good representative of a company, that's their problem.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Brian Peterson said:
I can tell you this... Sponsorhouse sends out weekly updates to the companies telling how many requsts they have. Plus, on the mountain bike side of things, I have had Rich call me personally when I am running behind, like I was earlier in the year getting the 06 grassroots structure set up, to remind me that I hadn't updated my info...

Brian
You are one badass sponsorship cordinator.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
tacobelldhr said:
Of course I have good grammar, and the ability to use it. When talking on a forum I type fast and carelessly, I don’t think other people talking to me about a subject “such as mountain biking” really care about my spelling. Guess you really do care since we are talking about it in a S/H thread, But if it does bother you I apologize and I will work on it. See I have already begun.:)
Jake, I like your grammar useage (or not useage) but writing in clear and coherent sentences helps get your point across. Better grammar makes it easier to get your point across, but noone is expecting you to be perfect.

To anyone who hates Jr.'s and our mission to get more sponsorships. We're poor, make minimum wage, and need all the help we can get. We are the future of the sport whether you like it or not, and having fun is just part of the game. If you think it's all about sponsorships and being "cool" it's not for us. Come stand at the top of a hill at a National before Jr.X's go off and it's serious business. Everyone must remember were just kids and we love having fun riding bikes and just goofing around, but once it's race to it's business time.

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
The most important thing "i think" that s/h is trying to accomplish "and doing very well" is that they are helping the kid's that are just starting, and really appreciate all the help they can get to move up. That's what is most important in this sport is younger kid's

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
tacobelldhr said:
The most important thing "i think" that s/h is trying to accomplish "and doing very well" is that they are helping the kid's that are just starting, and really appreciate all the help they can get to move up. That's what is most important in this sport is younger kid's
No, what is most important are the middle aged doctors and lawyers who pay full retail for complete bikes without even batting an eye. They race sport class on the weekends, or just ride their $3000 bikes on the trails near their homes. Don't fool yourself, Junior X racer's are not as important as you'd like to think.