Quantcast

I experienced a new low today

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Today I caught a fellow human being taking a crap in the street in front of my office.

I own a catering/delivery company and my wife and I were loading up some bags into the back of her Ford Focus in preparation for a 30 pizza delivery [we were going to get the pizza from one of our partner restaurants]. On my 2nd trip out of the office, bags in hand, I start to get a whiff of the nastiest, port-a-potty-ish smell I've ever experienced in the area. I looked at the ground beside her car and at first I thought a piece of cardboard was possibly covering some dog turds.

But I kept walking about 8 feet and then I saw this low-life waste of a person crouching in the corner taking a dump. This guy had to be at least 55-60 years old and was bent over leaning on his cane. I started yelling at him as loud as possible and incorporating every swear word that I could think of.

He was trying to make excuses as to why he was there, but what excuse could you possibly make in this situation?!? Someone just caught you taking a dump on a public street. After I got done yelling and swearing, I look around me and there are about 10-12 other people looking at this guy. They guy starts mumbling and talking about he'll come back tomorrow to clean it up. :crazy:

I go inside and have an employee call the cops and then I go back outside and he's still there. I start yelling again and it takes every bit of restraint I have not to beat him with his own cane. The cops came but couldn't find him. Later when I got done with the delivery (and my nerves calmed down a bit) I came back and got my car and as I was driving away I saw him sitting in a park just down the street. I stopped at the police station on my way home and I'm not sure what they said to him, but they assured me that he wouldn't do that again. I've caught several of his cohorts going #1 in the street and had to yell at them but this guy was a first for me.

And the worst part??? The cops told me that I would have to clean it up!

Apparently the sanitation department won't come out for this type of thing even though it's on a public street. So that's what I have to look foward to tomorrow at work. :banghead:

I have a staff of almost 20 people - how can I ask them to come to work in this kind of environment? I can't wait to find a new office.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Wow! That's so crazy.
Sounds hectic. Who knows, maybe you'll be on the newest Viva la Bam, or Jackass, or Wildboys, or Dudesons, or whatever show that they try to make...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
that f*cked up, but on the split side I kinda feel sorry for the guy.....can you imagine being 60 and living on the street?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
you wouldn't survive a minute in san francisco or berkeley. On my walk to work I see no less than 2 fresh shats/day. The streets get more urine than rain in the summer.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When I was little, I saw a kid on my block take a dump in the street.

Still remember it. You don't forget that kind of thing.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Today I caught a fellow human being taking a crap in the street in front of my office.

I own a catering/delivery company and my wife and I were loading up some bags into the back of her Ford Focus in preparation for a 30 pizza delivery [we were going to get the pizza from one of our partner restaurants]. On my 2nd trip out of the office, bags in hand, I start to get a whiff of the nastiest, port-a-potty-ish smell I've ever experienced in the area. I looked at the ground beside her car and at first I thought a piece of cardboard was possibly covering some dog turds.

But I kept walking about 8 feet and then I saw this low-life waste of a person crouching in the corner taking a dump. This guy had to be at least 55-60 years old and was bent over leaning on his cane. I started yelling at him as loud as possible and incorporating every swear word that I could think of.

He was trying to make excuses as to why he was there, but what excuse could you possibly make in this situation?!? Someone just caught you taking a dump on a public street. After I got done yelling and swearing, I look around me and there are about 10-12 other people looking at this guy. They guy starts mumbling and talking about he'll come back tomorrow to clean it up. :crazy:

I go inside and have an employee call the cops and then I go back outside and he's still there. I start yelling again and it takes every bit of restraint I have not to beat him with his own cane. The cops came but couldn't find him. Later when I got done with the delivery (and my nerves calmed down a bit) I came back and got my car and as I was driving away I saw him sitting in a park just down the street. I stopped at the police station on my way home and I'm not sure what they said to him, but they assured me that he wouldn't do that again. I've caught several of his cohorts going #1 in the street and had to yell at them but this guy was a first for me.

And the worst part??? The cops told me that I would have to clean it up!

Apparently the sanitation department won't come out for this type of thing even though it's on a public street. So that's what I have to look foward to tomorrow at work. :banghead:

I have a staff of almost 20 people - how can I ask them to come to work in this kind of environment? I can't wait to find a new office.
Cry me a river. I've seen people shooting up on the curb in Baltimore, and I've cleaned out dilapidated crack houses in Camden, new jersey. It seems to me you need to experience some of the harder side of the life and toughen up your skin.

Its a turd. Let it sit in the sun for a couple days and scoop the bitch up with a shovel. End of the problem.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
you wouldn't survive a minute in san francisco or berkeley. On my walk to work I see no less than 2 fresh shats/day. The streets get more urine than rain in the summer.
Seriously.

You live in Asheville...hippie town=encrusted bums who **** in the street.

Life is an amalgamation of trade-offs. You have encountered one such transaction.

It's just poo, not a dead body.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm telling you: none of you have seen someone sh*t in the streets. Only drkenan and I know the horror.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I poo in the street all the time.

Then again I am Sagittarian - half man, half horse. I have a licence to poo in the street.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I think it's more a commentary on the fact that someone would just poop right on the street, in full view. More of a our society has gone to crap statement.

I've pooped in the woods, but never on pavement. I need more privacy.

Find his park bench and upper deck it.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Cry me a river. I've seen people shooting up on the curb in Baltimore, and I've cleaned out dilapidated crack houses in Camden, new jersey. It seems to me you need to experience some of the harder side of the life and toughen up your skin.

Its a turd. Let it sit in the sun for a couple days and scoop the bitch up with a shovel. End of the problem.
That's why I CHOOSE not to live in Baltimore. When you're finished being tough and cool, cleaning your crack houses and watching people shoot up, you can go back to your office/home where there's probably NOT people ****ting outside in the street.

I actually deal with the homeless every day and my landlord and I employ 2 or 3 of them from time to time. But not this disrespectful fvck who decided to take a crap OUTSIDE OF MY BUSINESS DURING BUSINESS HOURS.

I was venting a frustration that occurred at work today and this piece of sh1t Dan Wask actually neg repped me for it:

"aweee mommy never told you thered be homeless vagrants in the city "

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
FWIW I understand that in larger cities, human feces is a way of life. But - again - if you guys came across this in the street in front of YOUR business you'd probably want to do something about it too.

It's not as easy to dismiss when your people are trying to come and go and there's $$$ on the line.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
But not this disrespectful fvck who decided to take a crap OUTSIDE OF MY BUSINESS DURING BUSINESS HOURS.
I know you're mad, but the guy was probably mentally ill and may not have comprehended what was going on. The vast majority of homeless people have mental issues and don't have access to the proper medications. Maybe your sidewalk looked like a mighty fine place to lay a log...still sucks you have to clean it up, power washer?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I know you're mad, but the guy was probably mentally ill and may not have comprehended what was going on. The vast majority of homeless people have mental issues and don't have access to the proper medications. Maybe your sidewalk looked like a mighty fine place to lay a log...still sucks you have to clean it up, power washer?
If I had a power washer or even a water hose at the office, this wouldn't have been the big deal that it is.

And everyone keeps mentioning that this guy is mentally ill or feeling sorry for him for being homeless. I'm not convinced that this guy was either. He was very coherent and could speak clearly. Even if he were, apparently we have excellent free healthcare that's setting a benchmark for other cities around the country. So it's not like there's not help out there for him.

Another reason that I'm so ticked about this is because it's something I have to deal with almost on a daily basis. Just a few days ago, I'm sitting in the office and some dude who had been drinking down the street stumbles right in front of the window and starts blowing serious chunks. Again, it's during business hours and I have to go outside (on a public street) and clean up human waste.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Living in SF and Boston I've seen this probably six times or so over the years, along with all sorts of other nasty things. It's not something you get used to or can easily accept and I would probably be pretty angry if it was in front of my business during business hours. Don't blame yah for venting but it's an ugly part of life in a busy city.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I was venting a frustration that occurred at work today and this piece of sh1t Dan Wask actually neg repped me for it:

"aweee mommy never told you thered be homeless vagrants in the city "
I love the irony.

So heres my beef: At 18 I've seen some gnarly ****, and in saying that, I'm not trying to be "tough" or "cool", I'm merely attempting to illustrate a point. I'd hazard a guess that all of us have seen something similar happen in our lives, perhaps some even see something like this happen on a regular basis.

However, the difference between US and YOU (and ultimately the reason why I negged yo ass) is this:
YOU go and "vent" about how terrible it is seeing a dude take a dump in front of your place of buisness, and continue on in your venting to the point where you condemn the individual doing the dumping.

Myself, and other people who actually have a set, take it for what it is; A poop. I may at the time of the incident go "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THAT MAN IS TAKING A DUMP" but I'm not going to attack the guy on the interweb.

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
YOU go and "vent" about how terrible it is seeing a dude take a dump in front of your place of buisness, and continue on in your venting to the point where you condemn the individual doing the dumping.
Wait...I'm confused. So a guy that takes a sh1t in a public street doesn't deserved to be condemned for his actions? If you had to smell it at your job, you'd probably feel differently.

And what's wrong with venting a little frustration in The Lounge section of RM? Every other post is like that, mine just involves human feces. Jeez - I just can't see the justification for the neg rep.