Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wow. For a poor guy, you sure have a nice bike. Glad you need my tax dollars to pay for your education since you can't afford it...

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Wow. For a poor guy, you sure have a nice bike. Glad you need my tax dollars to pay for your education since you can't afford it...
It's a new frame fork and chain.

Now please keep your judgments to yourself. You can be an ass and poke fun at my but don't act like you know the first thing about me. Douche

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How are they ignorant. You have, on multiple occasions on this forum, stated the the government should provide free college educations to those who can not afford schooling on their own. If you take money from a grant or scholarship due to need, then have the money to buy a new frame, fork, and chain, how truly in need are you?

**nice edit taking ignorant out. too bad I didn't quote you.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
How are they ignorant. You have, on multiple occasions on this forum, stated the the government should provide free college educations to those who can not afford schooling on their own. If you take money from a grant or scholarship due to need, then have the money to buy a new frame, fork, and chain, how truly in need are you?

**nice edit taking ignorant out. too bad I didn't quote you.
Well for one, I have not taken a single dollar of financial aid from the government. I am working very hard so I don't have to. I don't think the government to provide an education just to those who can't afford it but to every one.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Idiot isn't the word, but i'm not ganna get into that with you
So you were then? Part of the something like half of the people detained who aren't Cal students?

And congrats on not taking out govt funds. You just notched up the pole a bit.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So you were then? Part of the something like half of the people detained who aren't Cal students?

And congrats on not taking out govt funds. You just notched up the pole a bit.
I was there yes. Yea, allot of them were JC students bound for Cal who now are not bound for cal. They cut like 10 percent of the classes at my school for spring semester. It's not just Cal students getting screwed.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was there yes. Yea, allot of them were JC students bound for Cal who now are not bound for cal. They cut like 10 percent of the classes at my school for spring semester. It's not just Cal students getting screwed.
Well, back down again. As a Cal student that had to take a final while protesters were banging drums at Wheeler in 2002, I do not support your cause.

10% of your classes were cut and you are only bound for Cal... Give yourself more options. Also, option one would have been to go straight to college, not JC. Good grades in high school can make that happen. You might not get where you wanted, but you move forward.

I wanted to go to UCSD and major in bioengineering. I didn't get in there, but I did Cal. Took the hand dealt to me and made the best of it.

And you can probably safely assume that you won't ever get into Cal if you were one of the non-Cal students arrested or detained when the police came in.:thumb:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Well, back down again. As a Cal student that had to take a final while protesters were banging drums at Wheeler in 2002, I do not support your cause.

10% of your classes were cut and you are only bound for Cal... Give yourself more options. Also, option one would have been to go straight to college, not JC. Good grades in high school can make that happen. You might not get where you wanted, but you move forward.

I wanted to go to UCSD and major in bioengineering. I didn't get in there, but I did Cal. Took the hand dealt to me and made the best of it.

And you can probably safely assume that you won't ever get into Cal if you were one of the non-Cal students arrested or detained when the police came in.:thumb:
Disrupting people's classes is never acceptable. EVER, other peoples actions are not mine though

Don't think I haven't explored other options. While I didn't get into cal from high school, I did get into several other schools. There were 3 viable options for me 1) take on mounds of debt to finish school. I'm not sure how old you are but I would be willing to put money that the cost of my education (after being adjusted for inflation) is several times the cost of yours. I could have joined the military and had the government pay for my school. Or I could go to JC, work hard to get nearly perfect grades, and transfer to CAL while staying at home so I could can come out of school with no debt.

Well good thing I wasn't arrested or detained.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Given the inflation of the dollar in the last year, I'd be willing to put big money that my education cost more. Cal 98-03. Costs have gone up, but not that much.

As for going into debt, education is an increased return debt (unlike cars or toys). Getting it increases your likelihood of making more money in the long run. Your plan does sound well thought out though. Credit where it is due.

Good Job on staying out of trouble, however for someone who wants to go to Cal as bad as you have stated, that was a VERY poor decision. Are you willing to risk everything that you have worked for? I understand that you are of the heavy left, hoorah make it fair persuasion, but life isn't fair and bitching wont change it. Dont risk what you have worked for over a fit of anger. Cost increases suck, but think of it this way. At least you don't have overhead of debt and no job. There are a lot of people in the bay area who are far worse off than you. Again, take the cards you are dealt and make the best of them.