Quantcast

I feel "handy"

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
And you know what they say (well at least for guys, dunno about girls), if they don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy...

Okay stupid saying considering I'm a girl...but anyways...I'm not a very "handy" kinda girl - I just like to pretend I am.

My cat has eaten away all of the strings for my blinds in my apt...so you can't close them, because the strings are too short....

I bought a big thing of string, a huge long needle, and these gold rings for the ends...and I re-strung two sets of blinds tonight!!!! :eek:

I'm feeling rather proud of myself...I think my phase of making beaded necklaces like a fiend as a kid lent itself well to my new-found talent.

Mostly the desire to fix the damned things comes from the fact that I wanna move the hell outta this place, but I sure as hell don't want the bloody complex trying to charge me double the cost of each blind when I move out.

Anyways, just thought I'd share...tomorrow I have to start in on the sets of blinds that have more than two pull strings (more like 4 or 5...:dead: ).

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Oh - and I couldn't ride tonight :(...I worked too late again...I hate being a workaholic...but, the end is in sight...and oh baby, that rosy sunrise peaking over the horizon never looked so amazing! 5-6 months, I'll make it...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Oh ya...and I made my first long island tonight...all by myself - cuz I really haven't been sleeping since I heard that cat killed in the woods behind my place the other night...okay...yes the cat is dead, no that's not the only reason I'm a constant unhealthy insomniac...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
chicodude01 said:
I like cheese.
Me too! though I'm strangely skeptical you say this in order to get me to continue on my drunken talkative rant here...

I just had a delicious ham and turkey sandwich that had the tastiest swiss and harvarti combo...yum!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Jr_Bullit said:
Me too! though I'm strangely skeptical you say this in order to get me to continue on my drunken talkative rant here...

I just had a delicious ham and turkey sandwich that had the tastiest swiss and harvarti combo...yum!

I cooked an AWSOME grilled turkey sandwich yesterday at work. Turkey....Cheese... :drool:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
ever try to follow a conversation and wonder what the heck is going on???? yeah this is one of them... my condolenses to the cat lol

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This is the first drunken ramble that I've ever seen Jr_B go on... Interesting... Well, it's the morning now, and after drinking last night, the question is, did you wake up alone? :devil:

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
My cat love's to drool on thing, it's actually realy gross cus I will go to pick up somthing and their will be drool all over it, she's worse than my dog

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jr_Bullit said:

when some people get drunk they become mean/nasty, others laugh at everything, some get horny.............and some like to ramble on RM

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
lovebunny said:
so oyur cat died? bummer
No - not my cat - a cat, if it was my cat I'd be very distraught. :) Just the sounds of the other cat being chased by something big and predatory, getting caught, ...ya, enough of that. Use your imagination. My ears were not pleased.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
binary visions said:
This is the first drunken ramble that I've ever seen Jr_B go on... Interesting... Well, it's the morning now, and after drinking last night, the question is, did you wake up alone? :devil:
Nope - I woke up with my cat sitting on my chest and staring at my face....:eek: !

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
douglas said:
when some people get drunk they become mean/nasty, others laugh at everything, some get horny.............and some like to ramble on RM
Only when you're at home alone after a long day of work with nothing but a cat and a pair of blinds to talk to ;). When I'm with my sweetie, very different story ;).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jr_Bullit said:
Nope - I woke up with my cat sitting on my chest and staring at my face....:eek: !
At least you know the cat won't tell all his friends at the bar about the drunk chick he went to bed with last night.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Andyman_1970 said:
What's up with you ladies and insomnia? Seriously, my wife has not slept through the night in like 3-4 years...............
My mom's the same way. I think, for me at least, it's my inability to "turn off" the thinking switch.

I also stopped sleeping through the night steadily after coming home and finding the doors open on my place (after I'd been gone a weekend). Even with the locks changed and lots of internal deadbolts to lock behind me...it is still hard to fall back asleep if some noise manages to wake me up.