Quantcast

I feel like a dork (Leadville/TCF related)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
So you may recall my post about choosing between one or the other a bit ago, as I want to celebrate Alaina's 18th in a special way. Though I have yet to hear back from TCF, I received an email from Leadville saying........

I WAS SELECTED FOR 2016!!!!!

Mind you, when I filled out the form, I stated at the end that, though I was sending it in, I also asked NOT to be selected, as I was already informed by work (found out after mailing that the time is fully booked with functions I need to be available for) that I would not be able to attend. I'm a jackass for taking their time and a spot for another rider.

I'm at a loss for words, as being selected is such a high point for me, yet also know to back out may put me in their "don't select in the future" list.

What have I put myself in to????????????????????????????????

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What have I put myself in to????????????????????????????????
The situation one finds themselves in when they submit an application. I can't say for sure, as its purely hypothetical at this point, but it might have been easier not to be selected if you didn't submit an application in the first place. That's pure conjecture of course.

;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you are up for such a task may I recommend the SM100. Yes there are a few fire road climbs, but trust me you don't want 14,000 or so feet of technical single track climbing. I can assure you the downhills are spectacular.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
The situation one finds themselves in when they submit an application. I can't say for sure, as its purely hypothetical at this point, but it might have been easier not to be selected if you didn't submit an application in the first place. That's pure conjecture of course.

;)
The simplest hindsight is to not have sent the app. OR..... is being selected their way of helping me celebrate, as they were informed in writing I didn't want to be selected??

Sounds like its time to find a new job.
So true, though in this area, to make a decent living, food/beverage service, card dealing, or owning my own successful business are the better options, unless....... lottery.

I doubt that Leadville would be worthy of your time. Unless you really like riding on dirt roads for a long time...
Understood, yet it is one of the closer, it is a bucket-list event for me, and I like the altitude it goes to.