Quantcast

I Felt 14 Y.O. Again Wednesday GMT

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Man, I was hoping we were done with the rain here, but in the last few days we’ve had another atmospheric river doing a number on us. Down in the south island they’re getting smashed. It’s raining heavily here too, but Nelson and the west coast have been heavily flooded. There’s been a slight pause today, and some has subsided, but it’s forecast to be wet af again over the weekend. :(

1F5A764B-CC68-42BF-9593-D14B9BC3A5DB.jpeg

486043A5-3A8D-4A3D-A3DB-0DBB80F456DA.jpeg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The Northman = terrible film
I disagree. It was weird. But so much less weird than The Lighthouse! I enjoyed them both, even though I don't think I'll ever watch the latter again.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The Northman = terrible film
Huh. I didn't think so. It just seemed fairly pedestrian action/adventure Vikingwank fare, for Robert Eggers. His production and worldbuilding just got lost in the hack and slash.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So, last evening’s ride was spicy. I was road riding (trespassing) on a stupid fancy private road here in town tonight. It has an 1100ft climb, with amazing pavement, perfect switchbacks, and no traffic. However, it is a poach. I had never been hassled there, but friends have. Anyhoo, at the very top, the road continues after a chained off barrier. There is a property up there that recently sold for many millions for just raw dirt. Anyhoo, the road climbs a few hundred feet, then goes around the top of the Butte and out of sight…but only for a short way. So, I am above the chain section, and I look back, and I see a local rent-a-cop Jeep with his very intimidating lights on, going through the gate.
just so happens at the top there is very tall sage. I found the deepest patch, waited for him to drive by….and then got on my bike, and went hell bound for leather back down the road, around the chain, and all the way back down into town. I knew he would never catch me, but I think I got a top five or ten Strava time (I previously had the 10 trophy).
Anyway, it was epic fun, feeling like a hoodlum on a $6k bike.
Good morning!
Yep

Sounds like my wednesdays

wonder if there's a motion sensor on the road

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Para 3 in S45VN. Got some burgundy replacement scales to swap in. Should make for another solid user.

You?
Fiddleback Shogun in 8670 / Koa. Should make for another solid drawer queen, although I don't have many blades in that length so it may see some actual use, too. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fiddleback Shogun in 8670 / Koa. Should make for another solid drawer queen, although I don't have many blades in that length so it may see some actual use, too. :D
What in the FUCK are you bloke doing with all these knives? And I'm just talking about the ones that "see some actual use."

You know what. Never mind. I don't want to know.

:panic: