Quantcast

I finally saw it

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Skookum
Dude you are out of frikkin control!! i luv it.:D
i'm packin a lime green squirt gun in my CamelBak someday i'll bust it out and show it to you.:)
One of these days I'll have to take you to the gravel pits for a demo, just don't freak like Ummbikes did. :D

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by Serial Midget
One of these days I'll have to take you to the gravel pits for a demo, just don't freak like Ummbikes did. :D
I was under the impression ICBMs were for military use only and besides it wasn't the horse's fault it's owner let it crap on the trail...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by laura
did you watch it? it wasnt anti gun. michael moore owns and shoots guns and was (if not still is) a member of the NRA. he was saying that it wasnt guns, it was our culture of fear.

he even amde the point to say that a huge majority of canadians own guns, but the murder rate due to guns is almost non existent there.

I watched the movie, and I must admit that I completely missed that angle.

Of course it seems that many in the anti-gun types did as well and hold Moore up as some sort of messianic symbol of their movement.

Even more disturbing is the fact that I have agrred with MMike twice in the last month.

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
even though moores point was a good one, he used alot of bs-ing to get there. his power to edit the footage he had and to show what he wanted gave him a huge advantage in persuading his audience. heston did look like an idiot when on camera, but when a prepared reporter comes into your house and starts asking questions, i think alot of people would act like heston. although he is the spokesperson for a huge organization, he may not know all the details. i agree with moore about fear and that gun control doesnt work in the US, but his ways of "documenting" this point were a bit sketchy to say the least.