Quantcast

i forgot how fun xc can be...

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
had a weird urge to grab the cx bike and head out to wake-o-tink for some punishment on monday. i haven't felt the desire to ride XC like that in quite a while. i had a blast. i forgot how friggin sketchy it can be to cruise down a mildly steepish, rooty descent on 700x35s and drop bars.

i'm entertaining the idea of hitting a CX race in leesburg halloween weekend... man, i'm gonna freakin DIE. :dead:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
cool corey, that is the reason i will not give up having a xc/trail bike. they can just be so fun sometimes, you don't have to alway push yourself and you can just go for a cruise

tater

Chimp
Aug 9, 2004
got some more information about that XC race in Leesburg, Corey? sounds interesting...

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
actually, it's a CX (cyclocross) race, not an XC.

found the race flyer here (pdf): http://www.evolutioncycling.org/team_race/2004EvolutionCrossFlyer.pdf

Evolution Cycling Cyclocross - Ida Lee Park
Presented by Evolution Cycling
Leesburg, VA
Saturday, October 30, 2004

Course Description:
2.5 km circuit with rolling terrain, short, steep run ups and open field riding.
Lots of grass and hard packed surface.
No warming up on the course while races are in progress

Directions: Park is located just north of Leesburg on Business Rt. 15
From DC take Rt. 267 Dulles Toll Rd./Greenway to Rt. 15.
Exit going south and take 1st Right onto Bus. 15. Go thru town, Park is on Left.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yo homey! congrats on the rediscovery of the sketchy woods ride. i have begun to actually ride more xc myself, especially while trying to get the arm back into action.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah man, I've been riding my Cross-Check almost every day the past week 10-20 miles :D Its awesome! Trying to get back in shape, and break in my wrist.

P.S. instead of racing, I think you should come to Reeshmond that weekend :D