Quantcast

I found a dog.. What should I do?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
loco said:
Considering 2 people were killed within 60 miles of here in the last 6 months, so am I. If you have a dog that is an instincual fighter, keep it home. If I could shoot a gun in my yard and one wandered up, I would blast him. I refuse to take a chance over a dog these days. You can say that they are stereotyped, but I have yet to find a cow dog that won't chase a cow. Trained or not.
And I assume you say the same thing about German Shephards, Dobie's, & Rotti's???

Let's not forget about the most ill tempered dog there is...the Chow...

I won't rant because it doesn't do any good. I'll just leave you with a couple pics of the VICIOUS pit bull...

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Wish you weren't so far away, I'd take him if you didn't want him. If the owner neglects the pet they shouldn't be allowed to have one. Keep him and take care of him!

elRey

Turbo Monkey
dogwonder said:
And I assume you say the same thing about German Shephards, Dobie's, & Rotti's???

Let's not forget about the most ill tempered dog there is...the Chow...

I won't rant because it doesn't do any good. I'll just leave you with a couple pics of the VICIOUS pit bull...

If I were that dog I would definately have to maul my owner for dressing me up like that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
feed 'em ... keep 'em if you want/are able, and have a loyal pet forever.
don't go stereotype him becuase of his breed. If you have time to spend training him he can be a well behaved, good pet.

Good looking dog. All of the pets I've ever had were strays or rescued.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Nick said:
feed 'em ... keep 'em if you want/are able, and have a loyal pet forever.
don't go stereotype him becuase of his breed. If you have time to spend training him he can be a well behaved, good pet.

Good looking dog. All of the pets I've ever had were strays or rescued.
Devil dog above was a pound pup...I will only adopt rescues or strays myself.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
My dog, Kloe, is a rescue. Any of the pets my family had when I was younger were adopted/rescued. I definitely know how to take care of dogs, and if I decide to keep him there will MOST DEFINITELY be training. Nothing's worse than an illbehaved dog; let a lone an illbehaved pitbull.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Some folks who own Pit Bulls don't take the time to train them properly. That is the real problem. Pits can actually be a good family dog. After Rottweilers they are my favorite dog.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I say check with a vet to see if it's chipped and about any laws regarding pitbulls in your area and then keep it.

Just be real careful with the dog around kids.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
So I took the dog into my vet this morning and he is indeed chipped. Here's the real kicker: The phone number and address are wrong/out of date and the persons' name doesn't show up in the yellow pages or with the MVD. I got nuthin'. I'm not too optimistic about finding this dogs' owner(s) ... looks like he's gonna end up my new roommate.