Quantcast

I found this to be a bit strange...

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Will Frischkorn's latest VN diary: http://www.velonews.com/article/91500/certified-mail

Now, I've never been drug tested, nor would my riding warrant such, but why is he so on edge about a positive test if he isn't taking anything? Perhaps it's something that goes through your head as soon as your blood is taken and sent off to labs....but still.

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but methinks he doth protest too much :monkey:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Well, if I were doping, I don't think I'd write about my fear of being caught on the internet...

I think he's just describing a legitimate fear based on the fact that he didn't know what the UCI could send him that would be so important. And if I were a pro, I'd be scared of a false positive. It could happen and it would probably ruin a career.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
No false positives really come to mind other than Tyler and Floyd. Of course, there are accidental positives where a rider may take something like a diet pill, not realizing it contains something banned.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
With how crappy of a job the French labs do, I would b nervous too...

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i'm with Ire on this one. considering the witch hunt they've been going on, all the screwed up tests, the raids in years past.... i can see why someone would be nervous. how much does it suck to have to plan out everything you eat and drink to make sure that the ingredients aren't on some banned substance list? not much fun in that.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hey it's just like when you get a voice mail from your boss telling you that "he needs to talk to you in his office in the morning"

you have a million senarios, all bad, running through your head all night. Then it turns out to be nothing but a planning session and you want to strangle his ass.