Quantcast

I Gave Blood This Evening

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Scab necklace is oh so EMO.

Who knew Loco likes to choke?

And Khalid would like his shirt back please.

Ha, hope you heal up quick.
I think Jeremy might be on to something here. Now you're sportin some serious EMO Cougar bait.

Hope you heal up.

But in the meantime, work on a good story of what happened.

Last edited:

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
no good story...just a noob fvckin up. :biggrin:

so i'm going over a log...which i might add i got over...but i landed unsteady and ended up in the brush off the path. my momentum from getting over the log kept me going while this vine wrapped around my neck and proceeded to be pulled across my neck as my bike and i kept going. i have to say...as it was happening i was terrified. it felt like my neck was being sliced and all i could think was that it was tearing into a vein. it felt a little like i was being decapitated. when i finally came to a stop...i got myself untangled and felt for blood. luckily it wasn't as severe as it felt and i continued to ride. it happened at the beginning of the ride so i rode the rest of the ride with the burning sensation of sweat irritating the open areas.

ah well...at least it wasn't a bruise. :twitch:

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
You could really come up with some great stories to tell when people ask "what happened to your neck?" :biggrin:

Or maybe they'll be too sketched out to ask....

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Welcome to Texas. It must have been the tires.:biggrin:

Soooooo seriously, was it blackberry's???

Most likely greenbriar -- for those unfortunate souls that don't have it -- think a rose bush stem without the roses.

I took one of those across the face. Thought it was going to rip my head off before it snapped. Left a nice gash on my nose, and it being the summer the blood mixed with sweat looked pretty gnarly.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
I took one of those across the face. Thought it was going to rip my head off before it snapped. Left a nice gash on my nose, and it being the summer the blood mixed with sweat looked pretty gnarly.
yea the sweat mixed in sure didn't make for a pleasant after feeling. :shocked:

but i AM amazed with all the bruises and even this injury, how one can get beat up ON the trail and after the initial jolt of pain, the pain seems to go away for the rest of the ride...until the bike stops. WTF? :biggrin:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
yea the sweat mixed in sure didn't make for a pleasant after feeling. :shocked:

but i AM amazed with all the bruises and even this injury, how one can get beat up ON the trail and after the initial jolt of pain, the pain seems to go away for the rest of the ride...until the bike stops. WTF? :biggrin:
Adreanaline!!!!! Best drug there is

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
There is 1 frame in this pic that is questionable. Therefore, you have to click on it to see the pic. No bannage for me!

pic

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Sorry it happened, but I thought I was going to have to start carrying a note saying I didn't want a transfusion, on the off chance you were the supplier. :D Turns out, you getting hung up in a vine was good for me.