Quantcast

I give you Windrock's Middle Finger (pics)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
biker3 said:
Oliver Springs, TN. Just outside of Knoxville. Remember though, pics do not do the justice, the place is hands down the steepest place I've ridden. Steeper than Sweitzer, Brian Head, Snowmass you name it. Trail one gets out of control as I witnessed DHbuilder do and then myself do on the same berm. BTW that section is THE ****, def my favorite of the place. rooty turn into two big split boulders that shute you at mach 1 into a loose berm that if you don't make you basically fly off a ravine, then into another textbook berm. Just awesome.
so true. I'd drive all the way just to hit Trail 1 all day long.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
we have to get helmet cam of Southern Rocks just so people can actually wrap their minds around how many boulders are in it...
i think that's going to be meghann's next photodocumentary trail.

these guys who haven't seen it from behind their handlebars, will pinch a loaf.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Taz said:
Doug, you were right. Finger is broke but only a chip off of one phalanges where the ligament attaches, massive hyperextension.

phalanges!:rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
phalanges!:rofl:
yeah.
that and photodocumentary, autobiographical account, germinating in a demented head.

we might be getting a little too "mensa" for just a bunch of dirty south denizens.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
hey all you local riders, check this out.

i gave a link to this thread to the a.t.v. club forum.
some of the responses are crackin me up.
here's a sample.

"otherwise they look like normal people, yet they walk among us and we have no idea who they are. scary."

"ok, let's see you do that holding a marlboro and a beer."

"i always said i'd try anything once, ya'll proved me wrong."

there's a lot of good people in that club. they do alot more work to keep this place open for ALL of us, than even i realize.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BigMike said:
Looks SWEET!

I'm actually a little bit scared to go to Windrock after everything i've heard about it.....
nah...it's all rideable. The trick with Windrock is that it encourages you to go faster and faster each run. About halfway through your day, you get way more worn out than you realize and things seem to come up on you faster than before and you miss a line. That's the way I would describe it.

If you like tech, but not overly burly, you would absolutely love Snake Rock. It twists and turns back and forth across the mountain for what seems like forever. You can't go very fast on the upper portions of it or you'll miss a switchback, S-turn, dip turn, etc. It's worth coming out and riding.

If you ride it your first run, you're way better off than if you showed up and dropped into Southern Rocks chasing me, Doug, Ben, Joey, Bloch, etc in a freight train of testosterone(not listed in order of ability)...we do stupid stuff from the get go. It's always the same thing...."I'm gonna get warmed up on this run, not gonna push it. Then all of a sudden half way down, you see 3-4 of us drafting and bird dogging each other....:love:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
dropped into Southern Rocks chasing me
looks like i'm going to be off the bike for awhile.
i think i just broke something when i fell outta my chair.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bizutch said:
If you ride it your first run, you're way better off than if you showed up and dropped into Southern Rocks chasing me, Doug, Ben, Joey, Bloch, etc in a freight train of testosterone(not listed in order of ability)...we do stupid stuff from the get go. It's always the same thing...."I'm gonna get warmed up on this run, not gonna push it. Then all of a sudden half way down, you see 3-4 of us drafting and bird dogging each other....:love:

HAHAHAHA!! I don't think i'd try to chase you guys...... I've had a few times chasing Milby and Banche down, and well lets just say.... the dust had settled by the time I got to where they had been!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
road...gap....
what, you want me to make it bigger ?
not a problem. no jump out here has ever remained the size it was originally planned.

you're right though, i haven't hit it yet.
but i also don't see anyone else airing down into the turn in the waterfall either.

not bad for 49.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
what, you want me to make it bigger ?
not a problem. no jump out here has ever remained the size it was originally planned.

you're right though, i haven't hit it yet.
but i also don't see anyone else airing down into the turn in the waterfall either.

not bad for 49.
Butch hasn't hit it either nor has he shown up to ride so until that day he can shut the f*ck up!:love:

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
ok, I'm coming out sometime- I would like to go before the NC national because there is a weekend off between that and the us open when I will be stuck out east. and I have plenty of back up parts etc. so don't worry about that.

Jesse- it looks like I'm going by myself as I have a family reunion in chicago, and I'm going to visit a friend in new jersey, so I will be all over the place. But we can caravan between race sites and camp together.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
dcamp29 said:
ok, I'm coming out sometime- I would like to go before the NC national because there is a weekend off between that and the us open when I will be stuck out east. and I have plenty of back up parts etc. so don't worry about that.

Jesse- it looks like I'm going by myself as I have a family reunion in chicago, and I'm going to visit a friend in new jersey, so I will be all over the place. But we can caravan between race sites and camp together.
trust me.
once you leave and go back home, you won't feel like you were "stuck out east"
we'll see to that.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
and I think I figured out why your derailleurs always explode...I'm pretty sure your dog uses them as chew toys. I just remembered mine blew the time I left my bike in your house.:clue:
Nope, Ben just hit it with a hammer after having to hear your bull$hit all night.:rofl:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
puhhhleeeassse tell me you're running tubeless this year....I need something to look forward to...:love:
Surely, you can do better than that.
Half the DHers out there run tubeless.
And mostly all Michelin users.
Maybe when they come out with a tubeless kit for apes you can give it a go.:dancing:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
i'll watch and see how you do sunday.
heh heh heh heh.
Oh snap,challenge number 2 has been thrown down! Butch, at this rate you'll have to spend one day cashing the checks your mouth has written.:rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
spoke80 said:
Oh snap,challenge number 2 has been thrown down! Butch, at this rate you'll have to spend one day cashing the checks your mouth has written.:rofl:
...and when I'm done you can keep the change....or drive me home from the hospital....:love:
If I come Sunday, I'm bringing the hardtail.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
...and when I'm done you can keep the change....or drive me home from the hospital....:love:
If I come Sunday, I'm bringing the hardtail.
If you come leave the hardtail and be ready to shred!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
If you come leave the hardtail and be ready to shred!
i gotta go to wal-mart and get a new belt.
i ran out of room for any additional notches on the old one.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ztlh13 said:
What's up are you guys not going down to Chuck's? I can swing by and throw you in the back!
Sorry Ghostrider, the pattern is full

The Girl's leaving town so I'm on dog patrol for the weekend.