Quantcast

I got 8 pairs of smartwool socks

J

JRB

from Sierra Trading post yesterday. My feet will feel good, and be pretty. :thumb:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
loco said:
from Sierra Trading post yesterday. My feet will feel good, and be pretty. :thumb:
finally a non-worthless thread from loco. :D smartwool socks are great.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Smartwool socks rule. I own like five pairs. I was at an LL Bean outlet in New Hampshire a couple years ago and they were less than half price. They were factory seconds, but I couldn't find anything wrong with them. I bought two pairs of warm toasty winter socks then. :thumb:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Smartwool socks are the way to go. I got a sixpack myself. Wool has great characteristics most people don't even know about. Dries faster than any synthetic or cotton and breathes better. Can keep you warm even when wet and absorbs odor as well(good for me, hehe).

Has anyone noticed the increase in ads in some bike mags featuring wool bike socks and jerseys?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
They are like 15 bucks a pair! Use them with poly propyline liners and its even better. That is what i use for hiking.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
My dad works in the sock industry( now thats exciting) him and his partners got some finnancial backing and set off to buy some sock companies. They came a few signatures away from buying the company that makes all of smartwools socks. I was so excited at the prospect of getting all the free smartwools and then he told me that they "decided they didnt want to sell"