Quantcast

I Got A Christmas Tree!!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
anyone that uses real christmas trees is not allowed to whine about clear cutting. near where i live there are thousands of square acres that were once covered in woods and native species but they have all been cleared, de-stumped and now have endless rows of perfectly genetically groomed christmas trees.

Buy a fake christmas tree and save the woods.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
biggins said:
<snip>

Trees are a renewable resource. Oil (plastic) is not..........

Last couple years we've gone up to the mountains to cut a tree - we help the Forest Service with their "forest thinning" :thumb:

Of course, those trees aren't "perfectly groomed" :think: More like a tall version of the Charlie Brown Xmas tree.

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so you can go into the national forest and cut down a tree that you are going to use for a couple of weeks then leave on the sidewalk to then stick out by the curb and have it tossed into a landfill covered in tinsel and crap but i cant go into the national forest and put a jump in a trail without being arrested on federal charges?

i dont like that.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
biggins said:
Yea, but you don't get that same christmas tree smell that makes the house all nice. I mean, don't get me wrong, I realize that clear cutting all those trees is wrong and people will log for the wrong reason, but hey, christmas trees smell good, and i'm not going to have somebody use aerosol to make my house smell like christmas.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
biggins said:
so you can go into the national forest and cut down a tree that you are going to use for a couple of weeks then leave on the sidewalk to then stick out by the curb and have it tossed into a landfill covered in tinsel and crap but i cant go into the national forest and put a jump in a trail without being arrested on federal charges?

i dont like that.
One big difference is that the Forest Service *invited* me in to do it...... :p

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
"SAVE THE CHRISTMAS TREES!!"

LoL
haha nice use of LOL. anyway im not saying save the christmas trees. if you lived around here you would see why the christmas tree thing bothers me so bad. im saying save the woods.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude manziman i will send you the money to buy a real tree in order to own that one.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude i dig the hell out of that tree it r0x0rs my s0xors. im serious to. do you use paypal?

J

JRB

One time a Christmas tree made me fall off of my bike. Now they scare me. I say that you just burn the whole damn forest of them. I move to ban christmas trees.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
manziman said:
It's like 2'6" or so. check out the movie of it on my server..it twinkles like a mo-fo

TWINKLY!
(3MB)

Even Snoop Dog would one like that. A treu hiphop gangsta artist can't live without it. :evil: Really Fo shizzle my nizzle. You should start a bussines with trees. It can make you rich. :evil:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
cmon now i got dibs on that thing. i think i have a positive balance of like 35 bucks in my paypal.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
biggins said:
cmon now i got dibs on that thing. i think i have a positive balance of like 35 bucks in my paypal.
Not anymore! Thanks biggins!

Woohoo. . . Dinner out tonight!

I'm all for clearcutting.

I'm not down with Christmas trees though, I just like to pick up stray animals and string them with high voltage lights, with some frayed wires for good measure.
Much more entertaining and festive in the holiday season I assure you. Also it is hours of fun for the kids if you equip them with a water filled spray bottle.. they love the sparks.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
shootr said:
I'm all for clearcutting.

I'm not down with Christmas trees though, I just like to pick up stray animals and string them with high voltage lights, with some frayed wires for good measure.
Much more entertaining and festive in the holiday season I assure you. Also it is hours of fun for the kids if you equip them with a water filled spray bottle.. they love the sparks.
you're just jealous...

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Christmas trees = farming

Clearcutting = timber extraction for wood and wood fiber products

The biggest problem with Christmas tree farming is that is extremely soil degrading and is often chemical-intensive. It also takes up arable land with a product good once a year, where as the same land could be used for something a bit more productive. Oregon alone produces about 30% of the country's annual Christmas tree harvest. Still, it employs 100,000 folks and is a $350 million industry.

Buying a real tree supports the agricultural industry, not the timber industry. Just make sure you recycle the tree when finished. They get used for all sorts of projects around here, especially for stream and lake habitat improvement. Those plastic trees last for sh@t and end up the landfill.

I guess take your environmental issue of choice: more stuff in the landfills, or less arable land for consistent food production.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
sam_little said:
Christmas trees = farming

Clearcutting = timber extraction for wood and wood fiber products

The biggest problem with Christmas tree farming is that is extremely soil degrading and is often chemical-intensive. It also takes up arable land with a product good once a year, where as the same land could be used for something a bit more productive. Oregon alone produces about 30% of the country's annual Christmas tree harvest. Still, it employs 100,000 folks and is a $350 million industry.

Buying a real tree supports the agricultural industry, not the timber industry. Just make sure you recycle the tree when finished. They get used for all sorts of projects around here, especially for stream and lake habitat improvement. Those plastic trees last for sh@t and end up the landfill.

I guess take your environmental issue of choice: more stuff in the landfills, or less arable land for consistent food production.
ummm....HAPPY KWANZAA EVERYONE!